Storage Solutions ST3500320AS 7200.11 Dead, Seagate is giving Replacement with DATA RECOVERY.

hemant0285 said:
I have a seagate St3500320AS (500gb) 7200.11 hdd which is dead
--NOT DETECTED BY BIOS..

but on contacting Segate customer care 0008004401392 (some toll free kind of ISD number charged at Rs 1 per minute .. I guess this customer care s located at Singapore... As they work only from 8am to 5:30 pm Singpr Std Time)

Called this number, picked up by someone in India itself. flatly refused to offer any data recovery service for a 7200.10 model.

diabloReigns said:
Called this number, picked up by someone in India itself. flatly refused to offer any data recovery service for a 7200.10 model.

are u sure, coz when i called it reached Singapore, n i spoke with a girl named

Onuwa Nikasia

Hey guys my HDD ST3500320AS 7200.11 is dead. So im thinking it to send to the shop from where i bought it. How many days will it take me to get the replacement??

diabloReigns said:
Update: the harddisk cranked again 3 days after I received from Sudheer and that was it. back to square one now.

i had given my hdd for recovery to sudheer and got it back (recovered nd repaired) and he told me that he would "Get me a hdd replacement from Seagate- as THEIR company is authorised to open the hdds for repair and still get replacement"........ ITS BEEN MORE THAN A MONTH>> HE IS GIVING ME OUT REASONS>> and STILL I HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY REPLACED HARDDISK FROM HIM>>> Last week he said your hdd has come .. come and collect ... when i calledd him (more than 10 times... everytime he says i am busy come later) at last he says that,, Seagate has given a FAULTY-NEW Hdd.. so come after 10 days... I DON KNOW IF HE IS FOOLING ME OR WATS THE CASE>> I am waiting for another week then I will call up his company and complain...

diabloReigns said:

IN That Singapore Call centers INDIANS WORK... tats y Some indian would have responded to your call... and ya I think 7200.10 is not applicable for recovery..

Doubleseven said:
Following are mt HD specifications :

st3500320as
firmware : 3d15

But the girl who attended my call from seagate customer care said that my harddisk does not fall under the faulty category..
Why is it so ?

Please help

I treied to give my HD in the seagate service centre in chennai. The guys in there said that HD repair can done or Replacement is possible but not Data Recovery...

What exactly is happening ???

Doubleseven said:
I treied to give my HD in the seagate service centre in chennai. The guys in there said that HD repair can done or Replacement is possible but not Data Recovery...

What exactly is happening ???

Your Hdd was not from the FAULTY firmware production Batch which was only of 7200.11 .. yrs is from a healthy production one :p :hap2: .. so u r nt entitled for a recovery..
in other cases... the problem was from seagate s side.. (they made a defect firmware--which led to data loss and crashes)
yr crash is probably is not dude to firmware defect.,.,.

ST3500320AS
firmware : SD15

My firmware is sd15 which is under d faulty category as shown in the following site

Seagate Knowledge Base

But the singapore call centre says that my HDD does not fall under the faulty category..
The Seagate service centre in Chennai says Repair or Rplacement will be done based on the warranty but Data Recovery cannot be done...

Why is it so?

@ those who have got data recovery with this replacement..

do they give the recovered data in the original ofrmat of boot record? do they recreate partitions on the new drive?

or is it like one big folder containing the whole data ?

also... do they strip any data ?

apparently my similar hdd has some bad block according to windows event manager...system stops responding ..although mouse works.. having this problem since last night.

a quick hdtune scan of blocks does not show any bad blocks though..

Updated : Issue resolved for the moment..

bad block was cleared after scan disk.

but it did look like my drive was about to die..

:O

after firmware upgrade to SD1A from SD15

little low for this drive but still happy that it was upgraded without any data loss :)

hi sudeer
I am manish from delhi.
I want to talk to realt to hardisk recovery
can you give your number
by
Manish Jacob Delhi

My friend's seagate 500GB 7200.11 has gone kaput. How do we find then firmware of the drive. Assuming it is the fault firmware, how do we get it RMAed in Pune ??

Also will seagate do data recovery for the HDD ???

Back