SONY BRAVIA klv-W400 LAUNCHED

chromatic said:
i checked out the prices of 40w400 and 32w400 in grey market

40W400- 98000
32W400- 52000

but Full hd in 32,What is the point of having a full hd where we wont be able to compare 720p and 1080p

what do you guys think.Is there any point of having a full hd in 32?

I am looking for a 32 HD LCD for my Operation Theatre as I will connect a full HD operating camera to it.

I located info on this 32w400 but I just cant find it in the grey market.

Where did you get this pricing? and when is it likely to be legally launched?

Thanks,

Deepak

in gaffar market in delhi..i dont know the name of the shop..but it is there .. they have bother 32 and 40.. and one thing more samsung just launched there new models of lcd tvs. u can grab 32 inch 5 series(32A550P1) model which is full HD for around 55000 with bill and warranty and its great value for money .so do take a demo for it

source-www.samsung.co.in

It would be okay as PC monitor but probably not the best option as most TVs are designed with moving pictures in mind. Static images full of text may not be as sharp as one wants on such TVs.

chromatic said:
in gaffar market in delhi..i dont know the name of the shop..but it is there .. they have bother 32 and 40.. and one thing more samsung just launched there new models of lcd tvs. u can grab 32 inch 5 series(32A550P1) model which is full HD for around 55000 with bill and warranty and its great value for money .so do take a demo for it

source-www.samsung.co.in

Thanks -will look out in Bangalore. BTW Samsung has a 37 550 full HD.Any feedback on that. Also how do Samsungs in general compare with the Sonys?

Chaos said:
It would be okay as PC monitor but probably not the best option as most TVs are designed with moving pictures in mind. Static images full of text may not be as sharp as one wants on such TVs.

Ok.. somehow I was thinking that this will do good for a pure home entertainment PC - little bit of gaming, browsing, viewing photos, movies etc, but no serious photographic / design work.

deepakvrao said:
What does that mean? Is it a waste?

You are never ever gonna notice the difference between a 720p panel and a 1080p panel in 32 inchers unless you stick your nose around 1 cm away from the panel. I'd rather invest my money on a better quality 720p panel like the Hitachi.

u will be able to see the difference from 3 feet and closer, u can clearly see the pixels on the 720p screen at 3 feet.the 1080p W series will be a benifit for those using it as a monitor.
the main advantage of the new W series is the huge improvement in contrast,just a while back i compared a klv-32W400A and a klv-32D300a,the improvement contrast is clearly noticible in the W series. was tempted to buy the 32inch W series,but having already owned a 32inch V series and seeing the prices drop by 25% i will wait and buy a 40+inch sony with a 10generation sharp panel which will be in 2010.who knows i might skip that and wait for OLED:rofl: .

adder said:
u will be able to see the difference from 3 feet and closer, u can clearly see the pixels on the 720p screen at 3 feet.the 1080p W series will be a benifit for those using it as a monitor.

Yea right :rofl:. Next thing you'll tell me is you are Clark Kent in disguise. I can't see pixels of my 1280x800 laptop screen from 6 inches away as I type right now. Anyone who doesn't believe me, try it out yourself.

Chaos said:
You are never ever gonna notice the difference between a 720p panel and a 1080p panel in 32 inchers unless you stick your nose around 1 cm away from the panel. I'd rather invest my money on a better quality 720p panel like the Hitachi.

completely true!

excuse me if this is a foolish one, but, when we say we won't be able to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p at more than a particular distance, do this hold true for the video source type also.

I meant, would a 1080p print of a movie will do any good over a 720p print on a 32" Full HD panel when watched from a distance of say 4'.

Zilch difference from 4 ft on a 32 incher. Its only 50" and beyond that you'd really start noticing any difference. Even on a 42" TV, its next to impossible to perceive any difference.

The only thing that'll happen with a 32 inch FullHD LCD TV is that normal standard definition 480i TV will look more horrible :rofl:.

Chaos said:
Yea right :rofl:. Next thing you'll tell me is you are Clark Kent in disguise. I can't see pixels of my 1280x800 laptop screen from 6 inches away as I type right now. Anyone who doesn't believe me, try it out yourself.

well 32inch is way bigger then ur laptop screen.

let me tell one thing if u take 1 square inch of ur laptop screen i.e if ur laptop screen is 15inch 16:10 then in 1 sq/in there will be 10126pixels,now if u take 1 square inch of a 32inch 720p panel then there will 2399pixels/sq in,now in a 1080p 32inch lcd there will be 4743 pixels /sq inch .

so in ur laptop screen the pixels are more dense and smaller ,but in a 32inch lcd the pixels size are way bigger.
so please dont compare ur laptop screen with a 32inch lcd.

Chaos said:
Zilch difference from 4 ft on a 32 incher. Its only 50" and beyond that you'd really start noticing any difference. Even on a 42" TV, its next to impossible to perceive any difference.

The only thing that'll happen with a 32 inch FullHD LCD TV is that normal standard definition 480i TV will look more horrible :rofl:.

I thought so. So given the quality of TV transmission (even with DTH), the media type commonly available in market for movies (no HD ones available for rental/buy), it would be better to stick with 720p ones ?? I guess all these SD signals, DVD etc will looks washed out on a full HD panel.

adder said:

let me tell one thing if u take 1 square inch of ur laptop screen i.e if ur laptop screen is 15inch 16:10 then in 1 sq/in there will be 10126pixels,now if u take 1 square inch of a 32inch 720p panel then there will 2399pixels/sq in,now in a 1080p 32inch lcd there will be 4743 pixels /sq inch .

so in ur laptop screen the pixels are more dense and smaller ,but in a 32inch lcd the pixels size are way bigger.

I thought you'd talk about dot pitch but it doesn't matter... cos the eye can't resolve 2000 odd dots per inch at a 3 ft distance. And shouting doesn't make your case any better :tongue:

adder said:

Heh.. Pl dont resort to shouting... :cool2:

Chaos's said d right thing and seems like u dont know him completely (read his AV skills!!!) :bleh:

Back