Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had lost approx 8k after the refund they are giving me (but really don't know when will i get the 100$ refund), Im pretty sure they must have got the whole money outta that lost shipment coz as per some one from internal (aramex) all the shipments are insured and in this case they had filed a FIR against the Airlines thru which this consignment was coming in and they are gonna claim that money from that Airline and keep the rest after the peanuts (100$) to their customer's.

Some one not sure i think smnrock said couple of pages back that this could be possible that this was done intentionally so that people will start opting for the new protection service, I really think that's TRUE.

It seems its time to stop using sns. good 'ol days are over. Time to move on. Too much trouble with customs charges. All i get to hear is that it will be adjusted in the next package and the story goes on.

May be he can provide u some help.
He also had the same Issue like you
http://www.techenclave.com/users/rdst_1-25986/

hmmm, Ill check with him.

It seems its time to stop using sns. good 'ol days are over. Time to move on. Too much trouble with customs charges. All i get to hear is that it will be adjusted in the next package and the story goes on.

Yeah that's true but be sure u are not gonna get anything refunded from these guys if once paid.

Let us summarize the Current scene at SnS:

1. Even if you send the invoice to them in time, they will never present it to customs. All we can do is give you hollow promises that your excess customs will be adjusted in next shipment, but forget it you'll never get it back.
2. The great SnS USA guys will mark absurd values on shipments, like $100 for iPhone5 or $800 for Infuse. And high value will be cleared without difficulty and low value will be always re-assessed at customs. The invoice sent by you not worth the bandwidth consumed in sending it. If you want peace of mind, then accept the customs duty as it is.

3. If you want even a little protection for your shipment, opt for "Protection Service" otherwise we are free to do whatever we want with your shipments.

4. While charging you for the protection service, the value of shipment will be as decided by us (mostly high value), While settling the claim we'll take the actual invoice value or value marked by us whichever is lower.

5. Do not expect us to listen and act on your feedback or suggestions as all the decision are Global decision and we have no say in that.

The worst part of SNS is over pricing on customs or shipping . Thats ok if they solve it asap after coming in front , they act like GF , they just dont take a decision so that we can move on , for that they take 2 months of our time and frustration to solve :|
Why dont they hire a person for solving these issues ?

I would also stop using SNS later on as there is unpredictability about the customs which is a big issue for me as i like to know before hand what i would be paying rather than getting some surprises. Even if some other service is bit costlier i would opt that provided i know what i am supposed to pay for the product.

@shopnshipindia
I am sure you are reading this but not really looking to resolve any of these issues.

Hi
Please let us know the shipment number.Will surely assist you with the adjustments
QUOTE=itzmydamnlyf;1744278]It seems its time to stop using sns. good 'ol days are over. Time to move on. Too much trouble with customs charges. All i get to hear is that it will be adjusted in the next package and the story goes on.[/QUOTE]

Hi
Please let us know the shipment number.Will surely assist you with the adjustments
QUOTE=itzmydamnlyf;1744278]It seems its time to stop using sns. good 'ol days are over. Time to move on. Too much trouble with customs charges. All i get to hear is that it will be adjusted in the next package and the story goes on.
[/QUOTE]

What about my refund ?

Hello
Some corrections
1)if you have sent us the invoice and it has not been submitted to the customs by aramex, we will refund the excess charge to you. Please not: if the customs consider a market price even after we submitting the invoices, we would not be able to adjust the same
2) we always advise , you ask the suppliers to put this incoice inside the boxQ
3) The protection service are to your benefit at a minimal charge
4)not sure where you got this information from. PLease read the FAQs. Shop and Ship :: Protection Service FAQs
5) Not sure , why would anyone say this as we are always at your help.

UOTE=bigbyte;1744298]Let us summarize the Current scene at SnS:

1. Even if you send the invoice to them in time, they will never present it to customs. All we can do is give you hollow promises that your excess customs will be adjusted in next shipment, but forget it you'll never get it back.
2. The great SnS USA guys will mark absurd values on shipments, like $100 for iPhone5 or $800 for Infuse. And high value will be cleared without difficulty and low value will be always re-assessed at customs. The invoice sent by you not worth the bandwidth consumed in sending it. If you want peace of mind, then accept the customs duty as it is.

3. If you want even a little protection for your shipment, opt for "Protection Service" otherwise we are free to do whatever we want with your shipments.

4. While charging you for the protection service, the value of shipment will be as decided by us (mostly high value), While settling the claim we'll take the actual invoice value or value marked by us whichever is lower.

5. Do not expect us to listen and act on your feedback or suggestions as all the decision are Global decision and we have no say in that.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

The 100 USd cheque has been discpatched

What about my refund ?[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hello
The customs is not specific to aramex ot any carrier. it is common for all.[
Please do let us know the AWB in question. will surely look into it
QUOTE=raksrules;1744330]I would also stop using SNS later on as there is unpredictability about the customs which is a big issue for me as i like to know before hand what i would be paying rather than getting some surprises. Even if some other service is bit costlier i would opt that provided i know what i am supposed to pay for the product.

