Shiv Sena Attacks IBN Offices in Mumbai, Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well attack on Hindi channel I can understand :p but on IBN Lokmat strange SS hitting its own marathi manoos's news channel :p

there is only one way to stop war, by being prepared for it.

all news channels have open fire against SS on this.

The Old man might have been inspiration to some of the people around in mumbai but he is destroying his own credibility now by taking panga with Big B , Sachin, and now marathi speaking media.

SS business is over here in Navi Mumbai (mumbai suburb) years ago and it looks like they need to pack their bags in mumbai too.

and speaking of native place, he was born in Pune, he as well is a migrant to mumbai imo.

Roxtin said:
Well attack on Hindi channel I can understand :p but on IBN Lokmat strange SS hitting its own marathi manoos's news channel :p

Oh, I thought lokmat was just another branch of IBN, but then the message is clear that he won't tolerate any dissent/opposition from his own ppl.

madnav said:
SS business is over here in Navi Mumbai (mumbai suburb) years ago and it looks like they need to pack their bags in mumbai too.
This is the core ruppee question. The old man believes to the contrary.

We will see :)

madnav said:
and speaking of native place, he was born in Pune, he as well is a migrant to mumbai imo.
Very nice :D

Ard 100-150 years back thackeray dynasty itself migrated from MP to here...(Bal thackerays father)...Now isnt time for them to leave space for localites
Behind the Thackeray phenomenon
Real mumbaites belong to the KOlis who were here from 14th centruy

as magnet pointed, real mumbai belongs to Koli (and agri)

mumbai consisted and was populated by koli and agri since centuries.

i come from agri family...

BUT that was not the mumbai we know today.

Mumbai still would have been a big fish market if not for the brits who made it into a developed island. most people migrated to get the business/employement opportunity and now these people are talking about legacy that brits created in the 1st place as their legacy.

if you ask the koli and agri people, then they will never oppose the migration, they sure will criticize the slums being not take care of and low security along the coast but they will not oppose migration. migration has listed their living standards to a level they never expected. and only a person coming from slum to middle class can know what i mean, not Mr. thakery who was born in middle class in the 1st place.

agri and koli have lost lands worth crores ( to municipal and cidco corps) but they are still happy with overall development.

maybe I'm speaking too much on behalf of my people but agri and koli atleast in navi mumbai give no shit about SS and MNS, we all want to live with peace and we all like the inflating property rates which otherwise would be hard without immigration :p

Another breaking news....so far from tv

Sunil raut(sanjay raut) brother was behingd the attack

And MNS

gave 15 days warning to BSE to launch Marathi website

Now i want to say WTF

Why not to change BSE to MSE ?????

@Madnav

I m myself an Agri, i will never criticize migration. But as you said we will definetely oppose the unchecked migration if it threatens our city n livelihood.

agri and koli have lost lands worth crores ( to municipal and cidco corps) but they are still happy with overall development.

Cant agree more with that. Good post by u buddy and Magnet.

But still i believe Maharashtrians (don't read Marathis plz, its Maharashtrians) have the first right on Mumbai than others.

@ x rebel you realise india is a country and people are free to pursue livelihood wherever they please ....and if you feel you have first right or whatever that is , that the same logic will be applied if you want to go abroad for your studies or even go out of state ?

X-Rebel said:
@Madnav

I m myself an Agri, i will never criticize migration. But as you said we will definetely oppose the unchecked migration if it threatens our city n livelihood.

Cant agree more with that. Good post by u buddy and Magnet.

But still i believe Maharashtrians (don't read Marathis plz, its Maharashtrians) have the first right on Mumbai than others.

Well, what you are basically saying is that rich business people who bring opportunities to the folk in Mumbai are welcome, but those who seek a lively hood are not. Is that it? A lot of Maharashtrians at all levels migrated and make their living in other states like AP, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Delhi and even here in Punjab. Lets assume that the locals in these places get fed up with the nonsense going on in Mumbai and decide to drive out all the Maharastrians back to mumbai/maharastra. Did you ever consider whats going to happen to Mumbai?

Yours is exactly the kind of attitude that encourages guys like RT to take political advantage of such matters. There are no exceptions and no first rights. India belongs to every Indian. If a tonne of people from other states are making their living in Maharastra, then a tonne of Maharastrans are making their living in other states. Also remember that its the outsiders (both from other states and other countries) that make or break Mumbai. Without these people, Mumbai would be just another one of the countless towns in India.

kippu said:
....and if you feel you have first right or whatever that is , that the same logic will be applied if you want to go abroad for your studies or even go out of state ?

