Samsung Wave S8500 India release

soumalidon said:
its not gonna match the first wave :( and its bulky too comparatively
Yeah. The bulky part is bang-on, but you get used to it. I think it's some 15-20g more than Wave 1. But 3.7" screen plus SLCD is a good bet for another 1.5-2K compared to the price I shelved out for my wave. :p

soumalidon said:
its not gonna match the first wave :( and its bulky too comparatively
Come on!! The damn thing is 3.7" (yeah definitely thicker, which shouldn't have happened), and most 3.7" , I guess weighs similar to it.

I am rather surprised by the price though, because the rumors were that it would be over Rs 20k..

I would still recommend Wave-II if the contrast ratios were at least similar to iphone's with good color saturation,but from the review in gsmarena, it seems not to be the case..

arpan said:
@Tejas01

Thats strange.. i did not encounter that error when i flashed my phone.

The fota file is in the S8500XXJK1 F/W, and not in the XXJID F/W.

Anyway follow this video and do it this way for XXJID:

Firmware Flashing Guide - Video on how to Flash the Wave - Bada Firmware

&

When applying the S8500XXJK1 update, leave the "BOOT" section unchecked in MULTIUPLOADER and load only the files that are in the downloaded S8500XXJK1 F/W

[amss.bin,

apps_compressed.bin,

bplib_S8500OpEuroCommon.fota,

CSC_S8500_Open_Europe_Common_OXA_XXJK1.csc ,

PFS_S8500_Open_Europe_Common_XXJK1.pfs,

Rsrc_S8500_Open_Europe_Common.rc1,

Rsrc2_S8500_Open_Euro_Common(Low).rc2

&

ShpApp_HD.app ] .

Hope this helps.
thanks, it worked... but i got some major two issues after upgrading..

i am still unable to use KIES after upgrading .net to version 4.

And even worse, i cannot even copy files from my pc to Wave.Although its properly detected and all, when i try to copy data, it says "the device has either disconnected or action terminated". Damm, this is really frustrating!! I even tried repairing my KIES, but to no vail...

Can anyone please help me.

^^

Even i had this same problem after flashing to 1.2 XXJID.

try this:

connect your wave to your pc and then right click on my computer>> properties>> device manager >> look for MTP device and uninstall it.. then disconnect wave by removing the cable and then reconnect it. Should get properly detected and start working with KIes.

If it still doesn't work then do a fresh install of Kies and try again .

arpan said:
^^

Even i had this same problem after flashing to 1.2 XXJID.

try this:

connect your wave to your pc and then right click on my computer>> properties>> device manager >> look for MTP device and uninstall it.. then disconnect wave by removing the cable and then reconnect it. Should get properly detected and start working with KIes.

If it still doesn't work then do a fresh install of Kies and try again .
I am unable to find MTP device in my device manager. I am using Win 7 Professional. Can u guide me on this..

I even tried re-installing Kies, but still same problem. I cannot copy files frm pc to cell.

^^

Sorry abt that...

Uninstall this:

In device manager >> portable devices>> samsung wave ( gt-s8500 )

then reconnect the phone.. the drivers shall start installing..

if it still doesn't work:

try installing KIES on a friend's computer and see if its computer related problem ...

arpan said:
^^

Sorry abt that...

Uninstall this:

In device manager >> portable devices>> samsung wave ( gt-s8500 )

then reconnect the phone.. the drivers shall start installing..

if it still doesn't work:

try installing KIES on a friend's computer and see if its computer related problem ...

I tried every possible step.

Tried using KIES on my laptop, still no luck.

re-flashed wave to indian firmware and then tried, still no luck.. even updated the indian firmware to the latest version, still no luck.

Even installed-reinstalled kies many times.. still no luck.

Damm.. whats happen to my fone. I am now even getting "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY ISSUES" when i try to make a new folder on my MMC.

Any other solution guys!!! My wave is almost helpless..

dude, 1.2 is the fastest and stable version as far till now, but for using 1.2 with kies, u need to edit some registry to make it work with kies, dunno wats they are, i hav never faced low memory issues or page too large after updating to 1.2

^^ but i never had to edit any registry to get it working with kies

@tejas

Try setting the connectivity settings to mass storage then connect the cable. If it gets detected the try connectivity setting to kies mode and see if it works.

arpan said:
^^ but i never had to edit any registry to get it working with kies

@tejas

Try setting the connectivity settings to mass storage then connect the cable. If it gets detected the try connectivity setting to kies mode and see if it works.

Buddy, the issue is not with the fone not getting detected or connected. I can very well connect the fone to any of the respective modes and it does get connected.

The problem comes when my fone after getting detected, if I try to copy any file from pc to my fone, i get an error.. screenshot attached below.

[IMG=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/239/errorofwave.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The above screenshot is for when i try to use my fone in KIES mode.

Also when i try to copy a file in USB mode, i get an error stating that the destination cannot be found. screenshot is below.

[IMG=http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/601/errorofwave1.png][/IMG]

So the problem is not with fone detection, but after detection i can use to transfer my file from PC to wave.

Tejas01 said:
Buddy, the issue is not with the fone not getting detected or connected. I can very well connect the fone to any of the respective modes and it does get connected.

The problem comes when my fone after getting detected, if I try to copy any file from pc to my fone, i get an error.. screenshot attached below.

Also when i try to copy a file in USB mode, i get an error stating that the destination cannot be found. screenshot is below.

So the problem is not with fone detection, but after detection i can use to transfer my file from PC to wave.
wierd :S .....

Tejas01 said:

Check your memory card ... Save your data and try formatting your memory card from phone itself.

arpan said:
Check your memory card ... Save your data and try formatting your memory card from phone itself.
I found out the root cause of the problem.. it was the back up of the messages which was causing problems while transferring data.

After deleting those backed up sms's, the contents were copied properly..

Indeed, Wave does acts weird at times.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

After much hassle... got to upgrade to only XJID version as the newer XJK1 having some issue regarding camera.

Whenever i try to activate camera in XJK1, it says camera failed, so currently using only XJID.

Any idea about why camera not working!!

my message lock does not seem to work..it only works some random times, but most often it does not bother to ask for the passcode..i dont want to keep my messages open for others..anyone else facing this issue??

Guys I have just got a Wave- fortunate to get a virtually new piece. Need help please suggest'

For screen protector- which one- from where.

Need a leather flip case too

is ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD Samsung Wave - Maximum Coverage- useful- is it worth Rs. 1499 asked price

Please guide.

vijayshimla said:
Need a leather flip case too
I have a cheap leather(not sure if its real leather) case but the case needs a bigger flash and camera hole. Right now when I take any pics the bottom part of the image is screwed up.

Does anyone know where can I get a good case for wave.

Back