Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

1) When I connect my phone MI 410 to PC as well as lappie (both on windows 7), it does not show any phone memory or Micro sd storage device, I simply get a pop up showing the device as cd rom with 0 memory ??? . when I googled this , people with other android sets also seem to be having these problems, but most of the time issue got resolved automatically .....any one else facing this issue or faced in the past????

==> After connecting to USB, check your phone.. one USB logo would have come on top. Slide it down and click on the button and your SD card would be accessible from laptop..

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Not so fast :(
You lose root access after you wipe data on the GB update.
So here's some advance warning for those updating to GB.
SuperOneClick with RATC / Gingerbreak etc. DO NOT work. Infact I don't know if its possible to root on GB as yet on this phone unless you have rooted on Froyo and not wiped data.
I am returning back to rooted Froyo.

Though yeah, first thing I did was root. next was GB. And now I am back to square one :cry:
Too late lol. i officially am using a Magnum HD now. It looks nice (cherry mobile splash screen is much cooler, notification bar is black)!!. I wiped data/cache before updating without having a backup ROM. Burned my bridges with Froyo basically. I can wait till a root exploit is found for GB.
When you said the LCD has a yellowish tinge, did you mean the yellowish graphical effect which follows your finger as you drag it upwards? When booting up/when on a all black page, i do see some light leakage on both sides of the lower screen. Other than that, i don't have any issues with the screen.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

akitosforever said:
is it just me or all owners of Mi410 , that the still cam quality seems below par.

Ok, calling attention of all android experts here:

Im having these issues , if anyone could provide directions , Id be grateful

1) When I connect my phone MI 410 to PC as well as lappie (both on windows 7), it does not show any phone memory or Micro sd storage device, I simply get a pop up showing the device as cd rom with 0 memory ??? . when I googled this , people with other android sets also seem to be having these problems, but most of the time issue got resolved automatically .....any one else facing this issue or faced in the past????

2) How do I put proxy settings on my phone , it seems there is no direct option by google/os to put proxy in connection/browser settings? If I install opera I can definitely put proxy in the browser, but still the native apps wont have access to connection , unless proxy is specified in the mail cnx settings.

Since I dont have GPRS in my phone plan, wifi is the only way to get my phone connected to the net.

I had given my self 5 hours today to setup my phone.......but cud nt even get started . :(

Any (quick)help would be appreciated,
well, cam quality is ok for me. At 720p, it looks great on the small phone screen though after transferring and looking at it on a bigger screen, you can make out the deficiencies. For 4*6 printouts, i feel the quality is sufficient. But quality is subjective so...

1. After you plug in the cable, pull down the notification bar, click on "USB connected" and click on "Turn on USB storage".

2. Sorry, someone else will have to chip in here.

A few queries to the other mi 410 users:
1) There are a few icons on the main screen for S-Unno and blueberry. When I click those the phone shows "Application is not installed on your phone". Do you guys get the same too and know what it is ?
2) Mapking icon was also there. When i click it it shows an error Invoke from /sdcard/MapkingData failed" and nothing happens after that. Do you guys get it too?
3) Figued out google maps but does anyone know of a free navigation software for India coz google navigation is still not up for india?
4) How to know total ram on phone ? Running services shows
Other : 46MB in 3, Avail: 104MB+120MB in 14. Does this mean only 270MB ram is there on the phone?

Thanks in advance for your replies. So far finding it a good phone. Had one issue yesterday where battery completely drained for some reason (last i recalled was 60% and aftre few hours the phone was not turning on till i charged). No issues today.

Also there is a green light which comes on at the top of the phone occassionally (even when i am not charging) Anyone know what that is for?

manish_bhaumik said:
A few queries to the other mi 410 users:

1) There are a few icons on the main screen for S-Unno and blueberry. When I click those the phone shows "Application is not installed on your phone". Do you guys get the same too and know what it is ?

2) Mapking icon was also there. When i click it it shows an error Invoke from /sdcard/MapkingData failed" and nothing happens after that. Do you guys get it too?

3) The google maps does not show gps location i guess coz the location is not accurate. shows a location which is at least 1-2kms from where I am. Is it the same for you ?

Does anyone know of a free navigation software for India coz google navigation is still not up for india?

Thanks in advance for your replies. So far finding it a good phone. Had one issue yesterday where battery completely drained for some reason (last i recalled was 60% and aftre few hours the phone was not turning on till i charged). No issues today.

Also there is a green light which comes on at the top of the phone occassionally (even when i am not charging) Anyone know what that is for?

Green light is indication of unchecked notification (new msg/missd call etc), so even when your screen is off, you knw via green light ,that someone tried to bother u.!

manish_bhaumik said:
3) Figued out google maps but does anyone know of a free navigation software for India coz google navigation is still not up for india?

Try Sygic from the market. I think it has free navigation. Not sure though.

2) How do I put proxy settings on my phone , it seems there is no direct option by google/os to put proxy in connection/browser settings? If I install opera I can definitely put proxy in the browser, but still the native apps wont have access to connection , unless proxy is specified in the mail cnx settings.

