Spare the rod, spoil the child

If you didn't keep your child in control, give him a slap or two when required, police will have to do it for you and all of us few years later. At that time, it will not look very nice at all. All children are different, some can be narcissistic a**h**s than angels we imagine they are - they need to be put straight. Or we will be finding more threads on whether we should give capital /corporal punishments to juveniles here on TE itself with TEians giving various opinions based on their political inclinations and sensitivities.

Found another video where a tuition teacher beating up a 3 year old on internet and whole hullabaloo over that. Wondered why that 3 year old child required a tuition first of all and what his/her parents were doing with their life.

@Prole73 are you referring to the incident which occurred in Kolkata?
The child was 6 years old I think.

Many a times the parents are not that well read or do not have the confidence that they can dp justice to their child's future by teaching him/her themselves. So they employ tutors for basics like English. Many are not comfortable with their knowledge of English. Hence hiring an expert for the purpose.

I am not saying that hiring tutor for 6year old is ok. But sometimes the parents may feel that it is necessary.
And more than tutors, I still don't understand the need for playschools. Why does a 2/3yr old need to go to school?

Damn straight.
Reminds me of an incident some 5-6 months back. Was in Landmark (closed now :() and there was this kid of about 10-11 years or so throwing a ruckus in the shop for a PS3. Obviously it's a high value item and therefore his parents were wary of it and tried reasoning. When nothing worked, they tried leaving. Lo ! The kid started wailing loudly at the top of his voice, banging the PS3 aisle with this fists. When his parents tried to take him away by force, he purposefully kicked the games aisle (which was next to the console aisle), causing some 8-10 games to fall on the ground. And still his parents were like "No Ayush (I think that was his name), baad main le lenge. Abhi nahin. Aise zidd nahin karte" etc. I mean creating a ****ing tantrum in public and throwing things around and still parents go all sissy on kids ?
Have seen similar scenes in McDonalds. That thing is filled with obese kids and their stupid parents.
So is this the justification for beating kids? I have heard of many stories from us where small kids donated their gift money to charity. so, do you think their parents use force on them to teach values?

what you mentioned sets an example for bad parenting, but doesnt justify abuse.

@Prole73 are you referring to the incident which occurred in Kolkata?
The child was 6 years old I think.

Many a times the parents are not that well read or do not have the confidence that they can dp justice to their child's future by teaching him/her themselves. So they employ tutors for basics like English. Many are not comfortable with their knowledge of English. Hence hiring an expert for the purpose.

I am not saying that hiring tutor for 6year old is ok. But sometimes the parents may feel that it is necessary.
And more than tutors, I still don't understand the need for playschools. Why does a 2/3yr old need to go to school?
That's coz lot of times both the parents work.
And if you don't have grandparents at home, then there is no one to take care of kids. Hence a play school or day care facility is required.

Back