Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

dr_jimit said:
I think there should be a Wiki page for this wonderful mobile like this, so people can update this news in single page/site.

Also there should be a step by step guide for update/recovery/backup/custom rom install etc on this pages for newbies like me, who have their first android . ( did a lot with Symbian from days of Nokia 6600 to 5800 )

you guys are rocking here, but the thread is getting huge, n for first timers, it will be very difficult to compile an answer required from these many posts.....

Also guys what about a wiki about softwares/games for this mobile where every user can contribute bout versions/bugs/links/answers etc.. ??

Please some1 start a wiki/ Blog..........

-Dr. Jimit :D

I think for the time being one can highly go thru the first page of this CSL Mi410 (Foxconn FB400) Official User Thread and it is in English only

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone likes iPhone like theme and with 'Go launcher Ex'... can install this theme 'iPhone Go Launcher Ex Theme' from market.. it is free

Retested GPS at Home after GPS Patch:

Not Locking Indoors....or maybe its taking too much time!

Under open Sky

Using GPS Fix : Locks in 3-4 minutes (With Wifi ON)

Using GPS Status and Toolbox: Locks in 10-20 Seconds (With Wifi ON)

Looks like a working solution....will post more findings as i get to them

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I didn't get a fix at all yesterday!

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2
I am on RC 2 and not facing any problem with GPS...... getting fix within a minute only......

c_anuraag said:
Retested GPS at Home after GPS Patch:

Not Locking Indoors....or maybe its taking too much time!

Under open Sky

Using GPS Fix : Locks in 3-4 minutes (With Wifi ON)

Using GPS Status and Toolbox: Locks in 10-20 Seconds (With Wifi ON)

Looks like a working solution....will post more findings as i get to them

Same here, getting lock outside in your mentioned time period in both the softwares, but inside doesn't work at all :(

dear all,
My heart is beating at 120 per minute. This is my first attemt of anything related to technically.
I already installed CWM, flashed to RC1 with SUT.
Just flashed to RC2 with CWM... Hey its done.. My phone is not bricked...
Hurray

All me dear friends,
Thanks for all ur support. finally I did it. Now running on RC2. Now let me go and check whether i will be able to get a fix for GPS (beofre trying patch).
I have to set the Internet manually now. I have manually configured it, but its not getting connected. let me try some more time. See ye all tomorrow evening (if my internet is not fixing) or today itself from new RC2 from Kaskus, prof TJ style, thru techenclave by the helps of Paarkhi, Anurag, Free radical, Sajo, vivek, deathbearer (n counts continues to all those behind this)

Finally the GPS patch fix works.

Now only problem I face in RC2 is Screen Response. Its not all time.

After the phone goes to sleep mode for long time, when we click on the power button to ON the screen, the touch doest not work after unlocking(unlocking touch dont have nay issues) after that from the home screen if I try to touch on Phone (icon) or application (icon) or any icons on Home screen it gakes minimum 5 sec to open that app. by that time you would have touched the same app icon many times.

Anyone facing the issue?

Dr Benjamin said:
Dear all friends
please bear with me, as I am just learnin the new terms thats exactly opposit to ma proffession.:hap5:
can anybody expand the term RC1 or RC2? (just for info).
Please suggest me, should I upgrade my stock froyo to CSL GB 2.3.4 or RC2?
I just learned frm FR and Paarkhi, that RC2 and RC1 have some issues with GPS.
@paarkhi, can you please tell me the main advantages and Disadvantages as a user I may experience in CSL 2.3.4, RC1 and RC2?