Lets see whether you get a reply :)

Lord Nemesis said:
Well, what you are basically saying is that rich business people who bring opportunities to the folk in Mumbai are welcome, but those who seek a lively hood are not. Is that it? A lot of Maharashtrians at all levels migrated and make their living in other states like AP, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Delhi and even here in Punjab. Lets assume that the locals in these places get fed up with the nonsense going on in Mumbai and decide to drive out all the Maharastrians back to mumbai/maharastra. Did you ever consider whats going to happen to Mumbai?

Yours is exactly the kind of attitude that encourages guys like RT to take political advantage of such matters. There are no exceptions and no first rights. India belongs to every Indian. If a tonne of people from other states are making their living in Maharastra, then a tonne of Maharastrans are making their living in other states. Also remember that its the outsiders (both from other states and other countries) that make or break Mumbai. Without these people, Mumbai would be just another one of the countless towns in India.

Lol neme. i guess the other thrashed thread he has shown the support

Twisting words so that can be used for their own benefit without caring what others do for u

Lord Nemesis said:
Also remember that its the outsiders (both from other states and other countries) that make or break Mumbai. Without these people, Mumbai would be just another one of the countless towns in India.

Abt 15-20 years back there were much less migrants than there are now ... I will say at that time Mumbai was a much better place to live in than it is today. Are u trying to say that at that time Mumbai was just another small town ??
kippu said:
and if you feel you have first right or whatever that is , that the same logic will be applied if you want to go abroad for your studies or even go out of state ?

Bro, if I have to go to some other state, i will take care to ensure that I try my best to mingle with the local culture, respect the local language. I was in Kerala for a few weeks, i did my best to learn Malayalam, and of course respected the local culture.

MNS means Make Non sense or mAkE NO sense , and they are crap on this earth like every terrorist organization .These people should be beaten to death for the acts they have done .Forget to take on international terrorists, who are planning to attack on us ,if we are not able to handle terrorists like MNS .

Didn't want to start a new thread in the feedback forum, so am just making a small post here instead. Please excuse me for the bold font. It is not a typo.

Oh man, I can't believe everyone is wasting their time here writing in such pointless and stupid threads... Why can't mods put an end to such threads after a page or two? Does it really matter to discuss and argue about such things for lengths with 3-4 paragraphs long posts?

This is a tech forum.. Such threads are okay, but after a time they are pointless. Is there really a need to know which dimwit supports pointless violence and then defends it with counter posts?! Or more posts which are a response to the previous flame posts and are in themselves flame posts?

I requested the same earlier and again do.. there is no need for these threads to continue unabated.. It's not about the rights of forum members, it is really spoiling the spirit of the forum.

Now, I will myself start distinguishing members based on what their regional/religious/cultural preferences are. Do I need to know that when I'm getting or giving tech knowledge? Sheesh..

I hope my sincere request does not fall on deaf ears and there is some action.

Lord Nemesis said:

These 3 lines sums up everything at its best! Couldn't agree more.

Sei said:

Now, I will myself start distinguishing members based on what their regional/religious/cultural preferences are. Do I need to know that when I'm getting or giving tech knowledge? Sheesh..

[/B]

Well I won't say I don't do that after reading such posts but that still shouldn't make that big difference IMO. Just like we know that such people exists in our society, so they will at this forum too.

I would say why not use this as an opportunity to understand the minds of the people and then understand the exact problem. Running away from a problem is the worst thing. (We all know this but we all do it at times!)

X-Rebel said:
Abt 15-20 years back there were much less migrants than there are now ... I will say at that time Mumbai was a much better place to live in than it is today. Are u trying to say that at that time Mumbai was just another small town ??
No I think he is saying that BT was still raging even then but towards a different grp for pretty much the same thing as now. Same old etc.

Mumbai was less crowded than it is today and less crowded than it will be tomorrow :)

BT or UT + RT will still be in going strong in the future as they have very good business plan.

