FS: Mobile !SCAMMER!

150 INR for 1 month. This was bound to happen.
Patron to access FS section shouldn't exist if it does then take ID proof from them just the same as dealers/resellers.

that's absurd pricing. Patron badge should be like 3-4k/year or something like that. 150 is less than a cup of coffee at CCD or Starbucks, even chhapris nowadays can afford that!

you were duped what? 4k?

let me know if I can be of any help, I can send you ~500 to cover some of that loss.
Thanks, but I have to decline it was my greed and idiocy that incurred this loss so I must be the one to bear it. At least it happened with a relatively smaller amount so I wont be dumb enough to ignore red flags and get scammed again.
Nevertheless, I've reported it to my brother (npci employee), on the npci site and raised an online cybercrime complaint. Brother has told me there's close to 0 chance to recover the money but at least the scammer's account will be frozen.

Thanks, but I have to decline it was my greed and idiocy that incurred this loss so I must be the one to bear it. At least it happened with a relatively smaller amount so I wont be dumb enough to ignore red flags and get scammed again.
Nevertheless, I've reported it to my brother (npci employee), on the npci site and raised an online cybercrime complaint. Brother has told me there's close to 0 chance to recover the money but at least the scammer's account will be frozen.

no worries, hope you get your money back and the guy gets his due!

also, that offer is open, every penny counts, and we are willing to help you cut your loss.

anyway, next time when you list something and we are buying, we can ask for a special discount! ;)
No matter the amount TBH anyone who wants immediate Classifieds access should be scrutinized.

I wanted immediate classifieds access tbh, but I was willing to wait and be a part of the community.

The scammers looking for an immediate buck will be deterred, true.. and the ones who are in on the long game, well, you can never do anything with that! I mean, iirc I knew a guy @ xda way back, he was in Miami or some other city, USA and he scammed a number of people at the same time and must have grossed over $2k at that time!

If you have his number, try searching in the true caller to see where he is from and probably a name. Then we can try finding him in any social networks or probably linkedin :)

If you have his number, try searching in the true caller to see where he is from and probably a name. Then we can try finding him in any social networks or probably linkedin :)
What makes you think he's scamming from his owned SIM? That would be very foolish. Additionally, Truecaller data/profiles can be customized very easily. The UPI is the only link here.

Yep seems like the same person, upi id shows the name Aditya Singh. No replies from him yet. Money is most likely gone but atleast his bank will be blocked so i'm happy about that.

wow! I have had some pm for devices last year with him.

that particular id is blocked it seems.. and the op was online just a while back reading this thread it appears..

Is the seller not returning the money?
He's this same member : https://techenclave.com/feedback/93664

his feedbacks were also decent and apparently he was based in Noida at that time.

You should feel proud. You've done everything right and almost caught a scammer red-handed.
I am only feeling anxious atm. In fact feeling the same way ever since this confrontation began. Extremely lucky to have dogded this.
Was back on TE after a gap of two years. Will take a break again till 2024.
Amidst this air of mistrust, I'd like to thank a few genuine guys I have come across on this forum.
@Chhotu uttam was the very first guy I had dealt with. I was completely new to the used market with zero experience. Could've been scammed in a hearbeat. He was just super friendly and always straight to the point. In fact this awesome first deal is the reason I persisted with TechEnclave and second hand market. I am typing this on the phone I bought from him.
@detailer the second one who again was friendly and genuine. Thanks to him again and his Note 4 continues to work like a charm.
The next deal was with @joy.das.jd. It was a giveaway and he, despite mentioning explicitly that 'the buyer has to book for shipping', did it for me as I was not familiar with booking for pickup from somebody else's address. He could've easily ignored my PM and gave away those to somebody else but he didn't. Thankful for that generosity!
Finally, coming to the most recent deal with @awestorr. Well, I bought a laptop without screen, a near non-functional keyboard and malfunctioning GPU. No way I would pay for anything like that in any local offer let alone online. There just can't be any trust when so much of the laptop doesn't work. But his laptop works exactly as he had advertised. He is genuine and extremely friendly. Answered all my queries regarding the laptop and there were not less than 100! This broken laptop will remain the most daring purchase of my life.
Finally I have @StygianClaw to thank for caring enough to mention me on a sell thread that was matching the criteria of my purchase. His offer didn't go through, but he was welcoming and ofc generous enough to remember to tag me!
Will take the aforementioned break upon leaving the feedbacks for @awestorr two days later.
Finally, thanks to all the mods for creating the forum and keeping it running.
Edit: I somehow forgot @Kmkaks! Well, I had bought a Kindle for my friend from him. It was just a different level of stress as my friend was anxious with everything. I know I annoyed the seller a bit to alleviate the stress of my friend till the kindle arrived. But he was understanding and handled these panics calmly. Thanks a lot to him too!

