Spica availability in India

its still not available in UP . every mobile store makes a spicy story : not launched,available..... and then i take the phone out from my pocket

Tried getting it in bangalore, but not available anywhere. One dealer even told me that Samsung recalled the last two pieces he had :/ The i5800 probably is gonna be launched soon but the specs so far indicate it will be inferior to the spica! Is there any other budget andriod phone available? (apart from the htc tattoo which isnt great either)

From all above poster's experience I can say that Samsung is preparing ground for i5500 ala Corby Smartphone which will cost similar to Spica. i5800 is going to price very high around 18-20k and that too with poor specs sheet compared to i5700.

i5500 will suck, I can tell. Same goes for i5800, it has a lower resolution, which means lesser apps are compatible.

A good competor will be the Xperia X8, but it'll be ages before we can buy it.

Dealer Devras Products (Chickpet, Bangalore)
Dealer Address No. 20, Sri S.S.Jain Market, M.P.Lane, Chickpet Cross,Bangalore 560053
Contact Person Shylesh Jain
Contact Person's No. 41149686

I think he has one more left. He sold one to a friend of a friend in Bangalore for Rs 13.1k.
Hope this helps the Bangalore guys.
I am looking for a couple of Spicas in Cochin and cant seem to find any.

Metalspree said:
Hi hunt3r try at channel 9 Jaynagar .Contact Sandy or Raghu for directions and contatct info.I got mine from channel 9.
Hey, thanks for the info :D But decided against it finally, because it dosent seem like it'll get the froyo upgrade. Will wait and see how BADA does, The wave looks quite good too

modifii said:
From all above poster's experience I can say that Samsung is preparing ground for i5500 ala Corby Smartphone which will cost similar to Spica. i5800 is going to price very high around 18-20k and that too with poor specs sheet compared to i5700.
Yea the corby i5500 should come at a price lower than the Spica, might be worth checking out. The i5800 for sure will not sell for that high a price, they will have to price it either on par with the Spica or lower as it has inferior specs

In Mumbai one can try the JJ Mehta store in Nakshatra Mall, near Dadar station west. I got my Nokia 5230 from there when it was almost not available anywhere else.

Went for a long walk yday...But could not find the Spica..Almost everyone says they dont have the stock since two months
Settled with its elder brother Galaxy 7500 ... Though a distant preference but still I preferred it over Wave's...Super Amoled Screen and BADA OS
I wanted something Android ;) ... Also got a couple of free goodies with it @13800 @ Mobile Store ... South Ex

Yup ... Samsung has stopped support beyond 1.6
But heard they might just update it by end of this month...Else Drakaz is working on a 2.1 ROM .... which I think is almost working perfectly .... Either ways it should get the 2.1.
Metalspree said:
You got the i7500 which no longer gets update AFAIK you cant even update to 2.1,stuck in 1.6 for ever .

I think I'm gonna order it from ebay.com or some other online store. No use waiting for it to come here.

The weird thing is that this phone is not available in ebay.in. Meaning, no one wants to sell it in India.

I might be selling my almost mint (save for a few dings) Android 2.1 Spica this week or next, provided I get a good offer for it. I am from Mumbai and bought my Spica on the 14th of February, 2010, and it still has more than half of it's warranty remaining. I might be getting it's elder brother, the Galaxy S soon, but I am still waiting for that price to fall.

I can sell the Spica and use my 6630 for a while, no doubt. But a good offer is all I need to sell it. I might throw in a 4Gb Sandisk SDHC along with it if I feel I am not making a loss.

Cheers. PM me if anyone from Mumbai is interested. (outside Mumbai, shipping has to be borne TOTALLY by you'll)

Back