Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

The reasons how the spice is giving this MI-410 mobile at lower cost.

1. This is OEM model of at least 5+ brands. Someone else designed and marketed by many brands. Some of the brands who are selling this model may or may not be involved in design like spice. Who are involved will share all together design costs and spice like company go there and buy some minimum order quantity at least for re branding and marketing in India.

2. Some marketing brands will buy slightly under quality pieces or rejected pieces and market them at lower costs. This could be true in case of spice because some issues are found in MI-410 commonly.

3. The OEM manufacturer itself will manufacture a little less quality model and open for selling to spice like brands. In this case both will be knowing those issues. It might be the reason spice will not advertise this model. Once their stocks over that all to an end.

4. Comparison to other premium brands screen is not up to the mark and it is 256K color so they can save money here. The shell is not of a good quality one if you compare to Samsung and LG here also they can save some manufacturing costs. The hardware may be same with premium brands but getting out of it is also an important factor here are also they can save some costs. These points are excluding brand image.

These are the reasons we are getting MI-410 for lesser price which we believe, but actually not.

sony has also launched Xperia Mini Pro which has all the features as same as our phone sans screen size, resolution and internal memory, but sony has physical qwerty, 16M scratch resistant screen and the price is also almost near same..... So I don't think its a matter of deliberately supplying faulty or under quality hardware, its just no proper quality control. I still think it is VFM as no other mobile provides such features in so low price....

I had this belief that the Snapdragon core used in the MI-410 was of somewhat inferior binning and hence these were being sold cheaper.

But I have no reason to believe that now when I can do 1.9 GHz stable and can manage 1.4 GHz at even better vdd than most Desire HD users have achieved.

My only complaint is the meagre amount of ram (350 mb).

The screen is good enough and the 262k/18bit hoopla and touch sensitivity issue is exaggerated imho.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

RS4 said:
My friend's Mi-410 is getting camera freezing problem even after hard reset(stock froyo), heard that its common problem with Mi-410, any suggestions guys?
That should be for two situations. Opened out of the box and camera not working. Head for the service center immediately.
Initially working fine and then stopped one day....it has to be a rogue application, installed later. Now I am one of the few who format everything everytime I flash/update. But I am sure other must be backing up data/apps and then reinstalling it later. Maybe..

It has happened with me, so now i am in the process of isolating the rogue app which caused my problems.
So far the progress. all the good apps as follows.

Installed CSL GB, rooted, CWM, then installed DooMkernel, overclocked. installed anttek app manager, antutu benchmark and cpu master. Then angry birds, city jump, fruit ninja and blah, blah. Updated maps. Till now fine. But I am pretty sure it is an app.

amsang said:
That should be for two situations. Opened out of the box and camera not working. Head for the service center immediately.

Initially working fine and then stopped one day....it has to be a rogue application, installed later. Now I am one of the few who format everything everytime I flash/update. But I am sure other must be backing up data/apps and then reinstalling it later. Maybe..

It has happened with me, so now i am in the process of isolating the rogue app which caused my problems.

So far the progress. all the good apps as follows.

Installed CSL GB, rooted, CWM, then installed DooMkernel, overclocked. installed anttek app manager, antutu benchmark and cpu master. Then angry birds, city jump, fruit ninja and blah, blah. Updated maps. Till now fine. But I am pretty sure it is an app.

Its gone bad after 25 days of usage, it was working fine till now, have done factory reset with zero apps installed, its not my phone and my friend is not comfortable with flashing custom ROMs, so will ask him to go to service centre.

Never seen this kind of problem with Moto Defy or Dell XCD35 with stock ROM.

RS4 said:
Its gone bad after 25 days of usage, it was working fine till now, have done factory reset with zero apps installed, its not my phone and my friend is not comfortable with flashing custom ROMs, so will ask him to go to service centre.

Never seen this kind of problem with Moto Defy or Dell XCD35 with stock ROM.

It's a hardware issue and you are right he is better to go to Service center

paarkhi said:
It's a hardware issue and you are right he is better to go to Service center

Thanks for the confirmation, even i am convinced that its a hardware issue, service centre is the best option.

Hello Guys

anyone downloaded official 2.3 update from spice???

The new link with ~150 mb worked for sometime :ashamed:, multiple time interrupted :huh: and now the whole website is down !!!!:mad:

anyone successfully downloaded it please upload that 628d4ad7-4c46-45d7-8eb0-4dde07ad066c.rar file to other file sharing site please, I am waiting it for a long time.....

dr_jimit said:
Hello Guys

anyone downloaded official 2.3 update from spice???

The new link with ~150 mb worked for sometime :ashamed:, multiple time interrupted :huh: and now the whole website is down !!!!:mad:

anyone successfully downloaded it please upload that 628d4ad7-4c46-45d7-8eb0-4dde07ad066c.rar file to other file sharing site please, I am waiting it for a long time.....

Use The Custom Firmware........... It's Much Better Than Any Stock Firmware Out There :)

Help !! Help !! upto -100 mV ( 4 step) and 'set on boot' under-volting for all frequency was ok for my phone.. just under volt one more step today (total -125 mV and put 'set on boot') using 'Incredicontrol' seems ok until I went for rebooting .... now it keeps on rebooting just after reaching the home screen.. how to set it right? is there any way out? Or restoring from the backups is the only option left?

THANKS FR !! I was away and missed your post. nevertheless, I found a way out. I think I am right in assuming that phone requires more power in searching / registering to the network ... and the phone was failing to do that due to low voltage setting and freezing. So, as soon as it reached the home screen I just hit the power button and selected 'airplane'/ offline mode. then it didn't reboot that time and I happily entered the app drawer and picked up 'Incredicontrol' and set right the setting ... up by 25 mV ...

jalanrishikesh said:
I too had the camera problem after 24 days of usage. Had to get a replacement as they could not repair it even after 10 days.

lol, 24-25 days seems to be the breaking point for this phone :p

RS4 said:
My friend's Mi-410 is getting camera freezing problem even after hard reset(stock froyo), heard that its common problem with Mi-410, any suggestions guys?
Ask him to switch on Custom ROM...... will solve the problem definitely:)

hey guyz just upgraded to spice official gingerbread 2.3.4 on my phone
these are my opinion on the official build on spice mi-410.....
1.It is just same as the gingerbread csl update from malaysia,indonesia...!
2.There are apps which are of no use to us in India such as blueberry messenger,blueberry store,map king(this app doesnt,work shuts down itself)
3.nero backup & restore added with nero mobile sync. and myriad upnp remote and server.
4.Icon have gone more soft....a classy feel as compared to froyo.
5.no problem what-so-ever in updating piece of cake...stable build.

guyz pls can ne 1 suggest a way disable of even delete non working,unwanted apps?

max_s said:
hey guyz just upgraded to spice official gingerbread 2.3.4 on my phone

these are my opinion on the official build on spice mi-410.....

1.It is just same as the gingerbread csl update from malaysia,indonesia...!

2.There are apps which are of no use to us in India such as blueberry messenger,blueberry store,map king(this app doesnt,work shuts down itself)

3.nero backup & restore added with nero mobile sync. and myriad upnp remote and server.

4.Icon have gone more soft....a classy feel as compared to froyo.

5.no problem what-so-ever in updating piece of cake...stable build.

guyz pls can ne 1 suggest a way disable of even delete non working,unwanted apps?

Pls upload the file. The spice website not working.

Back