Last edited:
Hey man feel for you. Let me know, I can send ~500 too if it helps.

It took me months to organically be eligible to sell anything here, not that I had anything to sell but that's not the point. I have no problem with the "pay to access marketplace" strategy but without verification of some sort, it's useless, counterproductive, and puts the TE community in danger.

I am only feeling anxious atm. In fact feeling the same way ever since this confrontation began. Extremely lucky to have dogded this.
Amidst this air of mistrust, I'd like to thank a few genuine guys I have come across on this forum.
@Chhotu uttam was the very first guy I had dealt with. I was completely new to the used market with zero experience. Could've been scammed in a hearbeat. He was just super friendly and always straight to the point. In fact this awesome first deal is the reason I persisted with TechEnclave and second hand market. I am typing this on the phone I bought from him.
@detailer the second one who again was friendly and genuine. Thanks to him again and his Note 4 continues to work like a charm.
The next deal was with @joy.das.jd. It was a giveaway and he, despite mentioning explicitly that 'the buyer has to book for shipping', did it for me as I was not familiar with booking for pickup from somebody else's address. He could've easily ignored my PM and gave away those to somebody else but he didn't. Thankful for that generosity!
Finally, coming to the most recent deal with @awestorr. Well, I bought a laptop without screen, a near non-functional keyboard and malfunctioning GPU. No way I would pay for anything like that in any local offer let alone online. There just can't be any trust when so much of the laptop doesn't work. But his laptop works exactly as he had advertised. He is genuine and extremely friendly. Answered all my queries regarding the laptop and there were not less than 100! This broken laptop will remain the most daring purchase of my life.
Finally I have @StygianClaw to thank for caring enough to mention me on a sell thread that was matching the criteria of my purchase. His offer didn't go through, but he was welcoming and ofc generous enough to remember to tag me!
Will take the aforementioned break upon leaving the feedbacks for @awestorr two days later.

1691414668952.png

Same here, I met some really nice people here. @blackhorn and @rudiv were the first few I dealt with I am writing this on a PC powered by the PSU bought from @blackhorn and RAM kit bought from @rudiv. There are few guys here that I would buy in a heartbeat without caring about anything. I hope TE remains the same place I think it's been all this time.

150 INR for 1 month. This was bound to happen.
Patron to access FS section shouldn't exist if it does then take ID proof from them just the same as dealers/resellers.
did any one think that scammers can not make ID Proofs/ Fake Invoice/ Fake Account. May make account first and after 3-4 months starts duping innocent .... ?

did any one think that scammers can not make ID Proofs/ Fake Invoice/ Fake Account. May make account first and after 3-4 months starts duping innocent .... ?
I think the point @enthusiast29 was trying to make is; getting marketplace access just by paying 150 without any other form of deterrent in place was a bad decision or as @buzz88 pointed out and I quote "a Stupid-Ass" decision.

@Abhijat sorry for your loss mate , i try to question and correct suspicious posts as much as i can but mods seem to remove any line of questioning as off topic , there should be no restrictions placed on questioning a seller just because it hurts their feelings because not the mods or seller are responsible when users get scammed like this , buyer should be protected at all costs.

they try to suppress questioning maybe in order to get more traffic on the website but ultimately once the trust of marketplace fades it will push away the buyers.

Back