Software that can disable useless background services

Bhai if it nullifies the restore point then does it make sense to delete them to save some space?
If you have multiple restore points, then you can delete the older ones and keep the latest one.
Update cleanup- the files from windows update to update your laptop. They become redundant after updating.
Previous installation- When MS gives you a feature update, it create a backup of existing system should you decide to revert back if things don't work properly wth new update. Similar to restore point.
I may be crude though, hopefully others can help.
Update- Received ssd but it is in a damaged condition currently they are only providing return.
Did you get it from a high-rated seller? Like Cloudtail or InfoComm etc. Although Amazon's packaging has been a bit bad as they have stopped giving protective boxes. Why not try offline if no good sellers available on Amazon?

If you have multiple restore points, then you can delete the older ones and keep the latest one.
Update cleanup- the files from windows update to update your laptop. They become redundant after updating.
Previous installation- When MS gives you a feature update, it create a backup of existing system should you decide to revert back if things don't work properly wth new update. Similar to restore point.
I may be crude though, hopefully others can help.

Did you get it from a high-rated seller? Like Cloudtail or InfoComm etc. Although Amazon's packaging has been a bit bad as they have stopped giving protective boxes. Why not try offline if no good sellers available on Amazon?
Seller was tps something. It was like cracked from top. Unfortunately only refund option was there. Same is available for 2900 in market. Will try this weekend.
Bro any idea from where to buy spare parts, like screen, mouse touch pad etc. of hp ab522tx?
Thanks all. One doubt remains whether ODD is sata i or ii?

Well, you can't change what is present on the motherboard. These are some of the cost-cutting measures to make laptops affordable.
Nevertheless, you won't feel much of a difference with HDD in the caddy tray since your main drive will be SSD. You should put most of your large capacity files into HDD.

You should put most of your large capacity files into HDD.
Is it because of the limited read, write cycles of the ssd? Say a game/movie etc. is in hdd and when the game is opened (say it uses nvidia drivers present in c drive which is the ssd) or the movie/music is played (via a media player installed in c drive i.e. the ssd) then will the game and movie lag considering it is played using softwares present in c drive? I mean both sata iii and i are into play here.

Is it because of the limited read, write cycles of the ssd? Say a game/movie etc. is in hdd and when the game is opened (say it uses nvidia drivers present in c drive which is the ssd) or the movie/music is played (via a media player installed in c drive i.e. the ssd) then will the game and movie lag considering it is played using softwares present in c drive? I mean both sata iii and i are into play here.

SSDs have ample life. His suggestion is because of the small size of your SSD. I have been using a 1TB SSD since 2014,so no it doesn't have limited life.
Does your movie lag right now? If it doesn't, then why would it lag after you install an SSD, considering both times it resides on the same HDD.

@becool773 The replies from rdst and booo should answer your query. If you keep some(usually 10% of the disk capacity) vacant space, then it would help to improve the performance and life. Not a rule, but preferable. There would be no issue with movies and games when it comes to performance. Only when it comes to loading a game or some heavy software installaed in HDD, it loads a bit slowly.

@Ankit2306 @rdst_1 @booo @Kaleen Bhaiya @enthusiast29 @tech.monk

Got the new ssd yesterday, was planning to install it this weekend. Facing a strange issue, last week when I opened the laptop and found that the ssd that I have received is broken so I very carefully cleaned the internals and closed everything. I was careless whilst opening the laptop via a debit card so broke the debit card and left some scratches on one side of the laptop but no internal damage. Now once or twice a day when I try to move the cursor via the trackpad/touchpad it just freezes or sometimes if I move it, it starts selecting text on the screen. A reboot fixes it but for how long there is no guarantee. I did not remove any wire from the internals, just removed the fan for cleaning. What should I do?

Update- This issue is increasing with time.

Last edited:
@Ankit2306 @rdst_1 @booo @Kaleen Bhaiya @enthusiast29 @tech.monk

Got the new ssd yesterday, was planning to install it this weekend. Facing a strange issue, last week when I opened the laptop and found that the ssd that I have received is broken so I very carefully cleaned the internals and closed everything. I was careless whilst opening the laptop via a debit card so broke the debit card and left some scratches on one side of the laptop but no internal damage. Now once or twice a day when I try to move the cursor via the trackpad/touchpad it just freezes or sometimes if I move it, it starts selecting text on the screen. A reboot fixes it but for how long there is no guarantee. I did not remove any wire from the internals, just removed the fan for cleaning. What should I do?

