Spice MI-300

Hey,Guyz I just brought this phone.... too good..... cant describe it's worth the money..... and even android 2.1...they are providing the download for it soon in 1 week...... and the preloaded app's are good. Here are the Por's and con's.

Pro's

• The OS
  • The smoothness f the UI
  • The trackball performs awesome.
  • The screen is too good.... very very good response.
  • Typing is very easy in it's native keyboard and even in Swype(Third Party Software)
  • The Android 2.1 Update.
  • Overall the phone is AWESOME!!

Con's

• The Phone look's good but at the same time u feel it's not so solid in hand.
  • After having about 179 apps the UI Was still smooth...but Did lag some time's (Just some time's)
  • The Phone took about 3 Min's to find a GPS signal but after that the GPS was stable and good even while driving.

Spice seems to be pioneering introduction of good mobiles, perhaps the most exciting one should be Spice Mi410 running v 2.2 with 4.1 inch screen- in Malaysian market for about 17-18k, it is already on Spice web site as incoming model.

Waiting for the Froyo update if any. Upgraded it to Eclair and I don't feel the phone to be laggy apart from some random restarts once in a while. Inbuilt video player is better than rockplayer, as it plays my HD movies converted to 480x320 768bitrate codecx264 much smoother than the rockplayer.

amit.mastermind said:
Yea, but when it will b launched?

According to spice, mid to late December. The OEM phone it is based on isnt out yet either(Huawei Ideos X6)

NinByChoice said:
Any news on the Froyo update for Mi-300? The Mi-410 runs Snapdragon?

Was there any confirmed news that it will get Froyo? Flash support is a no go, the proccy isnt powerful enough. Mi-410 runs a Snapdragon 1Ghz with Adreno 205 Graphics(Qualcomm MSM8255)
Roxtin said:
Waiting for the Froyo update if any. Upgraded it to Eclair and I don't feel the phone to be laggy apart from some random restarts once in a while. Inbuilt video player is better than rockplayer, as it plays my HD movies converted to 480x320 768bitrate codecx264 much smoother than the rockplayer.
Does it play mkv's? Or mp4/avi files encoded in h.264?

hunt3r said:
Was there any confirmed news that it will get Froyo? Flash support is a no go, the proccy isnt powerful enough.

The processor can handle it fine. If the HTC Wildfire with the MSM7225 SoC (528MHz processor) can handle it, then this one definitely can. Cyanogenmod based on Froyo is out for this phone. Im hoping the official release is in the works.

hunt3r said:
Does it play mkv's? Or mp4/avi files encoded in h.264?
The phone plays H.264 encoded videos fine. Just keep it to the native 480x320 resolution.

NinByChoice said:
The processor can handle it fine. If the HTC Wildfire with the MSM7225 SoC (528MHz processor) can handle it, then this one definitely can. Cyanogenmod based on Froyo is out for this phone. Im hoping the official release is in the works.
The phone plays H.264 encoded videos fine. Just keep it to the native 480x320 resolution.

Roxtin said:
Well I have not tried putting in a .mkv file but I used Any Video Convertor to convert my 1080 mkv to h.264 avi's and quality is pretty good.
AFAIK they only have Flash Lite support and not for full Flash 10.1. Good to hear video plays well. Would have been nice if it played 720p Mkv's tho :p

I am facing a strange issue since few days, my device will switch off on its own. Anyone else facing this issue? I have around 90mb of phone memory available, the phone is with 2.1 firmware and not rooted.

comp@ddict said:
Whats the gpu? For me gaming is a big plus on the phone. Gpu as in adreno or powervr and model no.
GPU is Adreno 200, same as the one present in the first gen snapdragons. Fairly capable

govigov said:
^^^ will the cyanogenmod work with spice mi300?

Yep its working. Ninbychoice has it running on his phone as he has mentioned

Back