Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

paarkhi said:
http://www. e r o d o v.com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-6.html#post613265 (Remove the Spaces)
Follow this there is no reason you cannot root after following these steps and if you face any problem then post it here....
Just try it, I rooted again today just within 5 mins....
one doubt..... if i root and flashed my device, is it means I loose my all application which I installed till date........

Is it possible to take recovery so can reinstall them in one click....

Use Titanium Backup

vivekb said:
one doubt..... if i root and flashed my device, is it means I loose my all application which I installed till date........

Is it possible to take recovery so can reinstall them in one click....

Hi I tried rooting agian now. it didnt get rooted. I forgot to put the phone on USB Debugging mode, is it because of that.

Here is what I had done. Used ubandu

In the last step

Remove battery and turn your phone on and you should have root.
Should we need to remove the battery which the phone is connected to pc on usb or first remove the usb and then remove the battery? does this make a difference

??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Now to try to root again, should I need to flash 2.3.4 again or can I do it now at present stage?

OK...I just cant root...god knows what i'm doing wrong....MI410 with Cherry GB. Quick summary of what i have tried very slowly and carefully!

- Enabled USB Debug on the device

- Used Ubuntu Live CD to Boot

- Opened Teminal

- Sudo -s

- Sudo Nautilus

- Throws error 255 cant connect to netshare the first time

- Closed Terminal and Nautilus window

- Reopened new terminal, repeated above steps...no error this time

- shut down the phone

- rebooted in download mode (Vol +/--- Power)

- Connected via USB

- STUCK HERE FOREVER..Nothing happens....No new Nautilus Windows Pop up on Ubuntu...DOnt even get a chance to move the files to required folders..

Please help.....Asky...Paarkhi....anybody who has been successfull.....is there a minor thing which i'm overlooking or am making some silly mistake..!

Thanks in advance guys

Asky said:
Use Titanium Backup

Hey Asky, Good to see you here, I thought now you may not visit this thread as you must have sold your CSL-MI410, btw is your mobile sold and how is your SGS2 working?

c_anuraag said:
- STUCK HERE FOREVER..Nothing happens....No new Nautilus Windows Pop up on Ubuntu...DOnt even get a chance to move the files to required folders..

You need to mount the system folder of the phone manually by going in computer and then follow the rest of the process...

Just wanted to mention this :

Class 4 microsd works fine in my SGS2 for 1080p recording (with modded camera.apk for higher bitrate) and playback (butter smooth)

So the same class card will work well for 720p recording.

Why can't you guys just install Ubuntu and use it for ever, it is easy, secure and more stable while using internet. no fear of virus/trojan/malware/backdoor either. it will install side by side with windows in 6 easy steps .

c_anuraag said:
OK...I just cant root...god knows what i'm doing wrong....MI410 with Cherry GB. Quick summary of what i have tried very slowly and carefully!

- Enabled USB Debug on the device

- Used Ubuntu Live CD to Boot

- Opened Teminal

- Sudo -s

- Sudo Nautilus

- Throws error 255 cant connect to netshare the first time

- Closed Terminal and Nautilus window

- Reopened new terminal, repeated above steps...no error this time

- shut down the phone

- rebooted in download mode (Vol +/--- Power)

- Connected via USB

Please help.....Asky...Paarkhi....anybody who has been successfull.....is there a minor thing which i'm overlooking or am making some silly mistake..!

Thanks in advance guys

In Ubuntu go places menu on left side top menu bar. In places click on home that will be your nautilus. Nautilus is the file manager of Ubuntu. and home button brings up nautilus.

sajokj said:
How to clear AGPD data, does SYGIC can do it? should we need install any apps for clearing the AGPS data?

