OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

It is possible :p Just need to be a bit innovative, main problem I see is some really thick wires :lol:

Try routing those front panel wires to the other side of the hdd cage along the bottom of the mobo, will look neater.

Whats with the wierd bends for the SATA cables ? :p Maybe you can try moving the HDD on top below and hiding the wires on the other side as well.

The mess of the SATA cables is mostly because of my GPU which is too big for my cabinet. Also the SATA cables are very long so rather than letting them be I tried to improvise by having them take a loop inside the HDD bays so as to have minimum visibility. :ashamed:

Yeah the front panel wires could have been on the other side of the HDD cage, will do that. Should I move the HDD to its previous position (i.e As in the 'before' pic) or a slot below that?

Yeah was asking about the sata cable for the hdd on top, the bend looks a bit sharp, might be better to have it below like it was previously

You can try moving the sata cable for the hdd below , under the drive , will be even less visible

The reason why I changed the position of that HDD was because previously it was in direct contact with my GPU, I thought maybe by changing the position it would be better for the temps of the Hard drive.

Will do the required changes, any other things I could try?

Meph, move the optical drive to one slot below the present position and stack those unused cables there after properly tying them. And then tie those cables to the side of the cage.

As for the hard drives, either move them to the last 2 slots but spare a slot in between for the fresh inlet air to pass through. And hide those SATA cables behind the motherboard tray just as bottle did. You need not bend them and tie them.

I so love doing cable management inside the chassis and adore those which are neatly done. Just like bottle's. :D

Gannu said:
As for the hard drives, either move them to the last 2 slots but spare a slot in between for the fresh inlet air to pass through. And hide those SATA cables behind the motherboard tray just as bottle did. You need not bend them and tie them.

If I leave a slot between the two HDDs then my upper HDD will be in contact with my GPU, is that advisable?

Also, how do I hide it behind the motherboard tray? Wont there be drastic bends then? Bottle fortunately has smaller SATA cables which don't require anything to be done.

EDIT: If you were talking about the SATA cable coming from my optical drive, then yeah that could be done.

Gannu said:
And hide those SATA cables behind the motherboard tray just as bottle did. You need not bend them and tie them.
Those sata cables aren't hidden, they are short cables :lol: I am thinking of switching back to normal length cables since I was able to hide them better
@Meph,
Try keeping both the HDD's at the bottom slots and try, I think there will still be enough airflow around them to keep them cool rather than using the 3rd slot and having it close to the gpu.
@vnash,
cable management doesnt look too bad, any pic from a bit further back?

DSCN0730Custom.jpg

Back