Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

comp@ddict said:
any possibility of a cm7 port to this device?

Well, Dev TJ_Style is trying to port it but ......... (Directly in his words)

still can't porting the camera for cm7/miui.

also audio still have bug.

not work until now:

-camera

-proximity (work but still have bug)

-wifi (i'm not yet to porting wifi driver

-gps (haven't test gps)

Hi guys,

My friend Darvinder bought a new MI 410 day before yesterday and is very happy with the phone. He is unable to connect to WIFI on my Statis IP address which I know for sure that it works as I am using it on my XCD35. The phone was used yesterday on a Dynamic IP at other friend's house and the WIFI worked fine.

I am using Huawei WA1003A Wireless Modem. Please advice.

Also, can you please confirm whether this phone needs to be rooted for using the CWM? He intends to backup the stock ROM before going to RC1 through SUT and finally RC2. (he already has the shared stock ROM which was posted earlier on this thread but he still wants to backup the current one.)

^I think you don't need to root for CWM, just goto download mode and replace the recovery.img from the Image folder on FIH partition and boot in to Recovery and make a backup. (Please backup the original recovery somewhere on the computer)

pageisgod85 said:
Hi guys,

My friend Darvinder bought a new MI 410 day before yesterday and is very happy with the phone. He is unable to connect to WIFI on my Statis IP address which I know for sure that it works as I am using it on my XCD35. The phone was used yesterday on a Dynamic IP at other friend's house and the WIFI worked fine.
Nope. No connection using static IP address. I have a wifi setup and tried to allocate addresses to different devices in the house. This one resisted. I even tried mac binding, but does not work with a static IP. Have to do more research with that one, plus with other android handsets.

paarkhi said:
^I think you don't need to root for CWM, just goto download mode and replace the recovery.img from the Image folder on FIH partition and boot in to Recovery and make a backup. (Please backup the original recovery somewhere on the computer)
Thanks Paarkhi :)

amsang said:
Nope. No connection using static IP address. I have a wifi setup and tried to allocate addresses to different devices in the house. This one resisted. I even tried mac binding, but does not work with a static IP. Have to do more research with that one, plus with other android handsets.

Oh, so it's a problem with the phone? Hardware or Software? My Blade as well as 3-4 other Nokia/Android/BB phones work fine on the same WiFi connection.

pageisgod85 said:
Thanks Paarkhi :)

Oh, so it's a problem with the phone? Hardware or Software? My Blade as well as 3-4 other Nokia/Android/BB phones work fine on the same WiFi connection.
might not be exactly, must have something to do with the settings...will try to look into it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is anyone using video calling of BSNL. I am getting 3G and H but cannot make video calls to anyone.

Hey guys.... I am using this phone from last month and I am loving it..... Buying this phone was the best decision I made....... But there is a small problem some times my memory card data gets corrupted and it tells me to format my sd card... What may be the problem??? I use rooted stock 2.2

I have updated to Official spice Gingerbread 2.3.4 and things seem to be working fine. I have uninstalled some apps like neuro, mapking, stock.apk, weather and news using Root Uninstaller, but unable to uninstall blueberry messenger & CSL funclub using root uninstaller. Don't have much problems with blueberry and csl as you force stop these apps.

- GPS is working fine getting a lock within a 20-30 secs while I am outside but it takes 1- 2min for getting a gps lock inside the room. (GPS lock might take 2-4 min when used for the first time set screen lockout time to 10 min)

- Battery life seems to have imporved on standby and phone does not get very hot while using the gps and battery drain in tolerable unlike foryo.

- Don't find much difference in the screen response(But would say it is slightly better in gingerbread). I was using Zeam launcher on the foryo and using the same on Gingerbread

Below are some of the things i will be checking for

- Random restart if any

- Video calling with skype

- Battery drain on downloads of 20-30 mb files (Edge or H)

- Battery life over 3G network

For Improving battery life I would suggest following softwares for Root Users

- Super Dim (For reducing the screen brightness) OR AdjBrightness(Ad supported)

- Keyboard backlight controller (For turning off the backlight, though this function is availabe in super dim)

- Droidwall (A must have software)

- Recalibrate the battery (This is not a software but you can use any of the battery calibration software for root users).

Paresh1212 said:
I have updated to Official spice Gingerbread 2.3.4 and things seem to be working fine. I have uninstalled some apps like neuro, mapking, stock.apk, weather and news using Root Uninstaller, but unable to uninstall blueberry messenger & CSL funclub using root uninstaller. Don't have much problems with blueberry and csl as you force stop these apps.

- GPS is working fine getting a lock within a 20-30 secs while I am outside but it takes 1- 2min for getting a gps lock inside the room. (GPS lock might take 2-4 min when used for the first time set screen lockout time to 10 min)

- Battery life seems to have imporved on standby and phone does not get very hot while using the gps and battery drain in tolerable unlike foryo.

- Don't find much difference in the screen response(But would say it is slightly better in gingerbread). I was using Zeam launcher on the foryo and using the same on Gingerbread

Below are some of the things i will be checking for

- Random restart if any

- Video calling with skype

- Battery drain on downloads of 20-30 mb files (Edge or H)

- Battery life over 3G network

For Improving battery life I would suggest following softwares for Root Users

- Super Dim (For reducing the screen brightness) OR AdjBrightness(Ad supported)

- Keyboard backlight controller (For turning off the backlight, though this function is availabe in super dim)

- Droidwall (A must have software)

- Recalibrate the battery (This is not a software but you can use any of the battery calibration software for root users).

Thank you very much I have been waiting for detailed feedback longtime.

suresh_linga said:
Thank you very much I have been waiting for detailed feedback longtime.
dear friend..... don't care what spice going to offer, its android platform, gives you liberty to test yourself, to set your device as per your need......:)

Just want to say go for RC 2, its good, at least better than stock one or updated one provided by these spice guys ..............:)

Yup..I agree with Vivek...at the end of the day its still stock firmware so nothing special. I am on RC2 with DoomKernal v2...have undervolted frequencies...running in 1.4 Ghz OC,,no heating, 30-35 hours battery life with Edge Sync On, moderate Wifi and gaming like NFS Shift etc. No Restarts....GPS Locks fine....

Hello friends, Yes the device is good so I purchased two. Really speaking now a days there is no meaning of brand. If the device is OK and the price is good go for it that's all.

Back