Shiv Sena Attacks IBN Offices in Mumbai, Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sei said:
Amol, its not running away from the problem but rather ignoring all the ignorant jerks who think that their own insecurities should be projected as a regional/cultural issue and glorified, sensationalized so that they can have their 15 mins of fame.

Do you really believe that a U.P. chap getting a job in Mumbai instead of a Maharashtrian is an issue?

I understand your problem buddy but what I am saying is we must accept that such ignorant people also are a part of our society. Only after that we will understand what exactly needs to be done to avoid such things in future.

Regarding being an issue, I don't have a problem at all to whoever comes to my state/city. I welcome them all with open hands. The only issue I have is - why can't some people think so like me!

^^

LOL, okay, I won't go THAT far :p its not worse than Zimbabwe or anything even close :p

But anyway, this is pathetic, the state of affairs shows how crumbled our political system is. How one can take such a stand in a secular country and get away with it, over and over again. There can be no social progress in the country until such termites are totally removed.

Sei said:
I really feel that this whole thing has been given so much attention lately, it is really bugging..
Its interesting you mention that, i suppose you mean all the media is talking about it endlessly.

What happened was an attack on local media tho the correct way to interperet it is as an attack on ALL media. What this action does is it builds on the dangers journalists face and directs it at their workplace, a much bigger target. The actions of just one journalist can have not only personal consequences but ALSO for the company she works for :(

The reason i'm told is because what Wagale said. If some one could provide a transcript of what was said may be we could understand better. But i still think regardless, silencing dissent in this manner is very serious. BT has the freedom to express the way he feels, but does not think others can do the same. The ppl that support this action are actually making themselves poorer in the long run. They support that their rights can be robbed from them.

Everybody likes to bash [pun intended] the media, there are times they well & truly deserve it. All they seek to do is grab attention for what appears to be trivial a lot of the time. But i would say, even this kind of media is better than one that is afraid to say what it wants to. Activism of this sort is the MAIN reason we rank quite low in press freedoms among the world. We are quite close to countries with govts that actively interfere in the media but the ironic thing is our govt does not do that. Its mostly interested parties and their supporters.

This does not mean the perps get away scot free, there were arrests but these are just pawns. What credible penalty is there to stop this happening again. WHO compensates IBN for this stunt ?

I was told even if BT gets pulled up, he still wins because of the 'persecuted victim' or martyr perception. He becomes a hero. This means that this action is WIN-WIN for BT. Its an audacious move, because if he can win against a bigger target, ie the media, it shows he is stronger than his opponents :)
Sei said:
Unnecessary violence is like breeding a snake which will eventually rear its ugly head and bite your face off.
On its own it happens everywhere very often. The dangerous bit is when it builds up momentum and when successive actions can be chained together without adequate opposition.

But to the instigators its not unecessary its just one of many tactics and every time it happens all the players make their own calculations, do they oppose or support. The cunning old man has to get back his glory one way or the other. I think he is the sole winner of this action and the ppl & his opponents are the loser (in this particular round).

If you want to keep your sanity it helps to look at these actions as just one of many matches in a 5 yr long game. One in which livelihoods, life itself & the future are played out, these are HUGE stakes. These actions are far from random they are all very carefully thought out & orchestrated for expected gains because the life of the party depends on them. If you can control the emotional response each time these actions take place then you see the gameplan better.

Stuge said:
MNS means Make Non sense or mAkE NO sense , and they are crap on this earth like every terrorist organization .These people should be beaten to death for the acts they have done .Forget to take on international terrorists, who are planning to attack on us ,if we are not able to handle terrorists like MNS .

Whatever u say buddy ...

U r just calling MNS terrorist because they play regionalism politics ?? Coz u think they r dividing the nation ??

Lets talk about some bigger parties.

BJP - Playing religious politics .. see Varun Gandhi, LK Advani, Narendra Modi.

Congress - Only minority appeasement, behave as if Hindus and non-OBC/SC/ST/NT dont exist in this country ...

CPI(M) - Open supporters of China

RJD/SP/BSP - Completely into casteist politics

Are they not dividing the nation ?? What makes u so biased against MNS ?? I know its no use explaining this to you, but there are many other matured members in this forum who will take the right meaning out of my post.

PS: I do not support the violence by MNS, but I support all their issues.

^^sab chor hai...koi daku hai koi chindi chor hai :|

(Translate : all are crooks some big some small)

X-Rebel said:
Whatever u say buddy ...

U r just calling MNS terrorist because they play regionalism politics ?? Coz u think they r dividing the nation ??

Lets talk about some bigger parties.

BJP - Playing religious politics .. see Varun Gandhi, LK Advani, Narendra Modi.

Congress - Only minority appeasement, behave as if Hindus and non-OBC/SC/ST/NT dont exist in this country ...

CPI(M) - Open supporters of China

RJD/SP/BSP - Completely into casteist politics

PS: I do not support the violence by MNS, but I support all their issues.

At least they are not beating peoples on name of their region of birth or place of work or language they speak.

Yes every one sucks hard earned money of public we are more than happy even if MNS wants to do the same. But beating people, students, journalists lets stop this.

If MNS continues this I don't think they can ever be a National Party.

I dont care abt SS, but MNS never intends to be a national party, and if it ever wants, it cant be for sure. And the reason it cant be is we are not sending out lakhs of our people to other states to create vote banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back