Sony Xperia U - Buy it? (Stop me from hesitating)

^
Bugs ? At least for me, and for most others the Xperia S ICS update has no bugs. Its a wonderful update and the phone feels much better now than on Gingerbread. The people that are facing "bugs" did not upgrade to ICS the right way. And even if you do count those "bugs" as being actual issues, we still have much less issues with ICS than HTC and Samsung devices.

Also for now, all 2012 Xperia Devices development can be tracked under Xperia S android development. There are quite a few ROMs, custom kernels (OC) and mods available for the U on there.

^
Bugs ? At least for me, and for most others the Xperia S ICS update has no bugs. Its a wonderful update and the phone feels much better now than on Gingerbread. The people that are facing "bugs" did not upgrade to ICS the right way. And even if you do count those "bugs" as being actual issues, we still have much less issues with ICS than HTC and Samsung devices.

Also for now, all 2012 Xperia Devices development can be tracked under Xperia S android development. There are quite a few ROMs, custom kernels (OC) and mods available for the U on there.

Okay if you say so.

The SAMOLED version is better since AFAIK the SLCD version was only for the Indian market. Yes, we seem to always get the lower end of the deal when it comes to Nexus devices (no N One, GNex, SLCD Nexus S, etc.)

The Nexus S does not come not come with a micro SD slot but 16GB should suffice, I guess.

So then what are you people's opinions on the 2nd hand Nexus S?

I'm cool with 16 GB storage.

The white neo v looks very tempting. if you can live with the single core processor and slightly dated looks, neo v offers the best features . The phone is a parallel import from china and the seller has a great reputation.just checked his other listings and looks like he's sold more than 500 pieces of neo v, 500 of experia ray . also, there's official ICS update for the neo v and rom support is not that bad on XDA. personally i would go with the neo v. just my two cents

I thought Xperia Pro had a separate forum at xda. It's just not there!

Get a new phone , U if you can live with the limited storage. Mind you there is OTG option as well.

Edit -Ditch those ebay lame dealer warranty and get a brand new manufacturer warranty for 200 bucks more http://deals.sulekha.com/sony-xperia-u-black-and-white-16874

Or get it from hs18 @ 15.4k http://www.homeshop18.com/sony-xper...ccessories/mobiles/product:29084801/cid:3027/ with variable color options.

I can't live with the limited storage.

Hi comp@ddict. I suggest you have a look at Motorola Defy Plus. it's an excellent mob. I have been using it for nearly 6 months now, and I love it. It meets all your requirements fully. I purchased it from "Saholic" as they offer slightly better price than Flipkart. But they are also pretty slow as compared with Flipkart.

The links of both Saholic and Flipkart are here:

Saholic @ 13,999/- > Motorola Defy+ Price in India | MB526 Specifications, Features and Reviews

Flipkart @ 14,499/- > Motorola Defy Plus: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Enjoy

No no nooo Moto Defy

If you are one of those people who like to tinker a lot with their phones and generally like hacking/modding devices, IMO you should stay away from WP as of now.

Back