Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

10 million is too big a no.

But yeah it would have sold like crazy if it had a phone has well :p ( and priced below 30K ) , 1-2 million for sure .

i would like to know why are they not making it a phone as well, charge 200 extra for PSP2 phone

all i an think of is they dont want to upset other models they have and ericsson wont let them.

strategy said:
10 million is too big a no.
But yeah it would have sold like crazy if it had a phone has well :p ( and priced below 30K ) , 1-2 million for sure .
i would like to know why are they not making it a phone as well, charge 200 extra for PSP2 phone
all i an think of is they dont want to upset other models they have and ericsson wont let them.

People don't want to worry about data plans with their gaming consoles, probably that's it.

Look at it this way , if they release it early here , people will buy it no matter what , and before its hacked, sonly PSP( and its original games ) would have sold a great deal !

Piracy can not be stopped , you have to find ways to deal with it.

yeahh... but i seriously think that as PS3 games are being ported to PSP2, a 40 or 60$ price tag would be COMPLETELY UNJUSTIFIED. And if they do intro games at that price, I would not once feel guilty to pirate them.

Would have been super cool if it ran android apps.Hopefully some modder will find a way to install android on it as well. Anyone knows the MP count of that camera?

but one fact we all have to accept.. if sony doesnt open up and make it easy for the indie channel, they will have a tough time competing with android games, more so iOS games. Considering iPhone 5 this year with dual core, iPhone 6 next year with quad core, under 3 years the phones will outpace the console(i think console is supposed to have 6 year life cycle)...

I still cannot believe Kojima showed the PSP 2 rendering the MGS 4 albeit the frames were dropping at times. Not to mention Uncharted as well.

^ AND thats in the early stages of development !! think of the possibilities when developers understand the hardware.

this hardware is just superb!! :D

I wont be surprised if Crysis (the original) like graphics is come on PSP !! that would be a treat! :D

I love the difference in approach both the portable console makers are taking with their console, with one i get superb gameplay , while with the other i get unparalleled graphics on the go! :D

i will buy both ( i hope)

My humble 2 cents on the "iPhone 5/NextGen Smartphone VS Sony NGP" :

- To hell with H/W specs

- Screw Online N/W, Content & Availability

- Screw the possibility of Hacking/Jailbreaking the software

My Verdict - Sony WINS!

The Reason - Sony sticks to its roots by launching a true blooded handheld gaming console. Sure touch controls are cool. But why would i want to play a game on a touch-only smartphone which forces me to keep swiping my thumbs across the display for the entirety of the gameplay, when i really should be focusing on the entire screen?!? Picture yourself trying to pull off a 10-hit combo in Tekken on the iPhone 5!!! :O

sid_donnydarko said:

- To hell with H/W specs

My Verdict - Sony WINS!

The Reason - Sony sticks to its roots by launching a true blooded handheld gaming console. Sure touch controls are cool. But why would i want to play a game on a touch-only smartphone which forces me to keep swiping my thumbs across the display for the entirety of the gameplay, when i really should be focusing on the entire screen?!? Picture yourself trying to pull off a 10-hit combo in Tekken on the iPhone 5!!! :O
Haha, being a sony fanboi myself, i agree.

sid_donnydarko said:

- To hell with H/W specs

My Verdict - Sony WINS!

Iphone 5 or any other phone is not meant for just gaming even the apple ( and others ) acknowledge that. why are YOU pitting them against each other , if they wanted to create a gaming portable they would name it iplay ( or something ), gaming is just an added feature on the phones, not the main feature.

before bashing the other product atleast make sure they are in smiler category.

this comparison was pointless. :(

strategy said:
Iphone 5 or any other phone is not meant for just gaming even the apple ( and others ) acknowledge that. why are YOU pitting them against each other , if they wanted to create a gaming portable they would name it iplay ( or something ), gaming is just an added feature on the phones, not the main feature.

Even though you've misunderstood what i've typed, i'm genuinely happy that people such as yourself exist; people who can tell the difference between a Handheld Console and a Smartphone :)

My post was intended to knock some pre-emptive common sense into "iPhone fanbois" who'll very soon and most inevitably flood this thread with stupid posts that bash the NGP let alone draw comparisons between the two :rofl: Trust me on this :eek:hyeah: This thread is about Sony's NGP and i absolutely love the idea. Imagine how i'd feel if someone tried to compare it to an iPhone :mad:

Well actually over the last 2 iterations or so.. Gaming has been a major focus of the iPhone and especially the iPod touch.. maximum sales on the Apple Store are from the games. Half the apps shown off during the demonstrations of their new products are games... So its not much of a stretch to compare the two.

Also bring in the fact that the growing sales of the iPod Touch n iPhone have directly resulted in decreasing sales of the portable consoles.... this time around Nintendo has focussed on a gimmick which is still in its infancy and so i don't foresee as long a product lifespan as on the previous models.

Sony on the otherhand has maybe done an overkill and has fitted their console with all possible inputs thereby futureproofing their console. With time developers will realise the full potential of this... expect atleast a 4year lifespan for this. I'm shaving off 2 years from the life of the old PSP because technology is improving at a faster pace now.

/rant

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PS : i think i went really OT in my last post.... so to sum it up... they're all cool in their own domains and NGP FTW !!!

strategy said:

Well yeah, its only direct competition is the new 3DS. But apple sells a lotta games on the itouch/phone also.

Back