Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

manish_bhaumik said:
Is there anyone who has never faced this camera problem on their phone so far? I mean if everyone faced it at least once, it must be a software issue right? Is there no easier verion still? Just run something and "BAM" , you are rooted

I and Free Radical (AFAIK) never had any problem with the camera, and yes the BAM is only CWM Rooting at the moment ;)

@ manish bhowmik... me too never faced camera problem...

@suresh_linga.. afaik 262k and 16m colors depths do not make much of a difference.. specially with the naked eyes one can not see the difference... sometimes 262k colors are even better and it consumes less battery..what matters the most is the resolution.. Xperia x10 has only 64k colors

16.7M does matter. Manufactures say simply 16M it can be 16.2M which is dithered to 16.2M from 262K. Because cheaper LCD can basically produce 262K only. So you will not notice much difference. But in case of 16.7M dithering or FRC technology is not used. By complex hardware and software algorithm color is achieved by addressing each sub pixel. Which is often used in high end LCD and it is the true color. Example Iphone retina display.

Being accustomed to my eIPS display on my rig, I can clearly make out the difference between 262k and 16mil :(

To be honest, the display indeed does look quite washed out in comparison to SGS i9003. Although the big screen does hold merit over the small display of the Defy, but in comparison to SGS and Nexus S, the display simply sucks.

iPhone retina display is simply wow.

Can't have everything at that price

paarkhi said:
@PageIsGod, It's a hardware issue and replacement would be good

paarkhi said:
I and Free Radical (AFAIK) never had any problem with the camera, and yes the BAM is only CWM Rooting at the moment ;)
Thanks for the inputs Paarkhi. It was my phone which pageisgod85 was asking about and we did go to the Service Center. They did check it out and found it to be the hardware problem. They have given me the sealed boxed with the phone in it which I have to get to the Spice Hotspot to get a brand new one. I hope this one is good.

manish_bhaumik said:
@Paarkhi .. Thanks for the links. I also got the dumps from

CSL Mi410 (Foxconn FB400) Official User Thread

@pageisgod85 -> I still get the occasional black camera issue. It starts working after some time on its own. Dont use the camera as such so i dont bother. Not sure if its a hardware issue or software.
That is exactly what I intended to do. I also would have used the flash as a torch but the camera just dropped dead which was totally not acceptable.

zailer said:
i too am getting the camera issue .. it works fine after a reboot of switch off .. but .. this is scary :(
Be very careful and the moment it stops working run to the nearest Spice Service Center.

Guys I am going to get the replacement today and I have read most of the pages of this thread but it would be a great help if you guys summarized the things I need to check when I get the phone in my hands tomorrow. I know the first thing to check and that is the camera and the video recording. I would do several tests with it on the Hotspot itself. Can you guys please add more points for me to check to make sure the phone is good?

suresh_linga said:
@paarkhi

I observed that mobo player is reducing screen brightness automatically while playing when compared to stock player. are you observed it.

Swipe the left side of the screen vertically in mobo player to adjust brightness.

Swipe the right side of the screen to change volume.
Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

suresh_linga said:
Hi all, Spice MI-720 tablet released good specs.

I am not happy with spec....... this is real scrap...... even my mobile is having higher version of hardware quality ..... will never think for MI 720 but will definitely look for Notion Ink ADAM.... awesome spec with awesome platform....

Hello, McAfee today announced that Android is the most affected mobile OS by malware. Their latest research show 76% affected. So any one protecting your MI-410, share with us.

Back