Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

@paarkhi I did this for rooting
downloaded ClockWorkMod_Recovery_v4.0.0.9 and extracted it.
I replaced the recovery in the image folder then unplugged battery and rebooted.after that I send the su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed to sd card.
then switched off and hold volumeup volumedown and power button
but there is a problem
it doesnt come to recovery mode but it shows the download mode and vibrating.

manu george said:
@paarkhi I did this for rooting

downloaded ClockWorkMod_Recovery_v4.0.0.9 and extracted it.

I replaced the recovery in the image folder then unplugged battery and rebooted.after that I send the su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed to sd card.

then switched off and hold volumeup volumedown and power button

but there is a problem

it doesnt come to recovery mode but it shows the download mode and vibrating.

you must not have pressed properly, press correctly Vol Up and down (at the same time) and power button

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Flashed Custom ROM and I must say it is very smooth, OCed 1.4GHZ.

paarkhi said:
you must not have pressed properly, press correctly Vol Up and down (at the same time) and power button

Flashed Custom ROM and I must say it is very smooth, OCed 1.4GHZ.

Hi paarkhi, Have u used the custom rom? , from the video I feel its really great. Hope I can get rid of that Wakeup lag issues by using this ROM.

sajokj said:
Hi paarkhi, Have u used the custom rom? , from the video I feel its really great. Hope I can get rid of that Wakeup lag issues by using this ROM.
I'm on the custom ROM and its great, No Wake up lag or any app lag, very smooth....

@parkhi from where you got custom rom.please give the link
I did the recovery mod correctly.there is some problem.
I kept it in debugging mode while replacing recovery image and there is only a file named recovery(no recovery.img)
I replaced it.

manu george said:

I kept it in debugging mode while replacing recovery image and there is only a file named recovery(no recovery.img)

I replaced it.

I got the Custom ROM directly from TJ_Style and sorry I cannot share the link (really sorry) and you can wait for few days so that RC2 is released, it has the CWM in built and the file is .nb0 (same like as stock ROM) has to be flashed with SUT L3

Can't say what problem it may be?

It should be recovery.img (you may not have the extension on in windows so it shows only recovery)

Please don't ask me to share the link or related to that

So you mean to say that when RC2 is released we will have to Flash the rom using SUT L3 & it is not possible to flash this custom rom using CWM ROM manager..

tosh79 said:
So you mean to say that when RC2 is released we will have to Flash the rom using SUT L3 & it is not possible to flash this custom rom using CWM ROM manager..

Yes, I think so, can't say about RC2 but RC1 is to be flashed with SUT L3

paarkhi said:
Great dude.....

Expecting more update regarding new C ROM.........

manu george said:
I replaced it.

You replace it correctly dude.....
so what is the problem now.. Have you succeeded to get root.....

I failed to root my phone.I placed the extracted image of ClockWorkMod_Recovery_v4.0.0.9 to the image folder.then I copied the zip file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed to the sd card.but when I tried to enter the cwm the download mode comes and the phone is vibrating throuhout.

manu george said:
I failed to root my phone.I placed the extracted image of ClockWorkMod_Recovery_v4.0.0.9 to the image folder.then I copied the zip file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed to the sd card.but when I tried to enter the cwm the download mode comes and the phone is vibrating throuhout.

it means that the recovery is not properly placed, can you see the file extension on your computer if yes, then the filename should be recovery.img and not just recovery, if you cannot see the extensions then switch on the extensions... and try again. There is no reason that it should not work, please also check your download that it is not corrupted.

I am facing a strange problem with this phone and it has got to do with the display. Steps to reproduce

- Install any Dead Pixel app on your phone
- Tap the screen to get white background
- Keep the phone at the arm's distance

I do see a light black cloud like thing just above the hard buttons on the screen. It does not harm the readability on the screen but when you try to use scroll on the browser specially on white background with less text it seems to be visible. I am not sure if its backlight or a display problem

Has anyone of you faced a similar problem with the screen ?

That is very minor issue, we cannot complain about it, if we compare the specs with HTC DHD (apart from RAM) and SONY Xperia ARC then this phone has exactly the same features, Qualcomm Snapdragon 1ghz and Adreno 205... They are priced above 25K and we are getting the same specs in what? 13K...

boomboom said:
not finding a way to donate to tj style... i am poor in languages... even gody google (translate) can not help me

I've already PMed him on XDA and posted in a thread on Kaskus and got this reply

lz6gr5d3epggyd8blb0g.jpg

http://www.kaskus.us/showpost.php?p=492093452&postcount=3035

i am not a software or hardware guy but common sense says- overclocking the processor means overloading it. isn't that injurious to the health of the processor then? then why are cutom roms oced? just for the sake of playing 3d games? also it could mean shorter battery life and overheating the phone...

actually these modern CPUs are capable of somewhat overclocking (You can see from various examples like samsung is releasing their galaxy s as galaxy s plus overclocked to 1.4ghz) so no, it is not injurious to the health of the processor under a limit. Custom ROMs are OCed for various reasons like smooth user interface and yes mainly for playing 3D games, but you can control that with SetCPU, remember overclocking doesn't mean that you have to run your phone at the same overclocked speed all the time, it just gives you the facility of overclocking, you can underclock also and overheating is taken care by undervolting so it doesn't overheat and battery backup doesn't take a beating

Back