Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

Re: The Sony PSP2, codenamed NGP

Day one purchase for me... man.. where's the preorder button !!! Sony take my money now !!

1520931-take_my_money_super.jpg

Re: The Sony PSP2, codenamed NGP

You know that crazy next-gen PSP (NGP) with multiple touchpads, dual analog sticks, and quadrupled resolution that Sony just trotted out? Yeah, it's got a quad-core Cortex-A9 and a quad-core Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU doing the grunt work within. We've never seen a handheld this powerful. Then again, considering the darn thing won't be launching until this holiday season, maybe quad-core parts will be the least Sony will need in order to match up to the "super phones" coming up this year. We're just wondering how long any of these souped-up portables will last on a charge. Full spec sheet after the break.

345dd89.jpg

Source: Engadget

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
Yeah, plus he made 2 threads of the same thing. One thing I dont understand nowadays people dont seem to even look at the page and just make a thread. I mean the PSP2 thread is at the top, and he makes 2 of them.

Yo! Addict! While i posted the first thread I didnt recollected there was any other thread present !

Also While I submitted the thread, It got clicked twice, so...it made 2 threads, Reported Mods, they are busy !

Re: The PLAYSTATION PORTABLE '2' Thread

Insane device for a handheld one. :p

Wonder what portable media it uses although it mimics a SD card in appearance.

Re: The PLAYSTATION PORTABLE '2' Thread

The Questions raised now are

- Price?

- How Secured / Hack proof it is?

- The Media Format used was not detailed.

- Probably new games wud be sold on the new Media Format in stores.

I'd possibly think it would retail for anywhere between 16~20k here in India considering the pricing of the 3004.

About the hack proofing, I guess time will tell. Once the device hits the market, I believe hax0rs are wanting to lay their hands on it. At least Geohot wanted to. :p

Here's a little coverage ..

Picture-41.png

5"OLED with 960 x 544 resolution with full touch.

Sony has quadrupled the resolution of the current PSP.

ARM Cortex A9 core Quad Core CPU + SGX543MP4 GPU

Next-Gen Best in Class Processing - Graphics equal to original XBOX.

New Flash based Game Media.

This new game media will allow games + addon content + save games to all reside on the Card itself.

Dual Analogs controller

Newly designed analogs sticks are smaller but have a greater resemblance to original dual sticks

3G + Wifi(b/g/n) + GPS + Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Full connectivity to maximize the communication.

Dual Rear Touch Pads

Capacitive Back touch pad to allow additional gaming interface.

Front and Read CAMERAS.

Dual cams to allow greater multimedia experience and communication and quite possible gaming interface.

Augmented Reality.

Augmented Reality becomes a very real prospect in gaming and other coming NGP applications.

Gaming-Social Networking - LiveArea

Share your gaming experience with friends using LiveArea feature to be available on all NGP titles.

Location based Entertainment. - Near

Interact with friends nearby in the real world and share using "Near" application

Motion based gaming - SIXAXIS sensor - 3 axis Gyro + 3 axis accelerometer + Compass

Get full game play immersion with motion-tilt gaming.

Console Size: 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm

Size almost equivalent to the PSP 3000

mini HDMI Output.

Definetly expected but not announced at such.

Also there has been no mention of the internal storage capacity.

This will most likely launched in 16\32\64 Gig variants.

PSP2 16GB should be priced around 299$

then higher version can go for upto 349$

ya i guess... i'll be there for 6 months so i guess yes i can arrange a GO but for that Sony must release it somewhere in September or October so that I can get discount in December....

Punker, be doubly sure before you buy the PSP from the UK. Entitles you to no warranty in case anything happens later. And with Sony's consoles you never know what is in store for you. :p

Desecrator said:
Punker, be doubly sure before you buy the PSP from the UK. Entitles you to no warranty in case anything happens later. And with Sony's consoles you never know what is in store for you. :p
will see price first if their's huge difference then only will buy from UK otherwise will buy from India only....

Back