SONY BRAVIA klv-W400 LAUNCHED

Chaos said:
I thought you'd talk about dot pitch but it doesn't matter... cos the eye can't resolve 2000 odd dots per inch at a 3 ft distance. And shouting doesn't make your case any better :tongue:

well the difference is noticible for me.:p
u can clearly see the difference in mobiles phones screen the one with lower and other with higher resolution.

adder said:
well 32inch is way bigger then ur laptop screen.

let me tell one thing if u take 1 square inch of ur laptop screen i.e if ur laptop screen is 15inch 16:10 then in 1 sq/in there will be 10126pixels,now if u take 1 square inch of a 32inch 720p panel then there will 2399pixels/sq in,now in a 1080p 32inch lcd there will be 4743 pixels /sq inch .

so in ur laptop screen the pixels are more dense and smaller ,but in a 32inch lcd the pixels size are way bigger.

so please dont compare ur laptop screen with a 32inch lcd.

Dont want to see you shouting next time... It wll result in an infraction...

adder said:
well the difference is noticible for me.:p

u can clearly see the difference in mobiles phones screen the one with lower and other with higher resolution.

Do you look at a mobile phone screen from 3 ft away?

I can't see any pixels in my P1i at all. You can notice pixels only on the very low end 96x96 LCDs and if you play video on them, you won't notice any pixels on those either. As I said... if you stare at a TV from a few inches away, you'll see the difference but from normal viewing distance, you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference at 42 inches, let alone 32 inches.

Instead of arguing endlessly with me, why don't you head to a store and check yourself. A visit to a croma or reliance digital would do wonders.

Chaos said:

I can't see any pixels in my P1i at all. You can notice pixels only on the very low end 96x96 LCDs and if you play video on them, you won't notice any pixels on those either. As I said... if you stare at a TV from a few inches away, you'll see the difference but from normal viewing distance, you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference at 42 inches, let alone 32 inches.

Instead of arguing endlessly with me, why don't you head to a store and check yourself. A visit to a croma or reliance digital would do wonders.

Heh Chaos, seems like the thread's gradually turning into a low-end version of this:

http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/bheja-fry-the-epic-tale-ends-110120-2.html#post803032

aint??? :p

Switch said:
Dont want to see you shouting next time... It wll result in an infraction...

well i did not actualy ment to shout i was trying to show the difference of pixels size and the affect of size on text,but some how got mixed up as the same momemt my MX revolution mouse ran out of charge and i had to plug in a usb mouse,also the repeated failure to post a reply no thanks to bsnl:mad: .so i forget that i had clicked the font size button ,i always see the keyboard when typing so a goof by me i guess.:) ;)

here is a brief idea about what i was trying to achieve orginally by increasing the text size.The new 30 inch monitors: Dell and Samsung (page 1: The new 30 inch) - BeHardware

Chaos said:

well i did see the difference by comparing side by side but i can definetly see the difference b/w the 32inch 720p and 1080p,i am not arguing i was just sharing the difference i noticed b/w the 2 screens.obvioulsly in normal viewing distance u wont notice the difference ,thats why i said we will only notice the difference 3 feet or less which isnt in most cases the normal viewing distance.so peace now .:)

^^If you were trying to show aliasing, one wouldn't notice it unless the fontsize was something like 200 if cleartype is turned on. Again... one isn't using a 32" TV for displaying text is it? With motion blur because of response times, the apparent resolution of an LCD will be a third of what the real panel resolution is and inspite of that its hard to make out any difference :p.

Well, from what I have read if you input 1080i into a full HD monitor and view it from less than 140% of the diagonal screen size you WILL be able to tell the difference.

Now this is not important for movies/TV but like I said in my OP I need this as an operation theater monitor where I will input true HD AND it may be closer than 140% of 32" [which is about 4 feet].... so will it now make sense for me to get a HD 32"?

^^In such a specialized case, you better go for Full HD. Hell you might as well get the Dell 3008WFP and input a 4 megapixel signal if your source can do it.

We were talking about normal TV viewing here.

Chaos,

Thanks for the help. Couple of things - I am more comfortable with a TV as I can see it and then buy it unlike Dell. Also this particular Dell has HDMI but most monitors AFAIK do not have HDMI [which is my video out from the camera].

On another point - do you know how I can record my surgery from this camera in full HD, take the recording to a store and compare TVs?

This camera has HDMI and S-video but AFAIK S-video out loses quality and I cant find a DVD recorder with HDMI in. Is there any sort of HDMI to HD camcorder cable?

This is the camera that I am buying

Learn about Panasonic's HD Color Cameras

deepak i think u should go for the dell 30inch or HP LP3065 the hp model has a lesser input lag,which i think is critical.both the dell and hp have a S-IPS panel which has better viewing angle,and more resolution then the sony FHD lcds.

well yes u wont find many recorders or any recorders which have a HDMI IN, possibily due to content protection.well i have no idea about recording stuff,may be others here might be help.

Bravia 2 engine or not, this is simply overpriced. The 32 incher is going to retail at 72 K. I got my Samsung 32 5 series with the same specs - Full HD, 15000:1 contrast ratio, 5 ms rsp etc ( except the Bravia engine of course) at 52 K, and I love it ! I am sure the marginal difference ( supposedly) in picture quality is not worth paying around 20 grand more for ! Period.

Back