Audio Signature Acoustics Elements C12 IEMs

Ordered one from your website, however my bank does not entertain any comments for transaction. Have sent you a PM with transaction details.

Excited to get hands on, especially the brass case.:p

SA C12 Initial impression

Got my C12 Received today, fast shipping, thanks to Pristine Note. Here my initial impression:

Packaging: 4/5 I never been fan of packaging, but I have to give it to Pristine Note for making it something special and easier. Opening the box, loved the way C12 is presented and earphone case is lovely and built like tank, but I don't think I'll ever keep in my pocket, it is novel factor but it is not a 'carrying case'. The outer box design is very simple, I would suggest Pristine Note to make it better if planning to keep it in retail racks. Standard rubber ear tips were provided along with filters, which I guess can be used in case of damage to filters or for changing sound signature? not sure.

Build Quality: 5/5 Top notch build quality, confidence inspiring cable, light weight but firm wooden casing, length of wire could be short for my taste. No cable noise.

Design: 4.5/5 Extremely light weight, simplistic design, easy to plug in and plug out, protruding design so not bed/sleep friendly.

Comfort: 5/5 Getting used to Shure IEMs gives me advantage of appreciating C12 very easily, the design is simplistic in nature and comfortable with stock ear tips.

Sound: I'm in the first hour of listening, so I have planned to give some time, the C12 product page recommends 30 hours of burn-in, which I'm planning to do every night. Very first impression of any ear phone should be difficult :) it is like talking about Sachin, you want to praise him on his achievements or bash him for his current form or some match winning equation. Listening with J3 is one of the confusing thing to undertake, with its BBE, Equalizer you can make any earphone sound better or worse. The perfect player for the job is Clip+, now I know why esanthosh is fan of Clip+. I'm not sure C12 is bass tuned, the product page talks about the Cu wire for impactful bass, having wooden case plus inclination towards bass catering to Audiophiles should be dream come true! Since there could be much bass bleed, If C12 achieves this it is incredible feat, only time should tell this. One thing to share is combining C12 with Clip+ and FiiO E11, opens C12 nicely.

My Gears: Clip+, J3, FiiO E11. Other earphones: Shure SE535, SE215, CX300, R1, S4i

Setup 1.jpgSetup 2.jpgC12.jpg

@santhoshr : Even i liked the build quality very much and found it miles ahead then other competitors in this price segment.

The first thing i noticed when i listen it through my nexus is the impact full bass itself.It is not as deep as R1 but has more mid bass which sounds more natural then the sub bass. Mids are better then R1 and again overall signature is tuned towards more natural and real sound you can say instead of being bass specific or treble specific.Now i am missing the only thing here which is treble and R1 has it in abundance, i am not saying that it is lamed or anything but not it's strong point either. Soundstage is above average.

Overall more balanced and natural sound.Details are there and can be appreciated even without proper burn-in.

PS : These are only initial impressions and i believe in burn-in so i believe C-12 are much more capable than this.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
@PristineNote: Got the C12 today (Kudos to Aramex for working on Sundays !). Unfortunately just one of the sides is working (i.e. sound comes only from one side). I tried with multiple songs and sources to be sure (laptop and 2 mobile phones). How should I proceed for a replacement ?
Also it would be cool if you can provide tips of different sizes (even budget IEMs like EP630 give 3 different sizes). The provided ones are a tad smaller for my ears.

Got the following error while trying to make the payment (after the 3D password screen). Will wait for a while before trying again.

^^Same here!Please fix it.

This could be an issue with the payment gateway . we are trying to sort the same hence the request to make NEFT transfers for placing an order for now :)

Waiting for review before making a decision, I'd love to give this one a try. ;)

You can rely on the feedback of some of the early birds posting their impressions here :). The early bird price will remain only for a limited time and by the time complete reviews are out the price would be back to the final retail price :).

Got it yesterday, sounds extremely good for the price even without the burn-in.. :)

Thank you :)

Ordered one from your website, however my bank does not entertain any comments for transaction. Have sent you a PM with transaction details.

Excited to get hands on, especially the brass case.:p

Please check your PM , we have received your payment - will be shipping it soon.

Got my C12 Received today, fast shipping, thanks to Pristine Note. Here my initial impression:

Packaging: 4/5 I never been fan of packaging, but I have to give it to Pristine Note for making it something special and easier. Opening the box, loved the way C12 is presented and earphone case is lovely and built like tank, but I don't think I'll ever keep in my pocket, it is novel factor but it is not a 'carrying case'. The outer box design is very simple, I would suggest Pristine Note to make it better if planning to keep it in retail racks. Standard rubber ear tips were provided along with filters, which I guess can be used in case of damage to filters or for changing sound signature? not sure.

