Seagate Dockstar Discussion and Tutorial Thread

Deluge is way too slow compared to Transmission , did you removed Deluge with all its dependencies ?

I just received my Segate GoFlex Home NAS today.

Where am i supposed to key in the credentials.
Accessing the http://goflex_home opens no login popup.
It redirects to http://goflex_home/homebase/signin?i=somenumber

Also in my n/w shares if i have a FAT32 formatted pendrive hooked to the usb port of the goflex its shown as empty in the
"External Storage" but when i connect the pendrive to mobo usb port its shows the contents.
[Guess this is coz its FAT32 ]

Some help please.

^ A login page should normally be displayed when you access that page, if not just follow the steps here -- GoFlex Home Support

i get a page to key in my segate device serial number and after keying in i am redirected to a page which shows that its untrusted.

Untrusted Connection.jpg
should i allow this untrusted connection. ???? on checking the certificate it says wrong site.

I am able to access the transmission web interface but not the segate nas

^ The GoFlex Home runs on software made by Axentra, you need to ask them why they haven't renewed the certificate. :p But you may proceed as it works just fine.

^ The GoFlex Home runs on software made by Axentra, you need to ask them why they haven't renewed the certificate. :p But you may proceed as it works just fine.

I have rebooted it once after the led stoped blinking now the second time its been more than 10 minutes the led is constantly blinking.

^ Give it some time, it may download the updates etc which is around 20-40 MB and depending on your internet speed will take few minutes.

Its like blinking forever and now i am not even able to access the USB connected storage, basically am loosing my mind , hope there was some way to see whats going on rather than seeing just a blinking led.
Lets see will keep it on the whole night.

also when in windows 7 it used to show some upnp also that too is gone for the goflex.

^ If its still not working, you can always reflash the firmware -- GoFlex Homeâ„¢ : Factory Reflash

And just forget about the USB storage part, one the NAS portal opens, everything else will work. I don't know why but Seagate has these frequent updates and every once in a while one of the updates leave the WebUI inaccessible.

^ If its still not working, you can always reflash the firmware -- GoFlex Homeâ„¢ : Factory Reflash

And just forget about the USB storage part, one the NAS portal opens, everything else will work. I don't know why but Seagate has these frequent updates and every once in a while one of the updates leave the WebUI inaccessible.

Will reflashing the firmware require me to re install transmission.

also where is the reset pin. ????

Well the device kept blinking forever and nothing happened till morning.
I reflashed it and now i am able to access nas portal and my usb shares.

But now i transmission even if there gives cannot find service.

Also i have changed my credentials so now in windows 7 i am not able to access my password shares since i created a new account.
How can i clear windows share credentials from its cache so i can specify new credentials for accessing my goflex_home shares.

Back