Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Hi guys , sold my Wave 2 days back. As Using it alongside Galaxy S did not make much sense. The only thing I am missing from Wave is the excellent excellent sound quality through earphones. One are where this phone is the king :) Good luck with your Waves ..

Surfer said:
i have tried that buddy, still the same battery backup... it's now 22 hours since i charged my phone, the battery is at 62%... usage are:-
1 hour of call.
1 hour music.
15 mins of browsing on mobile.

the brightness is at 1, no widgets and no app running in the background... :p
I guessing the 1 hour of music is on headfones.. :p
Hmmm.. whats your firmware ?? DDJF2 seems to be the latest stable firmware..

I was on DDJF2 when i bought the phone.. and today i upgraded for the first time to DDJH1..

Samsung KIES is so pathetic... no information is given whatsoever.. damn... had to wait for 2hrs for the firmware to finish downloading.. no file size given... :mad:

Nokia is so polished with its PC sync softwares..

Any ways Installed DDJH1 successfully and none of data was erased.. thankfully..

Its Still Bada v1.0 and no extra apps..

Well phone seems a little quicker.. or i wonder if its just me.. :p

will post more if i find anything.. ;)

just bought the wave today evening.. blak colour is just superb and the screen is also awesome.. toying with it now..

please recommend good apps with it.. came with asphalt preloaded.

HoliC said:
I guessing the 1 hour of music is on headfones.. :p
Hmmm.. whats your firmware ?? DDJF2 seems to be the latest stable firmware..
that's right... does headphones take more power?
and my firmware is DDJF1, it the battery backup low??? you got 4 days, that's still unbelievable... :(

After going the thread its time to pull the trigger getting a wave for brother.Where can i get the best deal in Hyderabad /Mumbai ??

Can some one post a whole guide to apps:huh: , firmwares,tips and tricks.I am lazy to search the entire thread :ashamed:.
TIA:)

Guys need help, Was upgrading to the latest DDJH1 from DDJE7 firmware. Kies downloaded and started upgrading and then came the message....'problem upgrading firmware, recovery required'.

I followed the instructions of disconnecting and turning OFF the phone(which I had to do by removing the battery). And when I pressed the recovery mode by pressing, Power + Vol down+ Camera key a red colored 'download mode' appeared'. Now the Kies is unable to recognise my Wave, no matter what.

So, any suggestions here or do I have to now visit the customer service center?

even i got the same error. so i restartd the phone in normal mode.. restartd the computer and kies.
the phone updated properly now.
however in kies it shows device as gt-85000 1234567.. any1 knows this why?

Dhanan said:
Guys need help, Was upgrading to the latest DDJH1 from DDJE7 firmware. Kies downloaded and started upgrading and then came the message....'problem upgrading firmware, recovery required'.
I followed the instructions of disconnecting and turning OFF the phone(which I had to do by removing the battery). And when I pressed the recovery mode by pressing, Power + Vol down+ Camera key a red colored 'download mode' appeared'. Now the Kies is unable to recognise my Wave, no matter what.

So, any suggestions here or do I have to now visit the customer service center?

Updated my wave successfully to DDJH1 using Kies. It took me 1.5 hours to complete the process. No problems whatsoever.
Will let u all know if i come across any noticeable differences. Hope atleast this update improves my battery life.
Fingers crossed... ;)

I updated too last nite....... all went well....... full speed frm Samsung servers....... update downloaded some 200MB's....... took only 1/2hr to update on 2Mbps conn........

Why is there no chngelog given with these updates???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

paddydevil said:
even i got the same error. so i restartd the phone in normal mode.. restartd the computer and kies.

were u also on JE7 before updating to JH1??

i dont remember, wat does your phone show in details in kies on top right corner?

panzer008 said:
I updated too last nite....... all went well....... full speed frm Samsung servers....... update downloaded some 200MB's....... took only 1/2hr to update on 2Mbps conn........

Why is there no chngelog given with these updates???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

were u also on JE7 before updating to JH1??

paddydevil said:
i dont remember, wat does your phone show in details in kies on top right corner?

It shows "GT-S8500 0123456789"....... but tht was frm the day I bought it so tht didnt chnge after update....... so dont worry........ it shows ur cell no. on some Wave's...... weird....

cool.. thanks.. i was worried.. anyways liking the phone.. now downloading few apps.. could some 1 tell the best free apps for the wave.

panzer008 said:
It shows "GT-S8500 0123456789"....... but tht was frm the day I bought it so tht didnt chnge after update....... so dont worry........ it shows ur cell no. on some Wave's...... weird....

last night i checked the samsung app store, there are only 780apps, now there are 821 Items found, even 4days back i checked the store, there was only 693apps :p, nice going samsung :D

kanishk619 said:
last night i checked the samsung app store, there are only 780apps, now there are 821 Items found, even 4days back i checked the store, there was only 693apps :p, nice going samsung :D

but most of the apps are paid which are still not available in India

What is this icon (Top-left corner)

Attachments

• 20100825143555.JPG
    20100825143555.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 151
paddydevil said:

No luck here.....still doesnt recognize the device. Guess will go to the service center.

There are lot of issues with Samsung Kies....

Kies is recognizing my phone but when I click on Samsung Apps in the kies I get this strange message "This mobile phone is not supported by samsung apps"

and I am not able to install any new apps. Is anyone facing same issue?

Also while upgrading it shows new firmware is available in the pop-up but when I click on it shows message as "The device does not support Firmware Upgrade"

Is any one facing this issue?

Back