1) Andro-id_signed_v3.3-rc2.zip

2) FB0G-Andro-ID_V3.3-RC1.7z

3) cwm-recovery-fb0-v2.zip

4) SUTLR_v1.8.2.7z

5) update-fixwifi.zip

I think its not required to use fixwifi if we are flashing rc2

Do i need any other files

cwm file is just a rom file!

My brand new spice mi 410 is charging first time beside me: just brought and came home.

For RC1

Install and run SUTLR in your computer, extract RC1, show the path of extracted RC1.nb0 file in SUTLR, select erase data, and switch off your phone, hold Vol UP and Power button and connect your phone to the computer, Flash it. RC1 Flashed and rooted.

RC2

Put Andro-id_signed_v3.3-rc2.zip in the root of your memory card and switch off the phone, restart pressing Vol UP, Vol Down and Power (to enter in CWM), scroll down to select Install from zip and navigate to Andro-id_signed_v3.3-rc2.zip in your memory card and install it.

Navigation in CWM-> Vol up for Up, Vol Down for down and search key to select the options.

Thank you very much paarki.During sutlr installation i am getting an error saying that module tappcmdsvr.dll failed to register.hresult -2147010895

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Os is windows 7 x64 .I have ubuntu 64 bit also.

praxone12 said:
Thank you very much paarki.During sutlr installation i am getting an error saying that module tappcmdsvr.dll failed to register.hresult -2147010895

Os is windows 7 x64 .I have ubuntu 64 bit also.

Try SUTL3 SUTL3_v1.7.4.zip (may be because you have x64)

I have a confirmed issue with GPS which happens both with RC1 and RC2.

Wiped both data and cache to no avail and tried apps like FasterFix.

It used to take merely 10 seconds on the stock rom to give me a 20 metre accurate fix on Google Maps with agps enabled whereas I can't get a fix better than 600 metres (cell tower locus) now.

I have tested this both on default maps v5.6.2, maps 5.9.0 from the market and Sygic Aura for ~30 minutes.

Related to this, I am unable to install / use ownhere's patched maps.apk (both re-signed and vanilla variants).

Hence I believe there is definitely something wrong with the gps drivers / configuration on the custom rom.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I have a confirmed issue with GPS which happens both with RC1 and RC2.

Wiped both data and cache to no avail and tried apps like FasterFix.

It used to take merely 10 seconds on the stock rom to give me a 20 metre accurate fix on Google Maps with agps enabled whereas I can't get a fix better than 600 metres (cell tower locus) now.

I have tested this both on default maps v5.6.2, maps 5.9.0 from the market and Sygic Aura for ~30 minutes.

Related to this, I am unable to install / use ownhere's patched maps.apk (both re-signed and vanilla variants).

Hence I believe there is definitely something wrong with the gps drivers / configuration on the custom rom.

I had this problem since RC1 and Thanks for confirming, Any solutions? :( Should we go back to Stock CSL 2.3.4? I don't need OC 1.4ghz as I don't play HD Games on my phone.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I have posted it over at andro-id.net (post awaiting moderation).

Lets hope the final version has a "fix".

I posted in Kaskus, let's see for a reply, anyhow I don't use GPS much but it's always good that it works, can't say when we may need it.

Dear all friends
please bear with me, as I am just learnin the new terms thats exactly opposit to ma proffession.:hap5:
can anybody expand the term RC1 or RC2? (just for info).
Please suggest me, should I upgrade my stock froyo to CSL GB 2.3.4 or RC2?
I just learned frm FR and Paarkhi, that RC2 and RC1 have some issues with GPS.
@paarkhi, can you please tell me the main advantages and Disadvantages as a user I may experience in CSL 2.3.4, RC1 and RC2?

