Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

suresh_linga

Disciple
Aug 27, 2011
Hello, everyone its official gingerbread update is now available on spice website. But how to upgrade there are no instructions officially on website or in the file.

amsang

Disciple
Jul 13, 2011
The hunt for the rogue app begins...:eek:hyeah:

Started off by clearing the sd card and then flash gb csl with SUT version 1.8.2(worked well on my win7 x64)

got up first to check the wifi and gps, installed GPS toolbox. Got a fix in 45 secs. I had selected the option of wiping user data.

Next rooted using CWM and installing the su zip file. Again went for the wifi check and the GPS. This time the fix was in even lesser time. By this time I even did a factory reset and cleared the SD card, but the net result is a rooted handset will fix the loc faster...personal experience.
Installed DoomKernel via the CWM update. With this the GPS fix time now came down to just a few seconds. So one things for sure, these are now out of my list of suspects. I have not gone for the custom ROM, since I found this way to be better.

there after I have installed my usual favs
Antutu cpu master for overclocking, Anttek app manager for removing the bloatware, QQlauncher for the eyecandy, and GPS status and toolbox(my fav).

No problem so far in both the wifi and the gps fix. I am now ready to find the rogue app.

Some unusual experiences.....

I have finally found a lazy pixel too....as I was standing in the dark waiting for the gps fix.

I had initial problems of getting connected to WIFI. Just to be on the safer side, I used my olivepad to create another wifi hotspot and got an instant connection. So there was some problem in my wifi router configuration, which I took some time to trace out. so you may all like to check.

I have overclocked to the max and guess what I am now ranked to topmost among csl devices in Antutu benchmark. It is so sad that the highest frequency achieved by the toppers is galaxy S2 1696 Mhz, Xoom 1704MHz, Transofrmer 1680MHz,OPTIMUS 2X 1600Mhz and so on..yeah I know these are dual cores and there is no comparison, but 1900mhz is still huge.

dr_jimit

Disciple
Jun 19, 2010
Deathbearer said:
Official Gingerbread Update From Spice Mobile India

Apologies, It Seems That Those Spice Jacka$$es Have Screwed Up With The Update File.

Frustrating....
Can only be downloaded with chrome

That is also currupted, can not be extracted to .nbo

Only 56 MB ?????

Some Problem..........

Official Update LINK

Works in Chrome only !!!!!

Update instructions HERE : towards the end of page, 0.33MB

I am going to Service center tomorrow, Hope it is not closed for 2 days.......

setonfire

Disciple
Jan 10, 2010
Nagpur
To all Mi-410 users,
I am looking to buy my first android this week. I am inclined towards your beloved phone.

Could you please give me a round up of the problems that you are facing with this device. I am fine with sacrificing on a few fronts keeping in mind the price.
However, I want to know what I would be missing out before I make the buy.

Please drop in your experience,

Thanks

Jul 3, 2006
I have ZERO problems ;)

except perhaps that I need a magnetic holster case for this which I am unable to find locally

I miss a singular feature:

Two way call recording which any Symbian phone can easily manage and which I could do on my previous Android phone, the Orange San Francisco :(

setonfire

Disciple
Jan 10, 2010
Nagpur
How is the GPS?

Screen quality? Dead/lazy pixels?

Screen response?

Camera?

Correct me on this, this phone has two-point touch, right? (The OSF too has 2-point touch?)

Application support?

Youtube app functioning?

Skype video call quality?

Music quality?

Have you tried Opera Mini? (I do not have 3g, will have to browse over EDGE)

FR, since the other phone I am thinking about is the Dell XCD35 and you have had both the OSF and Mi 410, I would take your word as final

The XCD meets my requirements but since I am going to be using this phone for reading and surfing mainly, the bigger screen is the 'major attraction'

Where do I get the phone from? Best price?

Thanks a ton,

c_anuraag

Disciple
Jul 21, 2011
setonfire said:
How is the GPS?

Screen response?

Camera?

Correct me on this, this phone has two-point touch, right? (The OSF too has 2-point touch?)

Application support?

Youtube app functioning?

Music quality?

FR, since the other phone I am thinking about is the Dell XCD35 and you have had both the OSF and Mi 410, I would take your word as final

The XCD meets my requirements but since I am going to be using this phone for reading and surfing mainly, the bigger screen is the 'major attraction'

Thanks a ton,

Dude this phone is way way ahead of XCD35...this is in the league of HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S1 (except the amoled screen)

No issues watsoever with any of the points that you have mentioned. Dead/Lazy pixels yeah maybe here n there...but wont affect your daily usage....bright and good screen. touch response may not be in Top league...but again very decent.

Best thing is Gingerbread already available officially and also CM7.1 on the way (under development)

You will get best price at Saholic.com...2 days flat delivery....or jump in to a spice hotspot store.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey Manu-

What I mean is its variable speed from 6-10Mbps...i installed SD Speed Test and checked its giving write speed of 10Mbps

details here : 16GB MICROSD | Strontium

tosh79

Adept
Oct 8, 2007
Mate,

BTW Spice MI410 & Dell XCD 35, Go for Spice MI410 with eyes closed, It is one the best VFM mobile out there, but some how grossly underrated device, may be due to negative opinion about Spice.

But believe me Spice mi410 provides you an experience parallel to 20-22k branded mobiles Like HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Sl, Etc, etc, All my friends and colleagues who checked the device thought it to be a new model from HTC given the nice metal ascent to it, but were astonished by the actual price, brand,Hardware features & performance of this device..

amsang

Disciple
Jul 13, 2011

suveer

Disciple
Jun 11, 2011
dr_jimit said:
Anyone got official ROM working?

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk
Idiots uploaded only some part of the update I think, how can it be only 56mb?

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk

manu george

Adept
Dec 3, 2009
Spice dont even know they are sailing one of the best smartphone.they provided the specs of 800mb of internal memory.and now gingerbread.may be a child can understand more than this.

suresh_linga

Disciple
Aug 27, 2011
Internal memory is 2GB but user usable is 800MB. Of course it is one of the best smart phones at present

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

setonfire said:
How is the GPS?

Screen response?

Camera?

Application support?

Youtube app functioning?

Music quality?

Thanks a ton,

GPS working fine

Screen quality above average, back light bleed at two bottom edges. 10+ lazy pixels on black background in low light conditions, but will not visible normal lighting conditions. Brightness is not up to the mark. But above mentioned issues are there in any another smart phone.

Touch screen response is good.

Camera is average

Applications support is good.

YouTube working fine.

Opera mobile, sky fire and dolphin HD working fine.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
My friend's Mi-410 is getting camera freezing problem even after hard reset(stock froyo), heard that its common problem with Mi-410, any suggestions guys?

Jul 3, 2006
I have heard of this camera freezing problem on several Android phones including the Blade and the Defy.

In most such cases its a hardware fault. It is imperative to claim warranty in such cases.

The Spice guys at the hotspot did assure me of a full refund in case of a hardware problem during the first seven days and limited warranty for one year and three months. Dunno about saholic people, but I guess people should make full use of the A.S.S.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005