Build Quality: 5/5 Top notch build quality, confidence inspiring cable, light weight but firm wooden casing, length of wire could be short for my taste. No cable noise.

Design: 4.5/5 Extremely light weight, simplistic design, easy to plug in and plug out, protruding design so not bed/sleep friendly.

Comfort: 5/5 Getting used to Shure IEMs gives me advantage of appreciating C12 very easily, the design is simplistic in nature and comfortable with stock ear tips.

Sound: I'm in the first hour of listening, so I have planned to give some time, the C12 product page recommends 30 hours of burn-in, which I'm planning to do every night. Very first impression of any ear phone should be difficult :) it is like talking about Sachin, you want to praise him on his achievements or bash him for his current form or some match winning equation. Listening with J3 is one of the confusing thing to undertake, with its BBE, Equalizer you can make any earphone sound better or worse. The perfect player for the job is Clip+, now I know why esanthosh is fan of Clip+. I'm not sure C12 is bass tuned, the product page talks about the Cu wire for impactful bass, having wooden case plus inclination towards bass catering to Audiophiles should be dream come true! Since there could be much bass bleed, If C12 achieves this it is incredible feat, only time should tell this. One thing to share is combining C12 with Clip+ and FiiO E11, opens C12 nicely.

My Gears: Clip+, J3, FiiO E11. Other earphones: Shure SE535, SE215, CX300, R1, S4i

View attachment 17375View attachment 17376View attachment 17377

Thank You Santhosh.

I got mine today , initial impressions are good and the brass case looks like an antique :)

santhoshr : Even i liked the build quality very much and found it miles ahead then other competitors in this price segment.

The first thing i noticed when i listen it through my nexus is the impact full bass itself.It is not as deep as R1 but has more mid bass which sounds more natural then the sub bass. Mids are better then R1 and again overall signature is tuned towards more natural and real sound you can say instead of being bass specific or treble specific.Now i am missing the only thing here which is treble and R1 has it in abundance, i am not saying that it is lamed or anything but not it's strong point either. Soundstage is above average.

Overall more balanced and natural sound.Details are there and can be appreciated even without proper burn-in.

PS : These are only initial impressions and i believe in burn-in so i believe C-12 are much more capable than this.:)

Thanks a lot Nalin :)

PristineNote: Got the C12 today (Kudos to Aramex for working on Sundays !). Unfortunately just one of the sides is working (i.e. sound comes only from one side). I tried with multiple songs and sources to be sure (laptop and 2 mobile phones). How should I proceed for a replacement ?
Also it would be cool if you can provide tips of different sizes (even budget IEMs like EP630 give 3 different sizes). The provided ones are a tad smaller for my ears.

Please check your PM. Will be sending you some extra tips along with the replacement . I believe you need much bigger tips than the Large one provided with packaging.

PristineNote Order number 779 placed...PM transfer confirmation to you...my bank doesnt allow to put comments while transferring money anymore.

Check PM :)

More Impression of C12

After 30 hrs burn-in, the earphone is fantastic when coupled with good audio source, I'm going to leave detailed audiophile explanations to experts, and my impressions are more like tips. Continuing from previous impression,

Isolation: 3/5 You would not hear a thing when song is playing, but does not filter outside noise completely, so you need to crank the volume high.

Drive ability: 3/5 these earphones easy to drive with any source, but I found they need more input volume than my other earphones.

Sound: 4.5/5 These earphones are very capable and they certainly surprised me, having good audio source which includes hq sound file like 320 kbps mp3 or other loss-less format and good DAP with support for Equalizer, you will surprised how good these sound, the design is understated for such big sound. Before the sound got settled, it was more like my CX300, bass bleeding everywhere, Vocals sounded tiny, instruments clouded without separation. After burn in, the sound improved vastly. Overall these earphones are very smooth sounding and quite forgiving, they are never harsh for any type of song I played. They have impactful bass, instrument separation got lot better through break-in, mids and treble sounded recessed but adequate enough. I found Brainwavz R1 comfy M tips fits these perfectly and it is super comfortable and I listened for hours, the comfy tips along with smooth sound C12 produce seems great combination for any time listening.

Attachments

• Comfy.jpg
    Comfy.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 206
I recieved them about a few days back. Thanks for the quick shipping. Really impressed with the C-12. The Brass Case is one kick ass world war 2 armor. Will try to put something about this product on my blog. Thank you so much.DSC03026.jpg

@PristineNote: The IEMs got delivered to your office on 2nd, but a replacement hasn't been shipped till now. Can you please look into it ? Tracking id is 801204781539 - Fedex.

Back