@anurag: Du u think If I want to flash RC1, can I use SUT L3? (U mentioned SUT 1.8.2)

Please tell me how to keep a backup of the froyo. (only to show my innocent face to service centre, If something happens to the set :hap5:)
or right now I am in Mumbai, and within a month or two I May move to Ireland, so I can't affort loosing GPS:(

At last, I really appreaciate you all folks, for being so suppoertive and helping. Specially the efforts which you all have taken to go thru Kaskus, and updating us. (Infact I also tried to read something from their site, but let me learn the abcd of androidism from you all great teachers:bleh:)

dear all
I have decided to flash woth RC2.
I have the following files
1. SUT L3 installed in PC
2. Andro-id_signed_v3.3-rc2
3. FB0G-Andro-ID_V3.3-RC1
4. cwm-recovery-fb0-v2 (i extracted and i got a file "recovery.img"

Just before starting with the flashing, I want the back up of the present 2.2.2 (froyo, to keep my warranty safe). Should I require some more thing to make a back up?
Please help me, I just read kaskus forum also, and happy to hear that there is a fix for GPS bug.

An Indian kernel developer named DooMLoRD playing with Custom Kernel from TJ_Style :) OCed upto 1.9ghz More Photos in the original Post

attachment.php

Dr Benjamin said:
dear all

I have decided to flash woth RC2.

I have the following files

1. SUT L3 installed in PC

2. Andro-id_signed_v3.3-rc2

3. FB0G-Andro-ID_V3.3-RC1

4. cwm-recovery-fb0-v2 (i extracted and i got a file "recovery.img"

Just before starting with the flashing, I want the back up of the present 2.2.2 (froyo, to keep my warranty safe). Should I require some more thing to make a back up?

Please help me, I just read kaskus forum also, and happy to hear that there is a fix for GPS bug.

Ok so all this is already there in this forum but a quick roundup for you...for Backup of 2.2 you can either download the Stock 2.2 Firmware from Kakus and keep it or you can upgrade to CWM Recovery and Take a backup of your image...

1. For CWM - keep the recovery.img handy

2. Shut Down your device - HOld Down Power + Volume UP Button - It will go into Download Mode

3. Once in download mode...connect the phone to your computer with USB Cable....it will find the device and install drivers.

4. Post driver install FIH Drive will show up in my computer...It might say drive has errors and needs fixing....IGNORE that...also if some virus scanner shows this as virus..DONT clean anything just ignore it....

5. Replace file recovery.img in the folder image....Copy the existing file in that folder and keep it as backup of original recovery..

6. Remove USB...Reboot the phone....

Now you are on ClockWorkMode Recovery....

How to take backup?

1. Shut Down Phone..

2. Boot into Recovery Mode (Power+Vol UP+Vol Down)

3. Use the Volume up down to move and Search button to select

4. Select backup and restore

5. Select Backup and wait for the process to complete

6. Once done use back button to move back to previous menu and reboot

So now you have a backup of 2.2 go ahead use SUT and flash the RC1 (Release Candidate) nbo file and RC2 using CWM using the tutorial that you may already have...Try the GPS Fix as well and give feedback.....

Caution: Any of the above steps if done incorrectly can brick the phone...so be very patient and read this forum and be very clear about what to do....all these questions have already been answered in details....

All of the above methods are thanks to great folks like TjStyle, Dhaway from Kakus...I am just doin Ctrl C/Ctrl V :)

Enjoy....

praxone12 said:
Thank you paarki,fs and tjstyle

Updated to RC2

Waiting for gps patch

Hey try the GPS patch from my post above and give feedback

I think there should be a Wiki page for this wonderful mobile like this, so people can update this news in single page/site.
Also there should be a step by step guide for update/recovery/backup/custom rom install etc on this pages for newbies like me, who have their first android . ( did a lot with Symbian from days of Nokia 6600 to 5800 )

you guys are rocking here, but the thread is getting huge, n for first timers, it will be very difficult to compile an answer required from these many posts.....

Also guys what about a wiki about softwares/games for this mobile where every user can contribute bout versions/bugs/links/answers etc.. ??

Please some1 start a wiki/ Blog..........

-Dr. Jimit :D

Back