Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

comp@ddict

Skilled
Can't believe no one's made this yet. Sony is going to make an announcement, this 27th of January, 2011. That's actually before PS Phone(of which I'm not excited about that much).

Till now RUMOUR MILL SAYS:

4 core Cell Processor

Nothing more has been found out, the design looks like PSP GO, only with 2 D-Pads and Sticks too, and Sony touts this to be as powerful as PS3.

100% sure it's gonna run on Linux, so seeing sony compares this to PS3, and the controller design is also almost same, then I see the possbility of Cross Platform games, no wait, even better, what if the titles of PS3(not ones like GT or something) start porting to PSP2??? That would be friggin amazing, and I'm already getting my hopes high about it. This might be my first console I buy, after the GBA SP in 2003 or was it 2004?

Re: The PLAYSTATION PORTABLE '2' Thread

Looks like Gehot isn't sparing this device either. :lol:

[youtube]HyAUG0RmyD4[/youtube]

Let us see how the SE Xperia Play or the Zeus Z1 turns up at the MWC. Wanted to switch to the Android platform.

The Sony PSP2, codenamed NGP

Betcha didn't think this day would come, but it finally has. Sony has just come clean with its next-generation PlayStation Portable. It's actually codenamed NGP and will revolve around five key concepts: Revolutionary User Interface, Social Connectivity, Location-based Entertainment, Converging Real and Virtual (augmented) Reality. It will be compatible with the PlayStation Suite.

Specs include a -
5-inch OLED display with 960 x 544 resolution,
dual analog sticks (not nubs as on the current generation),
3G, WiFi, GPS,
front and rear touchpads,
an electronic compass, and
cameras on both the front and the rear.
Available this holiday season. Wait... what?!

Source: Engadget

Re: The Sony PSP2, codenamed NGP

Games will come on "new media," not UMD anymore, but we're unclear on what sort of flash memory is being used. Sony's rather proud of the fact it's offering the world's first dual analog stick combo on a portable device, though we're more geeked about the quadrupling of pixel count from the original PSP.

Games being shown off at Sony's live event right now include Killzone, Resistance, Little Big Planet, and Uncharted -- with the latter serving as a demo platform to show off how the rear touchpad can be used to climb up some vines. That touch panel on the back is the same size as the front OLED display and is "mapped" directly to the game screen, which really should make it intuitive to use.

U shud look @ the GAMES they demoe'd...UC...can be played with touch screen too :p

OMGBBQAPPLESAUCE I WANT THIS.

500x_psp_ngp.jpg

MGS 4 realtime cutscene shown by Hideo Kojima.......OMFG !!!

Hideo caveats that the clip was actually pulled straight from the PS3 version and rendered on the NGP, which is rendering it at 20 fps. Naturally some graphical reductions will happen for any actual title on the NGP, but it's still pretty impressive.

Hideo envisions using the exact same game on the PS3 and the NGP. You play the game on your PS3 at home, and out and about you play the same game and same save on your NGP. A beautiful dream, indeed. "This dream is going to come true in the near future, and right now I'm working on this project. I'm sorry right now I can't disclose further information, but I'd like to present what we're doing at E3."

1st comment on psp-hacks: "Sounds interesting, not sure whether is hackable.":bleh: teh pirates:cool2:

Desecrator said:
http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-consoles/the-playstation-portable-2-thread-182804.html

Betcha you didn't search for this thread before posting! :bleh:

Neat device. But a bit too curvy. Pretty amazing how Sony managed to hide it until the launch.

*waits for Geohot's hax*
Yeah, plus he made 2 threads of the same thing. One thing I dont understand nowadays people dont seem to even look at the page and just make a thread. I mean the PSP2 thread is at the top, and he makes 2 of them.

Back