Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

i was also following this mobile from Oct 2010 when spice launched its first teaser on youtube ...... Although they came with teaser so early, actual mobile sale started in mid of Jan 2011 in other countries. Because of stability issue of OS, spice didn't come up with same Mobile in India (Although they have launched in Malaysia) In India they came late but with bang....... Today I am one of the proud owner of my Phone which is capable to beat all high end smartphone in India....:)

Anyone else still having serious battery issues on the official Spice Gingerbread Rom ? My battery drained out overnight while I was asleep :(
And can someone point me to a Official Spice Froyo 2.2.2 rom (.nbo file) which i can quickly revert back to?

@suresh_linga -> Satiesfied with brightness. If you are directly under the sun thats an issue of course. Need to shade with your hand to make out stuff.

Just figured out something. The update link on the Spice Page has the file FB0-318B-0-5012-A01.nb0. I updated with this. This is the BETA rom right?
The final one shud be called FB0-318D-0-5012-A03.nb0 (right) ? Can someone please confirm? And if so, does anyone has the official Spice version of it (link please)?

Yes, because it was declared as beta when it was released in indonesian forums and then the final was leaked afterwards which has the higher number so there is a reason to believe that the spice Gingerbread indian version may be a beta

Hi friends.

As I had mentioned earlier, a friend of mine recently bought the Mi 410. He's pretty happy with the phone except for one thing. He got the dreaded black screen camera problem within 24 hours of usage. Is this a software defect or hardware? He also tried the RC2 custom ROM, but still faced the same problem with the camera. Is there any real solution to this or will have to ask for a replacement? Also, the Wifi problem with static IP hasn't been solved yet.

just received the Cover Case Screen Protector Huawei U9000 Ideos X6. I paid 1250Rs which is a little steep, but to my surprise I received both white and black versions in the package. Also there was a screen protector and a different cleaning device for the screen.

Since it is night, I will post the pics tomorrow. The listing is still on ebay, global.

The case is of a good quality. I thought the white looked hideous, but it does look good in flesh and blood. The case is a perfect fit, since it has been made for this handset. Everything fits in beautifully. The thickness of the case is sufficient so that the camera glass is not touching the table or anything.

Another dramatic discovery today. Its been a long time and lots of effort to isolate the rogue app which was bothering with my GPS location fix. Today again I had some issue the location was not to be found. A chance hunting on the market, came across app GPSfix. Opened it and to my horror found the fix took precisely 7 seconds! With GPSfix running in the background, both GPS status and maps took a few seconds to fix the location, accuracy of 5 meters. All this without AGPS enabled.
MORAL of the story.......hard to believe.....rogue app is google android itself.

manish_bhaumik said:
@pageisgod85 -> I still get the occasional black camera issue. It starts working after some time on its own. Dont use the camera as such so i dont bother. Not sure if its a hardware issue or software.

Thanks mate :) Well the thing is that his camera has completely stopped working now. It was an occasional thing for a day or two, but simply doesn't work now. Even a change of ROMs (RC1, RC2) did not help matters.
paarkhi said:
@PageIsGod, It's a hardware issue and replacement would be good

Yeah, we'll be going to the Spice CS guy tomorrow. Hope a replacement is provided without any issues.

suresh_linga said:
@paarkhi

Are you happy with brightness of this phone.

ok, mostly I'm indoors and the brightness level is on AUTO, in direct sunlight as Manish_Bhaumik said I need to cover it with hands to make a shade, but chaltA hain, compromise karnA padtA hain. I still feel that I should have gone for Moto Atrix (ebay bid and SnS Shipping Method)

Paresh1212 said:
I have updated to Official spice Gingerbread 2.3.4 and things seem to be working fine. I have uninstalled some apps like neuro, mapking, stock.apk, weather and news using Root Uninstaller, but unable to uninstall blueberry messenger & CSL funclub using root uninstaller. Don't have much problems with blueberry and csl as you force stop these apps.

- GPS is working fine getting a lock within a 20-30 secs while I am outside but it takes 1- 2min for getting a gps lock inside the room. (GPS lock might take 2-4 min when used for the first time set screen lockout time to 10 min)

- Battery life seems to have imporved on standby and phone does not get very hot while using the gps and battery drain in tolerable unlike foryo.

- Don't find much difference in the screen response(But would say it is slightly better in gingerbread). I was using Zeam launcher on the foryo and using the same on Gingerbread

Below are some of the things i will be checking for
- Random restart if any
- Video calling with skype
- Battery drain on downloads of 20-30 mb files (Edge or H)
- Battery life over 3G network

For Improving battery life I would suggest following softwares for Root Users

- Super Dim (For reducing the screen brightness) OR AdjBrightness(Ad supported)
- Keyboard backlight controller (For turning off the backlight, though this function is availabe in super dim)
- Droidwall (A must have software)
- Recalibrate the battery (This is not a software but you can use any of the battery calibration software for root users).

On the spice official Gingerbread ROM my phone was getting random restarts. Decided to flash Wellcomm rom as it seems to be resolve the random restart problem, read few reviews on lowyat.net.

The so called "official" rom from SPICE website (FB0-318B-0-5012-A01.nb0) is the Beta one for sure. Got the updated official CSL Rom ( FB0-318D-0-5012-A03.nb0) from CSL Mi410 (Foxconn FB400) Official User Thread and battery performance is now is good (at least as good as stock Froyo if not more). Didnt get any random restarts as such. And i still believe a random restart is better than the phone getting hanged and all you can do is take out your battery :)

@suresh_linga --> Even me using AUTO brightness setting. Seems to be OK but it wish it would get brighter faster under the sun automatically than it currently does.
Can we improve this speed?? Anyone?

Is there anyone who has never faced this camera problem on their phone so far? I mean if everyone faced it at least once, it must be a software issue right?

So regarding rooting Gingerbread we have only 2 versions so far 1) the long and complex unix method and 2) using the clockwork recovery?
Is there no easier verion still? Just run something and "BAM" , you are rooted (That BAM didnt imply bricked or an explosion :eek:hyeah:) ????

amsang said:
just received the Cover Case Screen Protector Huawei U9000 Ideos X6. I paid 1250Rs which is a little steep, but to my surprise I received both white and black versions in the package. Also there was a screen protector and a different cleaning device for the screen.

Since it is night, I will post the pics tomorrow. The listing is still on ebay, global.

The case is of a good quality. I thought the white looked hideous, but it does look good in flesh and blood. The case is a perfect fit, since it has been made for this handset. Everything fits in beautifully. The thickness of the case is sufficient so that the camera glass is not touching the table or anything.

Another dramatic discovery today. Its been a long time and lots of effort to isolate the rogue app which was bothering with my GPS location fix. Today again I had some issue the location was not to be found. A chance hunting on the market, came across app GPSfix. Opened it and to my horror found the fix took precisely 7 seconds! With GPSfix running in the background, both GPS status and maps took a few seconds to fix the location, accuracy of 5 meters. All this without AGPS enabled.

MORAL of the story.......hard to believe.....rogue app is google android itself.

still waiting for the pics of the case

@manish_bhaumik

Screen brightness is good. I happy with it, but want to know other friends opinions, it was the reason I asked.

Regarding 262K and 16M colors many confused. 262K is not far below from 16M. I am starting new thread regarding the same with technical details and with valid resources.

Back