@anurag: Du u think If I want to flash RC1, can I use SUT L3? (U mentioned SUT 1.8.2)

Please tell me how to keep a backup of the froyo. (only to show my innocent face to service centre, If something happens to the set :hap5:)
or right now I am in Mumbai, and within a month or two I May move to Ireland, so I can't affort loosing GPS:(

At last, I really appreaciate you all folks, for being so suppoertive and helping. Specially the efforts which you all have taken to go thru Kaskus, and updating us. (Infact I also tried to read something from their site, but let me learn the abcd of androidism from you all great teachers:bleh:)
This is just an addon as most of your questions should have /have been answered till now. RC stands for Release Candidate...techie terms...so 1 2 3 will the seniority as per release date. Just to depict the latest improvement.

I have tried going from stock to CSL GB and just for the fun of trying went directly to RC2 but using CWM update method. But it is not supposed to be done like that. Thats because RC1 is a complete rom update, while RC2 just updates certain core files. So RC2 is a fix or an update, rather the full firmware.
So whenever or if ever you decide to upgrade go from RC1 to RC2. Use SUT the latest one for flashing. It is by far the most convenient way to go about. It works fine for me (win7 x64) so should work fine for all.

To upgrade or not is your decision. Upgrades are basically evolution of the original to fix certain issues and to improve overall user experience. Everybody recommends updates. While CSL and Cherry are the official ! updates RC1 and RC2 are modified ROMS. but as usual you can simply go back to the stock ROM anytime you may feel.

SUT L3 is the name of the software. 1.8.2 is the version. i am using 1.7.4 I am continuing with it since it is working fine on my laptop. But 1.8.2, you should go for.

sajokj said:
Finally the GPS patch fix works.

Now only problem I face in RC2 is Screen Response. Its not all time.
After the phone goes to sleep mode for long time, when we click on the power button to ON the screen, the touch doest not work after unlocking(unlocking touch dont have nay issues) after that from the home screen if I try to touch on Phone (icon) or application (icon) or any icons on Home screen it gakes minimum 5 sec to open that app. by that time you would have touched the same app icon many times.

Anyone facing the issue?
i was facing a lag issue on wakeup. I was also having slow response, there was a certain lack of response all the time, as if there is something or someone trying to hold it back. But I suspect it is something to do with now doing a clean flash. Also there was a music.exe file in my fih folder.(Came from my office PC)
And I also have the light bleeding issue on the lowerpart of the handset. So maybe its a hardware issue after all. Confused but finally had to go back to CSL.

GPS fixed for me. Took a couple of minutes the first time but now its like an instantaneous fix with 7m accuracy. yippee. My friend harryneopotter would confirm (on the metro, while returning from the AMD community meet)

I used the v2.0 NMEA libraries.

ok sorry for the noob question .. by gps fix u guys mean first of all using internet also or only the gps on ?

also gps fix meaning it shows u ur position with the blue arrow right ?

Thank you for that wonderful news paarkhi

Flashed it.

Working fine @ 1900 MHz. No spontaneous reboot as yet but the rear indeed gets quite warm at 1.9 gigs.

cap201108202256.jpg

Think I'd keep it 122-1516 MHz OnDemand 24x7

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Thank you for that wonderful news paarkhi

Flashed it.

Working fine @ 1900 MHz. No spontaneous reboot as yet but the rear indeed gets quite warm at 1.9 gigs.

Think I'd keep it 122-1516 MHz OnDemand 24x7

You are always welcome bro, you know that, I will wipe dalvik and user data and will try again later and running on 1.5ghz is not good. I think the frequency set by you is enough for day to day regular jobs.

Scorpy said:
ok sorry for the noob question .. by gps fix u guys mean first of all using internet also or only the gps on ?

also gps fix meaning it shows u ur position with the blue arrow right ?

yes and yes

sajokj said:
So that mean all are facing the slow response. (just for few seconds after wake up) is it?
No slow response here

GPS....... Not Fixing Anymore, Tried Several Times Today

Also I have Noticed That When In Motion Like Walking Or In Car It Never Gets A FIX.

Anyways Going back To Stock Gingerbread (With Root)... I Don't See Any Difference In Custom Firmware Other Than Overclocked Processor.

Back