Till now I was not able to root my phone, tried many times

I used an app called Locus Pro. It's a very good app for navigation. Go in the settings and look for an option that says 'Clear AGPS data'. I haven't tried other apps but they too may have the option in settings. Also try to keep the option that says 'Use wireless networks' ticked in 'Location and Security' even if u turn off GPS.
You may have to try it a few times to make it work. Now i get a lock in 10 secs.

c_anuraag said:
Thanks for your response Paarkhi....how exactly do i mount manually...i cant seem to locate the phone/filesystem anywhere

when you have succesfully opened the terminal and nautilus (2nd time without error),

click on empty space on the desktop and then on the top goto places and computer, open computer and in computer you will find system (phone) click it and then it gets mounted, come back to nautilus (root privileged) and continue with your things, planning to make a photo tutorial but let's see...

paarkhi said:
when you have succesfully opened t he terminal and nautilus (2nd time without error),
click on empty space on the desktop and then on the top goto places and computer, open computer and in computer you will find system (phone) click it and then it gets mounted, come back to nautilus (root privileged) and continue with your things, planning to make a photo tutorial but let's see...
It will be great if you make the pictorial tutorial like what free radical make initially...

The problem with these shields is that they aren't made for the Mi410 so the edges protrude beyond the curved margins of the display panel and come off soon.

I had my phone laminated for Rs. 50 and the guy really did a swell job cutting the lamina exactly according to the rounded rectangular panel. Gives a nice texture too.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
The problem with these shields is that they aren't made for the Mi410 so the edges protrude beyond the curved margins of the display panel and come off soon.

I had my phone laminated for Rs. 50 and the guy really did a swell job cutting the lamina exactly according to the rounded rectangular panel. Gives a nice texture too.

So can you suggest any good screen guard? or should i laminate the phone too, but then wont there be problem a removing the battery after lamination??

Guys finally rooted mine on csl 2.3.4, those didn't get root after FR or Asky or other methods here is the solution,
1. After following all steps, keeping phone in download mode itself, open terminal, and run
sudo -s
cd /media/system/bin
chown root su
2. That's it u must have root after u restart ur phone.

I am really Fed up. Tried more than 10 times. Still I am not able to Root.

Here is what I do.
1. Booted using Live copy of Ubuntu 11.04 (on Windows 7 - Sony Vaio)

2. Connected wifi and Download the 3 files and kept on desktop of Ubuntu.

3. Terminal opened typed sudo -s

4. Then typed sudo nautilus (Got some error, so closed the Terminal and Nautilus window) and again opened Terminal and typed sudo -s then sudo nautilus

5. nautilus window opened with out any error

6. No conneced the phone is Download mode using usb to laptop (It already mounted automatically) - will it automatically mount?

7. Opened the system/app directory in the nautilus window draged the Superuser.apk file to this directory.

8. Then Opened the system/bin directory in nautilus window(same window) and draged the su & busybox files to this directory.

9. Now I opened a New Terminal and typed cd /media/system/app and then typed chmod 644 Superuser.apk

10. Then typed cd ~ and again typed cd /media/system/bin and then chmod 755 busybox and then chmod 6755 su

All these 10 steps are done, Pls tell me if I am doing anything wrong over here

Now here is the catch. While removing the battery (tried both the below ways)

should we need to first disconnect the USB and then remove battery?

or

Should we need to remove the battery with out removing it from usb?

When we remove the battery the phone screen goes off rite?

When we switch ON back after removin the battery , First I placed the battery back on the phone and then tried to switch ON, is this rite?

Accoring to the tutorial now we would have been rooted, but I am not able to root it.

Can anyone tell me where the problem is on these steps, am I doing anything wrong?

Pls help me guys

@Sajokj

Are you using FR's Files?

when it gets auto mounted then are you closing all the auto mounted windows except the one which you manually opened and has a root privilege?

(The answer to both of the above questions should be Yes)(You should perform steps only in your rooted Nautilus window and not in auto mounted windows)

Disconnect the USB and then remove the battery and insert the battery and switch it on...

Other than these things the steps seems to be correct and I just did them yesterday and confirm that they are working...

If you are trying on CSL and not working then can try Cherry or WellCom (Atleast to check)

Sorry I cannot help you more than this because you are following absolutely the same steps which I followed and got the root, Maybe you have a different batch of phone..

You may get ClockWorkMod Recovery within few days with flashable Update.zip to get the root. (TJ_Style from Kaskus forums is working on it and now as he has the phone it may be sooner than later, till now the only delay was the absence of the device with him but now he got it.)

I know how it feels when we try and don't succeed, the same case was with me until I got the root but ASKY and Huawei X6's steps were really useful for me from e r o d o v

Back