Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
asingh said:
^^

Even if like ICC world, those questions are pertinent. :)

OK, i was thinking.. they are just C&F! like i buy an item and give delivery address as sns address(virtual?) with my id given as reference in the address. And they will forward it to my actual address registered with them. Usual custom charges as per the rules and shipping charges as like first 500 gms (they have some fixed...?) and then next 500 gms. So all that was fixed and no separate quote was required, also they dont list any item like iccworld does. May be i'm wrong :)

@mods He is a registered dealer

what is he selling ?

@shopnshipindia

some queries

1. If some package comes to you for me from US to India

Lets say a watch either from amazon or ebay.com

can you mark it as Gift ?

2. when you guys pay duty on my behalf why dont you call to inform/check about the same ?

I am a paid subscriber of your services

The reason i am asking is you paid duty of 800 INR on a product of 600 INR

when i had valid legal bill of 800 INR from amazon

and officially duty was 26 %

3. Do you intend to give services like ICC worldwide of buying on our behalf and getting it to India

4. When you show shipping charges why dont you write the complete amount

Whats the use of leaving taxes

when the local courier guys come i have to fight it out that amount is less

and finally your rep say Sir we have not added taxes in it the courier guy is correct

5. Whats this extra 100 INR being charged by courier guys as handling charges

I pay you then i have to pay again to the courier guy who gets it

He gets a proper bill of this 100 INR but what is it and why ?

I would like to commend you on your services

they are very fast

Once a package reaches you generally have got all my packages in 4-5 days

Your services are good with a even better customer care

hi Anuradha,

welcome to TE !!

I see there is a flutter of queries here, id suggest you reply to each query and start a FAQ thread here so most common questions are taken care of there.

Another suggestion would be to put up a chart or percentage list of sorts showing the customs % for that type of product.

and again as usual, keep up the good work.

~Cletus

HI ..more than happy to answer your query :) this fairly new for us too. But still we do ship from China. the restrictions are: shipment should be less than 27 kgs and the value should be less than 600 USD. and in case it is some kind of dangerous goods.. like even batteries that come along with mobile phones , the batteries will need a Dangerous goods management report. So we would advise before buying anything thing from China, please e mail us the product and then we shall advise how you can go about it. and custom clearance will not be a problem as they would not be item with a value of more than 600 USD, they only thing is the assessment will be on the fair/market value. I.e is the corresponding market price for the same item in India you can e mail us : india@shopandship.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sure!! Please feel free to ask all your queries or you can also e mail us your queries at india@shopandship.com. We will ensure transperance !!

Thanks Arup!!

Hey!! Thanks!! will surely start a couple of FAQ threads soon!

Hey sure.. We shall rather start a FAQ thread for the custom duty.. and we can have all the queries resolved there.:). if that would be fine! or you can also e mail us at india@shopandship.com and we shall send you all details you want too.The shipping charges are standard.
10 USd for the 1st 500 gms and 8 usd for every subsequent 500 gms + 10.3% service tax.

Hi!! you are almost right there!! :)
We at shop&ship provide an exclusive service wherein local shipping addresses in the United States and the UK are provided. These addresses are not P.O.Boxes but huge facilities/warehouses dedicated to Shop&Ship. When you shop from the websites in US/UK , you need to give this address as the delivery address, making it a domestic shipping for your supplier in the US/UK. We then pick the products from this address and deliver them at your door in India. SHOP&SHIP ensures a hassle free, fast and reliable access to both the American and European websites, making your shopping experience truly delightful and very simple. It is a service that quickly and efficiently delivers online shopping to you. This includes all the latest gadgets like iPhones and iPad, as well as books & magazines, apparel, shoes, all kind of electronics, Accessories, and many more.

shopnshipindia said:
HI ..more than happy to answer your query :) this fairly new for us too. But still we do ship from China. the restrictions are: shipment should be less than 27 kgs and the value should be less than 600 USD. and in case it is some kind of dangerous goods.. like even batteries that come along with mobile phones , the batteries will need a Dangerous goods management report. So we would advise before buying anything thing from China, please e mail us the product and then we shall advise how you can go about it. and custom clearance will not be a problem as they would not be item with a value of more than 600 USD, they only thing is the assessment will be on the fair/market value. I.e is the corresponding market price for the same item in India you can e mail us : india@shopandship.com

Sure!! Please feel free to ask all your queries or you can also e mail us your queries at india@shopandship.com. We will ensure transperance !!

