CPU/Mobo should i buy i5 2500?

also last question-what psu should i buy?i already have intex 450w bought 2 months back will that suffice for these?

No that will be a flop Sire, biggest mistake having a spanking new build housed inside a cheap local 'dabba' as well as powered by a local PSU.

Better invest in the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/- OR Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 ~6000/-. It will be sufficient for your needs as well as will provide future upgrade cover.

<
<

itne mehnge smps.

but ok i'll buy a good one.will 520w be good enough?also is there any good place online where i can get good psu for price around market.dont wanna go to nehru place again and again!!!!!

also should cabinet also be changed?i have odyssey cabinet for the last 3yrs.

sad.gif
sad.gif

itne mehnge smps.

but ok i'll buy a good one.will 520w be good enough?also is there any good place online where i can get good psu for price around market.dont wanna go to nehru place again and again!!!!!

also should cabinet also be changed?i have odyssey cabinet for the last 3yrs.

I know man, even I get the heebi-jeebies when I think I will have to overhaul my SMPS for a graphics card update.

Also for the cabinet, go for the Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-, for the SMPS online flipkart is an option OR you can contact #[member='chiragsthakur'].

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

guys help me plz in getting a good smps too.i can buy psu upto 5000 considering its a one time buy.so which should i buy.some i selected are-seasonic s12ii 620w with 5y warranty(rs 5000)corsair gs600 with 3y warranty(rs 3800) or hx650 with 7y warranty(rs5500).

also is combining 7850 with i3 really a bad idea?

guys help me plz in getting a good smps too.i can buy psu upto 5000 considering its a one time buy.so which should i buy.some i selected are-seasonic s12ii 620w with 5y warranty(rs 5000)corsair gs600 with 3y warranty(rs 3800) or hx650 with 7y warranty(rs5500).

also is combining 7850 with i3 really a bad idea?

Go for the Corsair HX650W if you are getting it, where are you getting it in Delhi I am tempted to buy one too. If you cannot buy it go for the Seasonic S12II 620W.

No it is not a bad idea, but as time goes the Core i3 will be a bottle-neck to the HD 7850 also over-clocking the graphics card will not yield tangible benefits which might be exploited by the Core i5 quad-cores.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheers!!

i am getting the prices from different places.seasonic from flipkart;gs600 from smc intnl;hx650 from another member.

efficiency wise seasonic is listed as 87% but hx650 has around 80%.so what is the added advantage of hx650 over seasonic 620w?

efficiency wise seasonic is listed as 87% but hx650 has around 80%.so what is the added advantage of hx650 over seasonic 620w?

Okay the prime two reasons the Corsair SMPS has over the Seasonic unit are --
  • It is modular, so will immensely aiding in the cable management in small cabinets [like the eLite 311].
  • Also due to modularity feature in the HX650 power connectors you are not using can be removed and kept aside, something which non-modular SMPS do not offer.
  • Corsair after sales system is much better developed in India than the Seasonic counterpart.

Hope this answers your query. Also between the Seasonic S12II 620W and the Corsair GS600, I recommend that you go for the Seasonic unit. Cheerio!!

okay.so service wise corsiar is better but quality wise seasonic is better rite?

so my preference order should be -

hx650>seasonic620>gs600 rite?

okay.so service wise corsiar is better but quality wise seasonic is better rite?

so my preference order should be -

hx650>seasonic620>gs600 rite?

No Corsair and Seasonic designs are very close, infact the earlier Corsair SMPS's were Seasonic OEM SMPS's re-badged as Corsair products eventually Corsair diversified and now stocks a mix of external OEM designs and in-house R & D design.

I would rate the Corsair HX650W and Seasonic S12II 620W almost at par, whilst the Corsair GS is a pretty distant runner-up to the two.

Hope this helped, Cheers!!

By the way how much warranty are you getting on the Corsair HX650W unit?

sorry no link for hx650w.i just asked another member whom i know on another forum.

for seasonic i can give you the link-

flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-620-620-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz46hjzzrax?pid=PSUD5XZ4GCGRASAY&_l=NpsIyfyZps2KnFCemx+5Sg--&_r=cMsQ7TE_kB0A9f6Q2NLlaQ--&ref=698e0a4b-454a-4b48-8135-2862dd90070d

sorry no link for hx650w.i just asked another member whom i know on another forum.

for seasonic i can give you the link-

Is the Corsair HX650W a second hand piece? Then how will you avail the full 7 year warranty.

I know that flipkart.com sells everything these days. They might as well start selling diaper's and under-garments at atrocious rates to complete their absolute hegemony of the Indian online shopping boom.

about hx650w-i'll have to confirm every detail.

about flipkart-lol.but they really have developed a good system but prices are generally 5% more than market except for few items.try nehru place i am sure you'll get less than that.

new query-is corsair vengeance good ram to buy?or kingston?

about hx650w-i'll have to confirm every detail.

new query-is corsair vengeance good ram to buy?or kingston?

Yes please do so, will be bad to know that you get ripped of. By the way, which other forum are you referring too?

Nada, instead of Corsair Vengeance and Kingston HyperX OR what-ever I recommend that you go for the G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 modules. The reason for the same are --
  • Lower height heat-spreaders, vis-a-vis the other offerings. This offers better clearance for third-party coolers and in general looks neater and doesn't obstruct the upper reaches and DIMM surroundings.
  • The heat-spreaders are made of metal in case of the G.Skill RIPJAWS, someone on the forum said that the Vengeance is made out of plastic, but I highly doubt that. I am not aware of the Kingston RAM.
  • Next the G.Skill modules' performance is at par with the other offerings.
  • If you want to avail Corsair's brilliant after sales service, go for the Corsair XMS3 modules.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

and what are the estimated prices for ripjaws;vengeance;xms3?also xms 3 is better than vengeance??

idk why the other forum name is hidden by **??anyways its e*ov

for 5500 rs i would suggest you to get this

http://hardwire.in/p...tx650-w-v2.html

Seriously Sire, have a look at the Corsair HX650W, if OP is getting it on [E] forums for ~5500/- even with just a five year cover I think it is a better model because of its modular cables.

The TX V2 650W is a good product no doubt, but seriously lacks the functionality of a modularized cabling system, which will count a lot in the cramped environs of the Cooler Master eLite 311.

and what are the estimated prices for ripjaws;vengeance;xms3?also xms 3 is better than vengeance??

idk why the other forum name is hidden by **??anyways its e*ov

The estimated pricing for the individual RAM modules per 4GB stick are --
  • G.Skill RIPJAWS / RIPJAWS X 1600MHz ~1700/-
  • Corsair XMS3 1600MHz ~1600/-
  • Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz ~1800/-

No the Corsair XMS3 are said to be inferior in the quality of RAM chips used, the RIPJAWS and the Vengeance modules are said to be better overall. But as you are not going to over-clock anyhow, I think your purpose will be served just fine with a G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair XMS3 [also I firmly believe that the Corsair after sales is better].

Apart from that I am not aware why ****** gets censored every-time OR why we cannot hyper-link it [apparently using bit-ly we can hyper-link it]. Ask the MODs discretely as I think there is quite a rivalry here.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheers!!

Back