[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

:mad:
No Lady Stoneheart or even Coldhands. WTF.

A good episode overall which progresses the story, but it doesn't have the sense of completeness that the previous finales had. They've also progressed Jamie's story very fast, he shouldn't have been there so fast. He must've come after the PW.

:mad:
No Lady Stoneheart or even Coldhands. WTF.

A good episode overall which progresses the story, but it doesn't have the sense of completeness that the previous finales had. They've also progressed Jamie's story very fast, he shouldn't have been there so fast. He must've come after the PW.

Agreed.

Season 4 will be awesome, probably the best if done right.

It will be more than awesome. They have so many things to do, almost half the episodes will be epic climaxes. No need to wait for the 9th episode.

You know they make their 9th episodes intentionally very interesting, especially as per me SO2E09 and SO3E09 are very good to see.
Also on imdb, SO2E09 and SO3E09 has got highest rating in individual episodes rating 9.4 and 9.8 respectively which is highest among all episodes.

You know they make their 9th episodes intentionally very interesting, especially as per me SO2E09 and SO3E09 are very good to see.
Also on imdb, SO2E09 and SO3E09 has got highest rating in individual episodes rating 9.4 and 9.8 respectively which is highest among all episodes.
I know, but having read the books, I know that there are still many impressive things left to be done. As all of these have to be dealt with in the next season itself, they don't have to build up towards the ninth episode. They can actually have an epic climax every second episodes.

Purple Wedding, Battle at the Wall, Oberyn vs. Gregor, Tywin's murder, Lysa's murder, Jon becoming a Lord Commander, Stannis' arrival, and the most epic of them all, Lady Stoneheart.

Okay, I am never coming to this topic. Sometimes it just hard to resist opening the spoilers and sometimes its just stupid random clicks. :(

Damn i hate the spoilers too..... looking at whats in store i cant wait till the next season ... why do they have to release em in such small installments ... 20 Eps per season would be blissful

I know, but having read the books, I know that there are still many impressive things left to be done. As all of these have to be dealt with in the next season itself, they don't have to build up towards the ninth episode. They can actually have an epic climax every second episodes.

Purple Wedding, Battle at the Wall, Oberyn vs. Gregor, Tywin's murder, Lysa's murder, Jon becoming a Lord Commander, Stannis' arrival, and the most epic of them all, Lady Stoneheart.

So many characters will die next season.

Do not click if you have not read A Storm of Swords or click just for the lulz :p

Balon Greyjoy
Ygritte
Joffrey
Shae
Tywin
Oberyn Martell
Sandor Clegane (still think he is alive and living as gravedigger)
Gregor Clegane
Lysa Arryn

One thing that really bugs me is whether Robb knew that Jaime was captured again and being held in custody at Harrenhall? How come not even a bit of the information about Jamie's capture, and then subsequent free release reached Robb's ear "ever"(thus giving him a hint of Roose's betrayal)?

I think Roose Bolton has already switched sides to Lannisters by the time Jamie reached Harrenhall. This is the reason why he asked him to tell Tywin that he(Roose) played no part in Jamie's maiming. An event as big as this can't be kept hushed(also Jamie used to roam nearly freely in Harrenhall anyway to come to notice for all the guards). Surely one of the northmen would have communicated this information to Robb ever before the Red Wedding?

Another thing whose concept I haven't been able to grasp up properly yet is why Jaime looked down upon simply because he killed the Mad King, but nobody says a bad word for Ned and Robert for starting a rebellion?

I get that Jamie was sworn an oath to protect the king. But so what? Ned and Robert were sworn an oaths too to remain loyal to the king. If it was okay for Jon Arryn, Ned and Robert to start a rebellion because of king's madness and injustice, then why was is it not okay for his Kingsguard(Jamie) to kill him? I think that it is bullshit from Ned part to believe that he is justified in rebelling against his king, but that Jaime isn't. It's not like any of the rebels(Ned and Robert) had any intention of letting Aerys live. Hell, I don't see a difference or even a tinge of bad character/decision from Jamie's part in this. If Jaime is guilty, then all the rebels are equally guilty, and if they aren't guilty, then neither is he.

Can someone clear up this for me? @blkrb0t

I just completed ACoK book, but I'm up-to-date with the show, so mark any future spoilers. Though I think it won't be required as my question mainly deals with backstory.

Last edited by a moderator:
@XTechManiac

The rebellion was not started only because he was a mad king, but a lot of other factors. After Rhaegar Targaryen allegedly kidnapped Lyanna Stark, Rickard Stark (Ned's father) and Brandon Stark (his brother) went to Aerys II to complain about it. He took the complaint equivalent to treason and had them cruelly killed. He had Rickard burned by suspending him above fire while Brandon was strapped with a cord around hid neck. Brandon strangled himself trying to save his father while he was roasted.

Jamie witnessed this event beside the Mad King. After that, the Mad King ordered Jon Arryn (of Vale) to send him the heads of Robert and Ned (who were wards of Arryn at that time). Jon Arryn instead denied the request and declared against the king. Thus, the rebellion was started.

Ned's disgust of Jaime is that he is a sworn brother of the Kingsguard, sworn to protect the king to his death. Honour means a lot to Ned. Ned or Robert killing the Mad King in battle or war is okay as that's what war is about, but your own sworn sword killing you is treachery. Jaime had his own reasons though, which he doesn't say to many. But he also had other ulterior motives; refusing to fight against his father and also allowing his father to have the children of Aerys killed etc...

Ned was disgusted not only with Jaime, but with everyone else after that, even Robert. When Tywin presented the brutally murdered kids to Robert, Ned was not happy; he even had a fight with Robert. He soon left to the Tower of Joy with five companions to rescue his sister; one of the companions was Howland Reed (the father of Jojen and Meera). However, after fighting with the Kingsguard over there, only he and Howland Reed were left. Lyanna died soon after, but not before she made a promise, which keeps haunting Ned throughout the first book.

Ned never has left his honour stray from him. Even his "bastard" son may be a lie to protect for a good cause; the death of Ashara Dayne too (she might be Jojen and Meera's mother for all we know).

Jaime is also a complex character. All the "evil" things he did somehow revolve around his love for his sister, which doesn't mean he is not completely responsible at all. He learns what a stupid "in-love" guy he had been all his life and tries to make amends after he lost his hand. But he doesn't want to betray House Lannister also, so he's kind of walking on a thin rope right now (till where you've read and seen).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back