Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

No problem.. I decided to stick on official ROM only, I would rather avoid any sort of custom ROM.. those might be unsafe too... who knows if there is any spyware inserted... someone advised me to stick to official things

boomboom said:
No problem.. I decided to stick on official ROM only, I would rather avoid any sort of custom ROM.. those might be unsafe too... who knows if there is any spyware inserted... someone advised me to stick to official things

If you think like that then you will never flash any custom ROM, and imagine people using MIUI, Cyanogen Mod and what not, anyhow choice is yours

Actually Custom ROM tries to improve or rectify the things which official ROM lacks sometimes, and spyware can be in any APKs you install from android market, even they are not 100% clean. The person who suggested you this thing doesn't know the field of programming and developing well enough.

^ Hmm i understand so will wait for final rom with stable version from Android, so let see the latest version with new improve look soon :)

and p.s i already bought the new Spice- mi-410 today :)

I tried to install asphalt 6 to my mi410.installed the crack and copied the aspalt to gameloft but after launching, says you have to download 450mb to play it.

boomboom said:
I used to think like wise till I hit this forum and its members. Its all about taking risk and actually bricking your phone. For reliability I would rather stick to Maruti Swift, ...(which unfortunately I do not have.)
I have been using the wellcom rom, and I found it rather memory hogging. Strange since it is so less full of bloatware. Tonight I had a very stange episode. I had never earlier had the lag issue. Then I was demonstrating the CWM and recovery mode to my friend ( the one with the SG SII) and after a restart the issue has now pop up. So now I am an elite member of the club. Why has it cropped up now is an issue in itself. Just a restart, maybe. But I might go back to the CSL GB. I am gonna miss the Wellcom GB.

manu george said:
I tried to install asphalt 6 to my mi410.installed the crack and copied the aspalt to gameloft but after launching, says you have to download 450mb to play it.
no problem go ahead and download, if u have internet over wifi. Most HD games need some extra bits to work. Or else search for sites where they do provide links for game DATA. Download it from pc. Keep it in ur cell's mnt/sdcard/gameloft/games/asphalt6 folder.:)

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk

amsang said:
I used to think like wise till I hit this forum and its members. Its all about taking risk and actually bricking your phone. For reliability I would rather stick to Maruti Swift, ...(which unfortunately I do not have.)
I have been using the wellcom rom, and I found it rather memory hogging. Strange since it is so less full of bloatware. Tonight I had a very stange episode. I had never earlier had the lag issue. Then I was demonstrating the CWM and recovery mode to my friend ( the one with the SG SII) and after a restart the issue has now pop up. So now I am an elite member of the club. Why has it cropped up now is an issue in itself. Just a restart, maybe. But I might go back to the CSL GB. I am gonna miss the Wellcom GB.

Trust, brand and promise are so strong words. Remember the case of Toyota, not long ago, they recalled 1.7 million cars due to little quality issue. When we buy things, normally we buy brand. We were different this time and bought a phone, not a brand. Not knowing what a root, flash, custom rom etc. are, just a month ago, I could root my phone or fix its problem bcoz of the trust on this forum and its members. Coming to the custom rom theory, I am not actually adverse to try those. But trust does matter. TJ may be a big man in the Android world, and his custom rom may be a powerful one, but not as powerful as a promise or trust. I am not complaining here, after all a donation is a donation only and a promise is a promise.

My problem started in a similar fashion after I put my device in recovery mode using CWM for flashing wellcomm gb. Is the Cwm culprit then? Anyhow you are to use SUT L3 for flashing new rom, clean user data before that.

boomboom said:
My problem started in a similar fashion after I put my device in recovery mode using CWM for flashing wellcomm gb. Is the Cwm culprit then? Anyhow you are to use SUT L3 for flashing new rom, clean user data before that.

CWM is working ok and doesn't have any problems of any sort, No lag of any kind on CSL, why don't you think that Wellcom can be a culprit and why the blame on CWM, [strike]I understand how you feel when you are not given the access to the ROM even after donating but there may be a difference in understanding when he said that the RC1 is only for donators (means who have already donated)[/strike]

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

animated-news.gif
animated-news.gif
animated-news.gif

TJ_Style's Andro-ID RC1 is public for all, you can download it from Andro-ID - Indonesian Android Community

Flash This Zip through CWM for fixing Wifi Problems (The Problem will be fixed in RC2)

@ Arun.P

welcome to the spice/Mi4 club buddy :)

@manu george

even for me i had to download it over again after installing the asphalt and assasins creed. Not only that the sygic maps too the datas from other phones doesnt seem working. or we are doing some small mistake :) hoping to figure out.