Update- This issue is increasing with time.
Post pictures where the scratches are .

Post pictures where the scratches are .
The plastic part bent outward since I used excessive force, from the inside everything is fine

After cleaning and before closing the back cover

I have a wired mouse, it works fine when the track pad starts showing those signs and when a mouse is connected trackpad becomes okay too. I need more time to test the last part.

Edit- The trackpad/touchpad works fine if a mouse is connected to any of the usb ports. Can this be a software issue?

Last edited:
The plastic part bent outward since I used excessive force, from the inside everything is fine

After cleaning and before closing the back cover

I have a wired mouse, it works fine when the track pad starts showing those signs and when a mouse is connected trackpad becomes okay too. I need more time to test the last part.

Edit- The trackpad/touchpad works fine if a mouse is connected to any of the usb ports. Can this be a software issue?
Try reinstalling the Trackpad driver also update the os .

Try reinstalling the Trackpad driver also update the os .
Windows got a new update about 10 days ago only. The current OS build is 19044.1620

The trackpad was fine before I opened it, just out of curiosity what could have caused this issue in the first place?

Is this the right driver, Synaptics TouchPad Driver 19.3.31.31 Rev.A https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...n-15-notebook-pc-series/9068229/model/9329819 This is a very old driver as per the website. Should I download and install the same only?

Try re-installing the drivers.
I think you should be good with the external mouse. I too rarely use the trackpad, rely entirely on the mouse.
Just saying...
Na bro, I cannot have a mouse 24x7.
Is this the right driver, Synaptics TouchPad Driver 19.3.31.31 Rev.A https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...n-15-notebook-pc-series/9068229/model/9329819 This is a very old driver as per the website. Should I download and install the same only? Just out of curiosity what could have caused this issue in the first place?

Honestly, no idea why the issue cropped up in the first place. Seems weird.
For your drivers, download from HP drivers list. Can't check on mobile as it says my OS is Android R :rolleyes:
After downloading, first uninstall your existing driver fro device manager and then install the newly downloaded drivers. Hopefully it should work.

Last edited:
Honestly, no idea why the issue cropped up in the first place. Seems weird.
For your drivers, download from HP drivers list. Can't check on mobile as it says my OS is Android R :rolleyes:
After downloading, first uninstall your existing driver fro device manager and then install the newly downloaded drivers. Hopefully it should work.
It seems that I have the same version installed as present in that website

Will wait for @Ankit2306 sir's go if that driver is correct then will install and get back.

Now when the touchpad issue occurs even if the mouse is connected it doesnt work. After using the mouse for 5-10 minutes it becomes normal again. I hope that it is not a hardware issue :(

Did you created a restore point before any hardware or software changes ?
Post a screenshot of your device manager , expanded view , look for any yellow exclamation mark , most likely its a driver issue , or might be a loose flex cable , try reinstalling the driver once again and also make sure you have the updated chipset driver installed too ..

Post a screenshot of your device manager , expanded view , look for any yellow exclamation mark , most likely its a driver issue , or might be a loose flex cable , try reinstalling the driver once again and also make sure you have the updated chipset driver installed too ..
Unfortunately no :(

Reinstalled the driver from their site, it was the same version as already installed but still reinstalled the same, the issue is still there unfortunately.

Device Manager, no exclamation sign is there-

Which flex cable could be loose? Trust me besides the fan, I didn't touch any cable

By chipset driver do you mean the motherboard driver? Is it really necessary to update them? I mean wouldn't it cause any more issues? How to update them?

Edit- When synaptics driver was uninstalled and system was restarted then cursor worked fine (checked only for a few minutes) but sensitivity was too high. After reinstalling synaptics driver from hp's website it also worked fine for some time and then same problem started afterwards. What is causing this problem?
@Ankit2306 @Kaleen Bhaiya

The touchpad stopped working completely about twice in the past hour or so. It just hanged or froze in one place. Rebooting was not possible as was busy so used a mouse. Just out of the blue opened this option as per the screenshot and clicked on clickpad disable and then enable, nothing happened. Then clicked on reset devices and applied and it started working very well. Though sometimes it works for a few minutes after clicking on reset. Can we be certain now that this is not a hardware issue? How to fix this?

Last edited:
Back