Spice Mi 410 or Moto Defy?

DarkAngel

Skilled
Advantages Spice Mi 410
  • Better Processor and GPU (QSD8255 1GHz+ Adreno 205)
  • WVGA 4.1" screen (Larger screen but Welcomm A99 seems to have 262k color. So Mi 410 might also have the same)
  • Slimmer profile
  • Front Camera
  • 720p playback, HDMI out
  • 13.3k from SAHOLIC after discounts
-ve of Spice is that its relatively new, the camera protudes in the back and thus might get smudged soon.

Advantages of Moto
  • More rugged
  • 16M color screen and better quality LCD
  • CM7 available
  • Larger battery
  • 14.3k from letsbuy with a BT headset worth ~Rs.600-700
-ve of Moto is that it has higher SAR value.

Both run Froyo (Moto will get it shortly)

I am not going to root it straight away. Only after 3-4 months.

Usage pattern:
  • My major usage is playing games (Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds etc...)
  • Checking TE, Cricinfo via apps and browsing a bit.
  • Bit of music, videos
  • Occasional Snaps and video recording
  • I am planning to use it for 2 years.
I am super confused between the two. Help me out guys :huh:

My budget is 14k. So dont suggest Nexus S or O2X :p

Motorola DEFY vs. Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - GSMArena.com

Re: Confused between defy and mi410

I had a chance to look at the Spice MI 410. Loved the fact that it is a solid mass of metal and glass. Better hardware coupled with better internals definitely tilt the balance in spice's favor.

Got my Defy and using it for a few days now. HAve to say, the screen with 16m colours and the higher resolution + higher ppi makes it really awesome. Never believed Angry birds could look so cool when I played it on and Xperia. But on this it looks great. and with wallpapers from the background hd app, I am amazed at this really superb screen..... am happy with it except for the battery life.
Am on stock froyo 2.2.2 and the best way to increase battery life I have found is to turn off data transfers on your gprs/3g connections.... it lasted more than 1.5 days on that .... with wifi it sucks really.

am gonna root it today..... cant wait anylonger as i want to try out WIUI first.. any tips for a first time rooter?

emmarbee said:
Spice MI 410 vs Google Defy :)

I guess, the Motorola devices will get the update treatment just like the other two google devices after the current acquisition.

The initial comments by Google, talk about maintaining Motorola as a separate entity, so that would take a while.

At 1.9 ghz, the mi410 can now be called the fastest single core Android phone till date like the G2!

Not all phones can be oced reliably to these speeds though but mine works fine with no force closes or spontaneous reboots though of course as you'd expect, the phone does get very warm and battery drains pretty fast at those clocks.

We'll get vid control too through a modded kernel soon.

Currently running @122mhz -1.5ghz 24x7 with no issues.

Defy's prices have hit rock bottom in the last few days and its future is uncertain with the Defy+ launch

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

well the spice mi-410 where angry bird RIO and new version can play smooth without any lagg and no issue

cause the motor defy and samsung ace 8235 is lagg able where i have use my friend mobile and it is unplayable so the Spice mi-410 win hang-down ;)

Back