@shopnshipindia
I am sure you are reading this but not really looking to resolve any of these issues.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
Please advise which is the shipment you are referring to for which you are following up for 2 months
We will have it sorted[
QUOTE=veer_singh;1744325]The worst part of SNS is over pricing on customs or shipping . Thats ok if they solve it asap after coming in front , they act like GF , they just dont take a decision so that we can move on , for that they take 2 months of our time and frustration to solve :|
Why dont they hire a person for solving these issues ?[/QUOTE]

@shopnshipindia
Before you were providing refund if the product was missing , why now this insurance stuff ?
I heard many people got refund when the phones were missing in the parcel , or parcel is completely lost .

Why now insurance ? You said its your responsibility to deliver the items when we joined the SNS years back ........

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as customs duty is concerned, I can assure you SNS/DHL/FedEx/UPS/USPS guys do not control the mind of the customs officer, if the officer is a dork, he'll charge 8k on a broken Nokia 1100, SNS showing the invoice won't help, simply because he's a dork! (I've experienced this myself, the chap charged customs on the postage as well, the postage cost was 50$, which technically should have been exempted from the duty, he didn't even bother seeing the invoices or payment receipt, yep that's how Indian Government babus are!)

As far as insurance is concerned, its a general practice to charge additional for insurance, in case the parcel is lost, the receiver is reimbursed, better to opt for insurance rather than weep in the corner and blame SNS about the lost parcel, remember once the SNS guys load the stuff in the plane and till it is taken out at the landing airport, a lot can happen, for which poor courier company is blamed (its not true always, but there are cases).

(I've experienced this myself, the chap charged customs on the postage as well, the postage cost was 50$, which technically should have been exempted from the duty,

Just a clarification customs duty is charged on CIF value which means value including Cost, Insurance and Freight. So it appears that the above guy was correct in this case. And yes Customs is free to assess the value of any imported item based on its fair market value. Because a lot of importers (big ones too) purposefully undervalue the invoice to save on duty. This is a very common case.

@shopandshipindia

Well there is no use of arguing since I can give you a list of at least , and i am not exaggerating, at least 20 shipments where you have not presented the invoice to customs despite sending it in time. All reminders are of no help. It is just not worth the time and effort.

It is not very difficult to mitigate most of the issues we are currently facing. Only some determination from your side is required. For example, I have observed the for 90% of shipments from USA are forwarded via Dubai and the Customs bill of Entry is also prepared in Dubai.
You can give the SnS members an option to upload the invoice and mention the value of each shipment, as soon as it comes in to his account. The shipment normally takes two days to arrive to Dubai so there is a reasonable time before the BOE is prepared.
At Dubai, the BOE can be prepared as per the customer provided invoice value automatically since the data is already in the system. In the absence of the invoice provided by customer, value as marked by SnS USA can be considered as being done at present.
This will help both in customs clearance and also for determining the charges for Insurance. Also manual entry is eliminated .

Please note the we have admired your service in the past and we don't want it to go downhill as it will affect us as well. Take our criticism in a positive way and we'll come up with suggestions that may help you improve your services. I am sure many members may agree with my above suggestion and in fact they can better it.

@bigbyte : thumb up !

- - - Updated - - -

As far as insurance is concerned, its a general practice to charge additional for insurance, in case the parcel is lost, the receiver is reimbursed, better to opt for insurance rather than weep in the corner and blame SNS about the lost parcel, remember once the SNS guys load the stuff in the plane and till it is taken out at the landing airport, a lot can happen, for which poor courier company is blamed (its not true always, but there are cases).

My only thought is why this insurance thingy after 2years ?
While joining they told us 10$ and service tax is for first 1lbs which includes delivery responsibility within India .
2nd we are paying them courier charges to take care of our products not because its poor courier company .
When its business both and profit and loss exists . But this SNS is covering the loss by playing tricks with customers .

SNS was awsum before , but its not anymore .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a mail "Shop and Ship Super Discounts"

save 10% on shipping and thats 60bucks for only LG Nexus 4, hurry to save your 60bucks :lol:[h=1]
[/h]

Email i received from SNS

Hello SnSers..
Grab the Super discounts NOW! Buy the amazing iPad Mini , ship it to India via shop and ship get a flat 30% off on your shipping charges

How i read it..
Hello Dumb Customers
Grab the Super discounts NOW! Buy the amazing iPad Mini , ship it to India via shop and ship get a flat 30% off on your shipping charges and never receive it as our entire shipment is going to be lost mid-air and all you will get is paltry 100$ for your beloved iPad Mini.
Please give us a chance to screw you again all over.
Thanks for using our service (read: wasting your money).

Update- So at last they had agreed to refund the invoice value for the lost shipment for both me and josejeya26, I had already received the cheque for Rs.5300 and i think the balance of approx 7.5k will be refunded by next week.
josejeya26 I hope u have got the confirmation from Anuradha ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back