Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
hi,
you are welcome :)
raul said:
Hi, I had a call from shopandship. The code was not working for the registration so they gave me a new code and that worked. Thanks for quotes I requested. I am going to be ordering the new nook shortly.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hi,
you have calculated correctly :) just a slight mistake.

The duty on mobile phones is 1.3% on customs assessed value that is approx 3.5 $ :) and shipping charges what you calculated were correct and service tax 10.3 %.
regards.
waatavr said:
hi anuradha, i am planning to order a mobile phone from ebay.com US,

i know shopnship rates, just want to confirm it.

My mobile phone purchase cost will be $200
package Weight 1 LB

so my shopnship bill should be> shipping+ custom+ duties

Shipping = $10
Custom (1.6%) =~ $4
Duty=~ $1

total shopnship bill should be around =~ $15

Hope i have calculated it correctly Pls confirm.

Thanks and Regards

mrcool63

Adept
Nov 4, 2007
could you tell me the customs for RAM in india? and is service tax payable on only final shipping cost?

chetansha

Skilled
Jun 30, 2007
Coimbatore
I think you should start offering some services for BULKIER & HEAVY items. Any options other than bringing them thru air ?

tech.addict

Skilled
Jun 19, 2005
Kolkata
I'm an old Shop N Ship customer. While their International service is great - their domestic service sucks especially their Kolkata office. It took 3 days to deliver a shipment after it has reached their Kolkata office to my home (hardly 6-7KM). That too after numerous calls and emails !! Many times I go to their office and collect the shipment personally to avoid frustration.

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
hi,
the duty on RAM in India is 14.71% and yes, the service tax is payable on final shipping cost that is 10.3%.
regards.
mrcool63 said:
could you tell me the customs for RAM in india? and is service tax payable on only final shipping cost?

hi,
apologies !!! we will ensure to improve on this and provide you a better service :).
regards.
archat68 said:
I'm an old Shop N Ship customer. While their International service is great - their domestic service sucks especially their Kolkata office. It took 3 days to deliver a shipment after it has reached their Kolkata office to my home (hardly 6-7KM). That too after numerous calls and emails !! Many times I go to their office and collect the shipment personally to avoid frustration.

hi,
Shop N Ship, ships the packages upto 70kgs and yes, we do provide different services for bulky and heavy items. For more querries contact us at contact us at india@shopandship.com.
regards.
chetansha said:
I think you should start offering some services for BULKIER & HEAVY items. Any options other than bringing them thru air ?

Hi,
Anytime happy to help !!! :)
Regards
waatavr said:
hey anuradha madam , thankyou :)

prajith

Disciple
May 3, 2008
Hi,

First of you, you are doing a good job. Thank you.

I am a avid shopper with ShopnShip, but I have a few suggestions or rather questions.

1. Is it possible for you to club different packages and send as one shipment?

2. Is it possible that you hold the package with you and ship only once the customer gives a go ahead? You can send a notification that a package has been received but don't forward the package until the customer gives the go ahead on the shopnship website.

3. Display the package weight prominently next to the shipment number of the packages received.

4. If you can implement the above 3 points then, the customers can club different orders together and then choose to forward.

This will allow us to save shipment costs and make the service more predictable.

there have been two shipments of mine where the weight was ~ 60gms above the limit and I have to pay ~400 for that :(

This is one of the reasons why I am holding back from purchasing many things. I cannot predict how much weight would a shipment be.

So if possible do implement these features, would just make you more popular.

also I think i am being overcharged for one of the shipments, sent a pm about it kindly check.

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
hi,

Welcome and thanks for the sppreciation.:)

1)we do not have the policy of consolidating the shipments.:(
2)we understand your point. but we do not hold the shipment for longer periods.
3)we will look upon this and try to make it convenient for you :)

hope, your query of being overcharged has been clarified through PM.

regards.
prajith said:
Hi,

First of you, you are doing a good job. Thank you.
I am a avid shopper with ShopnShip, but I have a few suggestions or rather questions.
1. Is it possible for you to club different packages and send as one shipment?
2. Is it possible that you hold the package with you and ship only once the customer gives a go ahead? You can send a notification that a package has been received but don't forward the package until the customer gives the go ahead on the shopnship website.
3. Display the package weight prominently next to the shipment number of the packages received.
4. If you can implement the above 3 points then, the customers can club different orders together and then choose to forward.

This will allow us to save shipment costs and make the service more predictable.
there have been two shipments of mine where the weight was ~ 60gms above the limit and I have to pay ~400 for that :(
This is one of the reasons why I am holding back from purchasing many things. I cannot predict how much weight would a shipment be.
So if possible do implement these features, would just make you more popular.

also I think i am being overcharged for one of the shipments, sent a pm about it kindly check.

waatavr

Disciple
May 13, 2011
Hi Anuradha,
thanks for the PM reply.
just want to ask you that how much time (approx) you guys take at your warehouse USA; between arriving a shipment/delivery of a package and entering the tracking and other info on your systems.. so that here we can see the info etc.

i am saying this as say.... you have received a package at you USA warehouse at 10:00 am , so the details for it will be punched on servers by 11:00 am for us to see here or it happens immediately or any other info you want to give us.

and does it works 24/7 as other postal things in US normally do..

prajith

Disciple
May 3, 2008
thanks for the reply in the PM, the query is solved thank you.

shopnshipindia said:
hi,

Welcome and thanks for the sppreciation.:)

1)we do not have the policy of consolidating the shipments.:(

2)we understand your point. but we do not hold the shipment for longer periods.

3)we will look upon this and try to make it convenient for you :)

hope, your query of being overcharged has been clarified through PM.

regards.

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
hi,
welcome !!
As the shipment arrives in u.s.a in our office it gets updated with in 24hrs by the origin.
regards.
waatavr said:
Hi Anuradha,
thanks for the PM reply.
just want to ask you that how much time (approx) you guys take at your warehouse USA; between arriving a shipment/delivery of a package and entering the tracking and other info on your systems.. so that here we can see the info etc.

i am saying this as say.... you have received a package at you USA warehouse at 10:00 am , so the details for it will be punched on servers by 11:00 am for us to see here or it happens immediately or any other info you want to give us.

and does it works 24/7 as other postal things in US normally do..

waatavr

Disciple
May 13, 2011
and do you guys accept deliveries at your US warehouse 24/7 or some opening or closing timings..i am asking this as i have lot of plans.. :), though some direct phone no.s of your US warehouse would be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.