Storage Solutions ST3500320AS 7200.11 Dead, Seagate is giving Replacement with DATA RECOVERY.

Asking for Reps is not the best thing to do @ TE. Refrain from doing so, if someone finds your post useful they will add to your reputation.

It's anyways just a virtual thingie and not necessarily proportional to to your knowledge or expertise.:).

dude, where did you give your hdd for service. You directly sent it to Singapore ?

I am in Chennai. What am i supposed to do if my hdd goes kaput and i want the replacement HDD with all my data ???

Its been taken by overnte express ppl to Cuddalore (tamil nadu) ....if yr hdd is in the firmware defect category. which u neeed to call the customer care (mentioned on 1st post of this thread) and ask them...

Fellas... I got a callback from SEAGATE (Cuddalore service centre-Tamilnadu)... they UPDATED The firmware ... but now they are saying that the har drive is not spinning up.. problem in the motor... Cannot be recovered by them.. Gave me 2 options 1. New drive replacement 2.send back the same drive... well i have asked them to send them the drive back.. will try in a few data recovery centres in bangalore ... otherwise get a replacement from RMA-Accel Frontline bangalore.... AFTER HAVING A SERVICE CENTRE IN INDIA these people are saying like this and cannot repair the drives....

hemant0285 said:
Fellas... I got a callback from SEAGATE (Cuddalore service centre-Tamilnadu)... they UPDATED The firmware ... but now they are saying that the har drive is not spinning up.. problem in the motor... Cannot be recovered by them.. Gave me 2 options 1. New drive replacement 2.send back the same drive... well i have asked them to send them the drive back.. will try in a few data recovery centres in bangalore ... otherwise get a replacement from RMA-Accel Frontline bangalore.... AFTER HAVING A SERVICE CENTRE IN INDIA these people are saying like this and cannot repair the drives....

Hi,

I have Exactly the same issue, i had a st3500620AS.. got bricked... contacted seagate.. drive was picked up by overnite express and shipped to Chennai...
I also got a notice that my hard disk is not spinning up and wont be given data recovery..... I checked it before sending and it was spinning up all right...
I also have ~450 GB of Movies etc on the disk thati dont want to loose... Im in chandigarh and there are not even many options for data recovery...
Seagate is trying to cheat us... im sure the drive was spinning up just fine and i packed it in corrugated box with foam, so no transport damage could have occured....
I posted in their own support forum here:
Re: HOW TO FIX BRICKED DRIVES WITH SEAGATE TECH SUPPORT - Internal (ATA and Serial ATA) drives - Seagate Community Forums

Please go there and put this up... Everyone should be alerted about the wrong doing of this company...
Contact me with any progress on this....

By the way if the data is very very important to you and you dont mind spending a good amount (anything between 20-50k :p). get it done from Professional data recovery guys.

In chandigarh ,Amarbir @ Lynx will be your best bet , I think data recovery his main job these days ,along with the e-store.

FaH33m said:
By the way if the data is very very important to you and you dont mind spending a good amount (anything between 20-50k :p). get it done from Professional data recovery guys.
In chandigarh ,Amarbir @ Lynx will be your best bet , I think data recovery his main job these days ,along with the e-store.

Thanks, have already left a message with Amarbir...
But im in no position to give anything near the amount you posted...
Like i said i had movies and songs on that disk.. they are not irreplaceable... but it would be inconvenient to download all of them again... so i was thinking of getting datarecovery...
Its just that it is a generic fault with these seagate drives and they are treating indian customers soo badly in comparison to others... its an infinitely small chance that my and hemant0285's drive was ok before shipping and stopped spinning upon reaching their lab...

I contacted a Data Recovery solution in Bangalore and they are saying that the Head System of the drive is gone... they are gonna give me a price quote by tomorrow...lets see.. but this seagate ppl are really cheats..

hemant0285 said:
I contacted a Data Recovery solution in Bangalore and they are saying that the Head System of the drive is gone... they are gonna give me a price quote by tomorrow...lets see.. but this seagate ppl are really cheats..

Exactly, they are cheats... So please put it up in any forums you visit.. especially the seagate forum that i gave you the link to... it will make sure that everyone knows what they are doing, so people wont buy products from such companies, and companies will stop cheating people in the future....

ii don know really whether the head system is gone.. or they are jus goin to flush the firmware (which i suppos the seagate ppl did not do and simply sent me back the drive)

guptavis said:
Exactly, they are cheats... So please put it up in any forums you visit.. especially the seagate forum that i gave you the link to... it will make sure that everyone knows what they are doing, so people wont buy products from such companies, and companies will stop cheating people in the future....

m not able to post in the seagate forum.. it says not more than 20000 characters.
my content was small only..

hemant0285 said:
I got my Data Recovered By DATA STORAGE SOLUTIONS,, Bangalore... Drive s Head was changed.. costed me 3k

Thanks... Will get my drive back tomorrow... I hope it does not cost more than that....
So did you get the same drive back repaired or did you have to buy another one to put the data onto ?

guptavis said:
Thanks... Will get my drive back tomorrow... I hope it does not cost more than that....
So did you get the same drive back repaired or did you have to buy another one to put the data onto ?

@guptavis where did u give your drive for recovery..???

i got the same drive back from seagate .. no recovery from their side and then got it repaired at Bangalore (3rd Party recovery centre ... they changed the head-assembly and it costed me 3k) and they also told me tat i can take data backup in another drive and they will get me a replacement of new drive.... they got some tie-up with seagate..

Back