Spice MI-300

Hey,Guyz I just brought this phone.... too good..... cant describe it's worth the money..... and even android 2.1...they are providing the download for it soon in 1 week...... and the preloaded app's are good. Here are the Por's and con's.

Pro's

• The OS
  • The smoothness f the UI
  • The trackball performs awesome.
  • The screen is too good.... very very good response.
  • Typing is very easy in it's native keyboard and even in Swype(Third Party Software)
  • The Android 2.1 Update.
  • Overall the phone is AWESOME!!

Con's

• The Phone look's good but at the same time u feel it's not so solid in hand.
  • After having about 179 apps the UI Was still smooth...but Did lag some time's (Just some time's)
  • The Phone took about 3 Min's to find a GPS signal but after that the GPS was stable and good even while driving.

filmguy said:
dude, forgot to ask - does it hv text reflow on net browsing/ebk reading?
Text reflow??? :huh: confused Are u saying Swype?? can u describe it.... and please ignore all the ^^^^^^^above comment's those guys i guess never used a spice phone..... or evn this model.

akhil_kumar60 said:
Text reflow??? :huh: confused Are u saying Swype?? can u describe it.... and please ignore all the ^^^^^^^above comment's those guys i guess never used a spice phone..... or evn this model.
Yep, I have never used any Spice Model but seen my friends getting frustrated with them.All the best for your phone. Moreover its a open forum so please dont ask anyone to ignore any comments...

piyush7243 said:
Yep, I have never used any Spice Model but seen my friends getting frustrated with them.All the best for your phone. Moreover its a open forum so please dont ask anyone to ignore any comments...
Ok... But i think this is their best phone in their company........ even i saw many member struggling with their spice phone's.... but i think this is built nice because of the android and the
other stuff in it..... Thank's and ok i understand it's an open forum and everyone has right to post anything related to the topic...

LOL lots of TE ppl myself included is using the Spice QT 44 which is quite a VFM at 1.4k :)....dont just crap as most ppl just buy w.o doing proper research :p...so they suffer even with Nokia phones !

My dad is using Spice phone since more than year, he never struggled with it.. Spice is not like Fly, Maxx, micromax kinda mobile phones, their quality very good (not as good as popular brands but it is acceptable). You can't really say that Spice mobiles suck. I agree some people struggles with it a lot. The main reason would be the poor and slow UI. The rest things are excellent :)

akhil_kumar60 said:
text reflow is a feature in some phones where when u zoom into some text it automatically adjusts & fits all the text in the part that u have zoomed into one screen so u dont need to scroll horizontally & go back in forth horizontally &vertically. all u need to scroll is in one direction. it makes reading easier and more convenient.

filmguy said:
text reflow is a feature in some phones where when u zoom into some text it automatically adjusts & fits all the text in the part that u have zoomed into one screen so u dont need to scroll horizontally & go back in forth horizontally &vertically. all u need to scroll is in one direction. it makes reading easier and more convenient.
sorry! i checked it out but that feature in not present in this phone.

akhil_kumar60 said:
Ok... But i think this is their best phone in their company........ even i saw many member struggling with their spice phone's.... but i think this is built nice because of the android and the
other stuff in it..... Thank's and ok i understand it's an open forum and everyone has right to post anything related to the topic...
My main concern was the point where you said that please ignore above comments. I don't even have a bad bone about Spice in any way.

@Supra: I am not crapping in any way possible. I was just conveying a simple message.

I got the phone a few days back. Im quite happy with it. A few more things to consider for potential buyers

1) The touch sensitive buttons dont have back-light. You get used to it after a while though. Still better than the Samsung Spicas buttons.

2) Battery life seems mediocre. 1.5-2 days is all I get. Not sure if its due to some apps running in the background.

The Eclair update is out?

I think I got the battery life figured out. Theres a lot of junk running in the background. Installing task manager helps a lot towards improving battery life. Need to find a way to uninstall most of the default apps.

I got this cell a week back.
Everything is great, but I didn't like the camera, doesn't seem like 5MP.
I saw the pics u posted akhil, they looked pretty good.
Are you using some app for camera?
Have you altered any settings?

Back