Sandisk Clip+ 4GB Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I'm curious...are you using anything to protect your Clip?

Also, I'm confused if I should get a pair of PL-11's or buy the relatively more expensive Fischer Equilibrium/HD RE2

letmein said:
Guys, I'm curious...are you using anything to protect your Clip?

The second question can be in a separate thread ;)

Protect? I've dropped it twice or thrice. I've not yet tried to do a drop test or drop a brick on it so far because of my money is finite :p

esanthosh said:
The second question can be in a separate thread ;)

Protect? I've dropped it twice or thrice. I've not yet tried to do a drop test or drop a brick on it so far because of my money is finite :p

No I mean protect the front from cosmetic damage.The front is a bit glossy. It already has a small scratch on it. from being in my jeans pocket for ~7 hours.

^.. A silicone cover is required for complete protection otherwise you can get the front laminated just for scratches..

^ For that, you can buy a silicone case or a cover. There are some choices at Amazon.

A couple of options discussed in this thread at abi.

Edit: A slightly costlier option is Zagg InvisibleSHIELD
I've had it for a few months, but I observed only finger prints on the glossy surface. And I thought you do not need a cover. So I was surprised. Did you keep it with any other stuff that caused the scratch?

Can anybody also suggest a customised case/pouch to carry easily sansa clip+Fiio5+earphone safely ?

Finally got the player two days ago.. Nice to listen to it... Though it froze on me during initial charging, but a hard reset brought it back from the dead..

I've upgraded the firmware to the latest & its working all right except that I think maybe the sound is a little low. But I can't be sure... At full volume it sounds quite nice but at low volume its very low. I earlier had the 2GB version & even at low it was loud enough..

I am not concerned about the pricing! I don't have a CC to get this on my own. :( So need someone to order it and I will pay.

raksrules said:
Is there anyone who has upgraded the firmware of the clip+. Any noticable improvements ?

I upgraded after my Clip+ froze during a song. Don't notice anything new. :S

Sansa Clip+Firmware 01.02.09 Release Notes

This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on device to complete the upgrade process. If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the deviceand then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:

• ReplayGain parsing is improved

• Playback performance of mono WAV and FLAC files is improved

• Max volume level is lowered in Normal volume setting to comply with new European Union requirement
Bugs Fixed:

• Channel number doesn’t change when skipping channels in Audible playback

• Some language strings are in English

• Volume cannot be changed outside of playback screen

• Audiobook and podcast counts are not correct in Info screen

• Device randomly freezes during slotRadio card insertion

• Device hangs during playback of corrupted OGG files

• FM audio is lost following microSD card insertion
Known Issues:

• Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time

• FM signal is weakened during FM recording

• Powering off device is not available during Locked state

• Player hangs if backlight settings are changed and saved and backlight times out before exiting the settings menu

Is the volume normalization (read reducing) too much ??
Also what is this ReplayGain thing on clip+. I dont understand what it is and what difference it makes.

What is this....??

Channel number doesn’t change when skipping channels in Audible playback

Also if anyone has updated the firmware, want to ask whether i need to take backup of my songs before proceeding with the upgrade ?

Volume Level reduction is only if you configure your device as European. Set it to USA / Rest of the World.

Regarding the channel number, I'm not sure. It might be a radio thing. Anyways, why bother with it... it's fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back