Thanks Arup!!

Hey!! Thanks!! will surely start a couple of FAQ threads soon!

Hey sure.. We shall rather start a FAQ thread for the custom duty.. and we can have all the queries resolved there.:). if that would be fine! or you can also e mail us at india@shopandship.com and we shall send you all details you want too.The shipping charges are standard.

10 USd for the 1st 500 gms and 8 usd for every subsequent 500 gms + 10.3% service tax.

Hi!! you are almost right there!! :)

We at shop&ship provide an exclusive service wherein local shipping addresses in the United States and the UK are provided. These addresses are not P.O.Boxes but huge facilities/warehouses dedicated to Shop&Ship. When you shop from the websites in US/UK , you need to give this address as the delivery address, making it a domestic shipping for your supplier in the US/UK. We then pick the products from this address and deliver them at your door in India. SHOP&SHIP ensures a hassle free, fast and reliable access to both the American and European websites, making your shopping experience truly delightful and very simple. It is a service that quickly and efficiently delivers online shopping to you. This includes all the latest gadgets like iPhones and iPad, as well as books & magazines, apparel, shoes, all kind of electronics, Accessories, and many more.
You might want to use "Reply With Quote" button:p

Hello!!
Firstly thanks for using our service and trusting us with your packages!
1)Yes we can mark it as a gift and we proactive do that too. However we cannot promise a duty free clearance though, we surely try to clear these duty free
2)please send us the tracing number and we shall give you all the clarifications for tehj same.We would not be able to inform you before paying the duty from our side on your behalf because, clearance also happen during the night, and if not cleared, it would be delayed. and we get thousands of shipments everyday :) and any item that has entered India, has to go through the clearance process ,and has to clear the custom duty gateway (with/without duty) and if not it will have to destroy the shipment .
3)Unfortunatel we have a different business model and we would not be providing the same, as we would not restricts the SnS members to buy only from a set of websites and products
4) We are inter\grating the service tax too now. :) will be done soon.
Since the taxes are different in different countries,and
this is to do with global operations on the website and modification / customization takes time:)
5)It is the handling charge/broker charge, this is to do with the custom clearance.

Thanks a ton for your appreciation!! this will only get better with all your support and suggestion!!
Please feel free to ask all your queries!!:)

Hey! sure you can . please send us the link for the product, we shall confirm with our China office to be doubly sure!

he-he :D , I mailed them that facebook and twitter is fine.... but we need more human support.

nice to see that karan and anuradha listen to their customers.

good luck

:)

Thank you!!!

:) Sure!! all for our dear SnS family members!!

Hi!
1) you can e amil us. india@shopandship.com
2)There is a list of prohibited /unacceptable items on the website
3)4 to 7 business days
4) as in , are you referring SnS to be listed on ebay? didnt understand the exact query
5) cash on delivery/ can pay only the shipping charge online.
6)We do not provide an insurance cover , and our liability is limited to 100 USD or product value whichever is lower

Happy to help!!
you can also e mail us india@shopandship.com

Thank you!! well the subscription is at flat 5 USD for all of you specially ... instead of 35 USd!! Use the code ind4198627 :)

but what are you guys selling ?

you are registered Dealer here

and are you Anuradha Iyer

just want to confirm

Ok, i have a question. Can i buy items from different websites and get them shipped to India as a bulk order? i.e. say i buy 1 item from Amazon, 1 from Ebay and 1 more from bestbuy. These items will reach your warehouse at different times. Can i have them shipped from your warehouse to India together or will they be shipped individually?

Hi Shonshipindia,

Welcome to TE. Though your customer care was already helpful, we now have a more direct contact. Many of us here are using your services and quite satisfied with it, but you may agree that there is always a chance of improvement.

May be because of large volumes of late I can see that it is now taking 1-2 days extra for our items to be cleared by customs. Though we still get our item in less than a week after it reaches your office, we are spoiled by the time frame experienced earlier.

I more thing I'd suggest where you can improve is handling of parcels when it is checked at your office. The items we import are vary from electronics, watches and some collectibles which may be fragile in nature. A proper handling will ensure the safe arrival of item.

Wishing you best luck and hoping for your good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back