Thing is if you're gonna be packed up like sardines, these characteres makes you hate the person next to you which makes the experience more painful. In the end its the ppl that live in this confined space that enjoy it less thanks to the T's
Sei said:
Oh man, I can't believe everyone is wasting their time here writing in such pointless and stupid threads... Why can't mods put an end to such threads after a page or two? Does it really matter to discuss and argue about such things for lengths with 3-4 paragraphs long posts?
If ppl feel the need to express their thought why do you have a problem ?

Sei said:
This is a tech forum.. Such threads are okay, but after a time they are pointless. Is there really a need to know which dimwit supports pointless violence and then defends it with counter posts?! Or more posts which are a response to the previous flame posts and are in themselves flame posts?
What has tech got to do with the section 'General Talk' ?

Sei said:
I requested the same earlier and again do.. there is no need for these threads to continue unabated.. It's not about the rights of forum members, it is really spoiling the spirit of the forum.
Ppl feel the need to chat as developments take place.

If you don't like these threads why do you bother to open them and further post. its not like the thread title isn't self-explanatory.

Sei said:
You might, but i usually leave whats said in a thread inside it and most likely forget who said what in a few days time.

I think politics is an important part of life and curbing its expression is no different to what happens in police states. Free discussion of politics is a defining characteristic of the country we live in. If anything its far easier to discuss this subject and learn more online than in real life i think.

One of the things that pisses me off greatly in this country is we have this right 'to feel offended'.

It might sound like a reasonable idea but its not.

The 'right to be offended' is aimed at silencing critques in the hope that they will go away. But they don't, they build up and then one fine day we have an explosion and another thread like this gets created and we ask whats happening, whats goin on... :(

The safety valve is dialogue, ppl with different ideas getting together and talking and talking and talking. You say its hot air, and it is but its only way we have to reach a compromise.

^ Dear blr_p, from whatever posts of yours I've read on the forum, I respect your opinion and hope that you didn't take my post as a rant (though now when I read it, it does sound like one... a little bit).

I really feel that this whole thing has been given so much attention lately, it is really bugging.. and to find it here when I open TE too.. that caused the outburst.

From the time I've been here (almost 5 years now), most of my friends have been locals and they are genuine people who know what's really happening. I even work in a company which has a Govt stake in it. Even there, all my seniors and colleagues welcome me and treat me as their own.

I've been to around 10 states and stayed for a period of atleast 2 years at each place and I've met my fair share of narrow minded people everywhere. I know and respect the culture and the language where ever I go. That is the way it has to be.

What I can't understand is the fact that no one I know or have read of, has tried to destroy the local culture in any way here in Maharashtra. If someone tried to disrupt the Ganesh Puja, hang him I say. But if someone tries to give a Railway Exam, please don't beat him up.

I'm sure some *narrow-minded* people will scoff when they read this, but this is the only bone of contention I got. I don't mind Marathi movies or the Stock Exchange website in Marathi or anything else for that matter. This is Maharashtra after all and its the same everywhere.

Unnecessary violence is like breeding a snake which will eventually rear its ugly head and bite your face off.

One of the things that pisses me off greatly in this country is we have this right 'to feel offended'.

Totally agree. I swear if this was not there, our country would have been somewhere near China by now.

amol_cool said:
Well I won't say I don't do that after reading such posts but that still shouldn't make that big difference IMO. Just like we know that such people exists in our society, so they will at this forum too.

I would say why not use this as an opportunity to understand the minds of the people and then understand the exact problem. Running away from a problem is the worst thing. (We all know this but we all do it at times!)

Amol, its not running away from the problem but rather ignoring all the ignorant jerks who think that their own insecurities should be projected as a regional/cultural issue and glorified, sensationalized so that they can have their 15 mins of fame.

Do you really believe that a U.P. chap getting a job in Mumbai instead of a Maharashtrian is an issue?

Don't you think that the reverse of this might also be happening in U.P.? With all the talk of globalization, I cannot even imagine what these kind of insecure folks would do outside their state, forget the country..

All said and done, anyone and everyone who wants to continue breaking offices and beating up people with the excuse of protecting their culture may continue doing so. But, please be aware of the fact that when this bubble bursts, you guys are going to be the first ones to get wet..

This is my last post in this thread and like blr_p so wisely suggested, "its not like the thread title isn't self-explanatory.", I'm going to follow his advice and keep my inquisitive, nosy self away from these threads. It has opinionated me about some members already and I wouldn't like that to happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back