So what are you buying at midnight tonight?

Yes from FK only, I don't actually know when I bought this plus membership. Looks like my account was randomly selected by their algo or something as I am seeing my account associated with it since it was launched.

I am sure they have enough stocks for both 12 and 12 mini, only concern is that the base model in silver/white would be gone by then.

It is 64GB, I have shared the breakup in the attached screenshot.

I feel next year it may make sense to get the plus membership for FK if one wants to grab the iPhone deals.

A major point of concern for next year is the proposed e-commerce bill which will completely ban online flash sales and not allow the price to be significantly different from offline channels. If that bill passes in its current form, then we can all but say goodbye to such sales next year onwards, though I hope not.

I was all the time on the fence but placed an order for the 64 GB variant early on yesterday before I went to sleep when it cost 33.3k effectively without exchange (Axis ACE card with additional 2% cashback, though it would have been cheaper still if I had the Flipkart card). It was a "buy first, think later" purchase but I have finally convinced myself to keep it as it will now be delivered just a few hours later.

A major point of concern for next year is the proposed e-commerce bill which will completely ban online flash sales and not allow the price to be significantly different from offline channels. If that bill passes in its current form, then we can all but say goodbye to such sales next year onwards, though I hope not.

I was all the time on the fence but placed an order for the 64 GB variant early on yesterday before I went to sleep when it cost 33.3k effectively without exchange (Axis ACE card with additional 2% cashback, though it would have been cheaper still if I had the Flipkart card). It was a "buy first, think later" purchase but I have finally convinced myself to keep it as it will now be delivered just a few hours later.
I don't usually worry about rumours, I don't think such kind of bills are there anywhere else in world but who knows..

I was all set to buy 12 this time until I saw the deal on mini, certainly made my decision much easier. I have used both 12 and 12 mini in store side by side and the in hand feel of mini can't be described in words. It just fits in hand not to forget that text is also sharper and colors somewhat more saturated/denser on mini than on 12. Screen on 12 feels washed out in comparison.

Have you decided on which case to get?
Nope not sure yet, will have to look around a lot more. The only cases that I have liked so far are selling for 4.5K :wtf:

And your are right about the in hand feel. Thankfully I went to a store just before the sale started to compare the mini and regular sizes. Made my decision easier.

Can't believe Amazon completely lost out on iPhone 12 stocks and Flipkart is selling them for dirt cheap prices.
guys does it make sense to buy a iphone 12 mini m using iphone xs ;)
XS is a good enough phone for now. Next year get the 13 mini. This year's mini is for us folks who have ages old android. Even @raksrules will tell you the same thing.

Last edited:
Nope not sure yet, will have to look around a lot more. The only cases that I have liked so far are selling for 4.5K :wtf:

And your are right about the in hand feel. Thankfully I went to a store just before the sale started to compare the mini and regular sizes. Made my decision easier.

Can't believe Amazon completely lost out on iPhone 12 stocks and Flipkart is selling them for dirt cheap prices.

XS is a good enough phone for now. Next year get the 13 mini. This year's mini is for us folks who have ages old android. Even @raksrules will tell you the same thing.

Yes man doesnt make sense to upgrade from
Xs to mini battery life will be pathetic compared to xs

If you can wait an year and hope that same kind of prices the 13 series will get next year, I would recommend then buying the 13 Mini. I am planning that. I feel even my wife's iPhone X to be big and I am ok with my iPhone 6S size so mini is an obvious choice and I don't watch videos on phone and such much so I think I should be ok and this year's mini has far better battery life than 12 mini.

Else, I am not planning to buy anything as I don't see need of anything at this moment and just because it is on sale, I don't want to waste money.
13 mini battery backup is extremely awesome. I am in same boat. 38k good deal

It is not about losing out on stocks though. Both Amazon and Flipkart would have paid Apple to get exclusive deals on the 11 and 12 series. It can be easily reasoned that Walmart paid a lot more.

I remember purchasing the 7 on release day from Flipkart which was the first iPhone to be sold officially in India. The price was the same as offline channels.

Even now, look at Tata Cliq and it has all the iPhones close to the retail price. This is unlike Samsung which reduces prices across the board. Apple does not allow retailers to do so unless it doesn't impact their margins much, so Amazon and Flipkart are definitely compensating Apple and putting it down as marketing expense.

This is the kind of anti-competitive behaviour that the new bill is going to stop, hence I am not hopeful that such discounts will last much longer.

XS did not have a great battery life either, 11 improved on that part. If 12 mini is even worse than XS then that’s a little worrying point.
From battery comparisons, a slightly old XS on 4G has about the same battery life as a new 12 mini on 5G. Assuming, it will be used on 4G all the time, the mini will have the same or slightly better battery life.

This is the kind of anti-competitive behaviour that the new bill is going to stop, hence I am not hopeful that such discounts will last much longer.
Yep if the bill does gets passed this year then online and offline will not have much difference next year. With elections and all there will be pressure to get that out soon.

Yep if the bill does gets passed this year then online and offline will not have much difference next year. With elections and all there will be pressure to get that out soon.

Yes that's nice way to make sure India doesn't spend. And usually to stimulate any economy, people need to spend.

Yes that's nice way to make sure India doesn't spend. And usually to stimulate any economy, people need to spend.
India was still spending when Flipkart was selling computer parts only and Amazon was called Junglee.com. People purchasing power won't change, we will just settle for less, like OnePlus. Oh the irony! :hilarious:
Have you decided on which case to get?
Ordered this in blue https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08KRVWVZ4..._dl_TG0FMSH3BFJKDHCCW9YG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

New wine in old bottle.
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-03 at 7.51.44 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Back