@amsang
totally agree with you. its fully upto the user /owner to decide what rom he should stick to. i bought a videocon zeus one fine day after hearing nokia is leaving symbian phones. That time i was also totally noob with no idea on whats ROOTING (like jailbreaking for iphone) These are just terms if one take some time to find what it actually does he might become better than all of us. After all ONE can never learn Swimming sitting on the shore rite ;).

i have used CSL stock froyo for two to three days.I knew gingerbread is too much advanced than froyo with lot of new features.And after seeing the organised post on KASKUS i updated with magnum HD Rom first. After that i put WELLCOM ROM . But my wellcom rom too had the exact same WAKE UP LAG (this was first reported by Akhil he thought its a power button issue and asked for replacement) . When i started facing the issue i removed my memory card (16GB one almost full) and it was solved for two to three hours. Then it again started when there was no mem card inside. So i flashed with CSL ROM now there is no WAKE UP LAG issue yet but both wellcom and CSL rom showed RESTARTS.
1. when phone was getting hot over hours of voice calls.(temp reboot i guess)
2.when too many apps are opened up. (ram issue i guess)
So its not CWM Recovery !!! that doesnt have anything to do with this.It only helps to take a back up so that we can do all these :p
thanks amsang for reporting back the issues. atleast we can bring these issues to the devolopers.

@boomboom
Trust, brand and promise are so strong words!!

Trust !! you gotta trust yourself for thing you do and take responsibility of it. Cos none of us on any forum will say he/she will take the responsibility after all its your Phone !! But atleast we have tried it ourselves and reporting back things went well. My friend there are cases like last time when i was fighting with WAKE UP lag issue i have decided to RE-FLASH the rom using SUT-LR . It showed it all went well but when i was using i found out my CAMERA /VIDEO app didnt work and phone got stuck!! So i knew this was not right and had to RE-FLASH again one more time and it worked well . SO i want to say if you see some sort of issues in FIRST GO pls take time to try one more time and make sure this is a real repeating BUG or ISSUE . As far as i know i have played with videocon zeus and nokia phones a lot and learned all these things by trying and experimenting. And i was risking my time and money but i learned few things. So step up read and ask a lot and lets see how far we all can help you. If you are new to android take time in understanding the phone and OS. Then start flashing.(its just a humble suggestion )
Brand !!
Motorola too selling the same phone , huawei has it in some name , cincinatti bell has it....come on man just forthe moto logo we might end up paying 25k (ok moto has the gorilla glass :p) But samsung galaxy and other phones i have used my friends have it....trust me (again :p) if we end up putting wrong settings or buggy apps that too will crash.

Promise !!
To be very frank ... my friend we can never ever ask a dev what time he release a rom or how much work he can put. Dude i dont know how to make /tweak one. i hope you too dont. IF you have bought a samsung / motorola phone ..if you check their updation release dates ..its like after a year or more they release new updates and sometimes like famous DELL they will even stop (STREAK ) support and sales just like that . Atleast this ramadaan time fasting time (am hindu) few indonesian devs are putting their energy to create one and we can use it later when they gives us. One more thing if he gives the RC1 and if it has a bug it will be of no use and u might get scary to use any custom rom . so lets get it after intense testing ... :) what you say?
and ask me any help n doubts ..if i know or if i can find from internet i will sure help you gain some idea. (hoping you are new else pls forgive me )

@paarkhi
bro any info on RC2 :p ... cos i wasnt active in any forums for a week :)

paarkhi said:
CWM is working ok and doesn't have any problems of any sort, No lag of any kind on CSL, why don't you think that Wellcom can be a culprit and why the blame on CWM, [strike]I understand how you feel when you are not given the access to the ROM even after donating but there may be a difference in understanding when he said that the RC1 is only for donators (means who have already donated)[/strike]

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

animated-news.gif
animated-news.gif
animated-news.gif

TJ_Style's Andro-ID RC1 is public for all, you can download it from Andro-ID - Indonesian Android Community
Flash This Zip through CWM for fixing Wifi Problems (The Problem will be fixed in RC2)
Well, I am not blaming CWM or saying it becoz it is related to TJ. This is just a stupid question or feedback, so that you people can work on to find out the root cause. Because I know very well that this sort of how/ when/ why/ where doubt from non related persons help immensely to find out root cause.
Yes, I did feel but not bcoz that I had donated and not given access, but because of the fact that I kept myself waiting. Anyway, now it is pubic, let everyone be happy. All well that's end well.

boomboom said:
Well, I am not blaming CWM or saying it becoz it is related to TJ. This is just a stupid question or feedback, so that you people can work on to find out the root cause. Because I know very well that this sort of how/ when/ why/ where doubt from non related persons help immensely to find out root cause.

Yes, I did feel but not bcoz that I had donated and not given access, but because of the fact that I kept myself waiting. Anyway, now it is pubic, let everyone be happy. All well that's end well.

I think it was Indian Donators' Power which forced him to think to make the public release of RC1 (Although initially he said NO).

actually what happens is that the default language is Indonesian but when you start your phone first time after fresh flash, you can change your language. I think you remember where it is written emergency call on the left, change language on the right and touch the android symbol to proceed.

Back