Since I dont have GPRS in my phone plan, wifi is the only way to get my phone connected to the net.??

anyone?

st00pfie said:
When you said the LCD has a yellowish tinge, did you mean the yellowish graphical effect which follows your finger as you drag it upwards? When booting up/when on a all black page, i do see some light leakage on both sides of the lower screen. Other than that, i don't have any issues with the screen.

I meant that it appears to me that the lcd backlight is like dirty white and not exactly off white. Cud be cause I am used to using a black status bar like on gingerbread (there was a gingerbread theme mod for Froyo on the Blade). Don't have any light leakage though.
btw. already bricked the phone yesterday while modding the framework-res.apk and services.jar and brought it back through the stock recovery :p

Loving the phone so far. Almost twice as fast as the Blade and everything works flawlessly. I don't understand the big deal behind dual core phones. This should suffice for the most of us.

Stop recommending the Optimus One / XCD35 guys. They are simply no match for this phone. This is a class apart. :hap2:

st00pfie said:
Too late lol. i officially am using a Magnum HD now. It looks nice (cherry mobile splash screen is much cooler, notification bar is black)!!. I wiped data/cache before updating without having a backup ROM. Burned my bridges with Froyo basically. I can wait till a root exploit is found for GB.

Actually no.

You can downgrade back to Froyo using the Cherry Mobile Froyo fw using the stock recovery. I didn't have a backup rom too.

Here's the one I used:

http://www.cherrymobile.com.ph/downloads/MAGNUM_softwareupdate.zip

Roots within seconds using SuperOneClick 1.7 and I value root access more than GingerBread.

Show your support to this guy folks:

New ROM!! With Preview’s!! | android4u.x10.mx

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

akitosforever said:

Since I dont have GPRS in my phone plan, wifi is the only way to get my phone connected to the net.??

anyone?

Try This

Goto > Settings >Wireless & network settings> Scroll Down You Will Find Proxy Settings

BTW I'm Running CM on My Samsung Spica, So Dont Know If It Will Be There On Vanilla OS.

I brought Spice Mi-410 From Sion-Mumbai Yesterday. I would like to purchase a SD card for this mobile. Without SD card this phone is useless rite?

Can anyone recommend a good SD card? any good offers online?. Will Class 10 will word on this phone, any specification before buying the SD card.

For example: MicroSDHC/MicroSD ect

manish_bhaumik said:
You can enable Google navigation for India. Go to XDA forums android apps and games section and you will find a thread of Google maps onwhere which you need to download to get google maps navigation enabled for India.

I for now have Sygic Aura and maps, Navigon and Ndrive installed and all of them work in offline mode.

You managed to brick and resuscitate your phone within days of owning it? :clap:

Damn, did i get a defective screen then? By "backup ROM" , i meant one to claim warranty with actually. Will just have to wait till someone dumps a Spice Rom.

Totally agree about the dual core phones. Supposedly, they should consume less power to run but seeing the reviews of the dual core phones out in the market, savings in battery life doesn't seem that big.

Speaking of which, one big reason i'm trading GB for rooted Froyo is my "Cell standby" and "Phone idle" consumed 9% and 3% power respectively in the last 8 1/2 hrs. In 2.2.2 those figures would've been in the 40's - 60's ! Display took 45% of the power. That was because i set "screen timeout" to "never" and forgot to change it for some time.

Btw, 8 sensors are detected now. Was only 6 in Froyo.

stag said:
i have flashed cherry magnum hd 2.3.4, but camera and camcorders are not responding ..

plz help.....
That sucks.Try flashing it again. Maybe it wasn't properly flashed the last time.

stag said:
i have flashed cherry magnum hd 2.3.4, but camera and camcorders are not responding ..

plz help.....

Try Installing Some Other Camera App Like vignette Camera 360 & Try.

U Will Come To Know If There Is A Problem With Drivers In The ROM Or With Application

Hope this Helps ;)

Not days. Same day :lol:

To be fair, I had learned some stuff while experimenting with my Blade. So I've got like 3 months of info on you :D

Changed my build.prop to HTC incredible S and fingerprint to Nexus S. Now time to get me some Gameloft love :D

@st00pfie -> I seem to have this backlight bleeding too from both the bottom sides when on a blank screen or something. But doesnt bother me at all.

Friends and family liked the pics of the phone :)

@raksrules -> Did u mean Google maps brut mod from the XDA forums?? and the other maps u meant "free" :AHEM: versions of the paid softwares for gps navigation?

@sajokj -> 8GB class 6 cards seem to cost almost double the same Class 4 cards. Seeing this I got a Sandisk Class 4 8GB card at 699 (could have got around 600 online).

@Deathbearer -> Thanks .. I will try out Android System Info.

@Atikos -> Thanks for the info on the green light.

And anyone knows what the S-Unno, Blueberry and Mapking softwares are which dont work? I feel they were there in the original ideos or something installed on the bundled SD cards but Spice decided to ship it without the SD cards.

Tried SWYPE ... works like a charm. Its the best :)

The mobile network settings -> Network modes show only GSM and WCDMA options. Does that mean the Mi 410 does not has HSDPA ?

Just to clarify ... does GSM means normal GPRS and WCDMA means 3G internet services?

Back