Storage Solutions ST3500320AS 7200.11 Dead, Seagate is giving Replacement with DATA RECOVERY.

@hemant: thanks much for the info. I am having exactly the same problem with my seagate harddisk and was considering returning the harddrive for RMA to Accel guys and would have lost the data. I will call them tomorrow. Many thanks for this.

diabloReigns said:
hemant,

Please provide contact of this company.

ITS 9880872536 Mr. Sudheer . He handles all the data recovery solutions..
It wd be great if u quote him my name... Hemant ...
Their office is in Jaynagar and lab at RMV2nd Stage near vaibhaw theatre. i contacted him near vaibhaw theatre and he collected the hdd from me near vaibhaw thtr... i din approach his lab...
BY the way which place r u from.. Bangalore ?????

Damm!!! Just before I could do firmware update my seagate .11 died. WTF half my MUSIC is gone and I can't afford 3k.

I got this HDD with the SD1A firmware ! Its been 3 months since I got it, and from day one, its been showing up as S.M.A.R.T Fail in all HDD diagnostics I've ran. I've backed up the HDD incase of any kind of failure :D

gave the harddisk to Sudheer for data recovery last week. He indeed has a tie up with seagate and also got my harddisk replaced and data has been recovered. Cost 3000 INR. I am out of town, so will be getting the harddisk from Sudheer next week. Lets hope all the data has been recovered.

Hi Guys !!

I am pretty new to this forum and i tried finding solution of my problem in every search engine i knew but no avail.

I have the same ST3500320AS 7200.11 500 GB HDD which is not working. The problem is pretty weird. When i try to boot the windows from this HDD, it progresses upto the windows xp screen and after that comes a flash of blue error screen and it reboots. It does not even allow me to boot in the safe mode. I tried reinstalling the XP but it does nt let me do that too and restarts.

Second scenario :-

I try booting xp from my primary hard drive which is 7200.12 and keep 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) as the secondary drive and then i can not boot from the primary one too. It just stucks on Windows XP logo screen and the bar below keeps on moving. I tried keeping it for few hours too but it doesnt proceed any further.

Third Scenario :-

I unplug my 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) and boot XP normally from my 7200.12 and it boots properly without any problems. I plug in my 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) and windows doesnt recognize it automatically. I go to device manager and scan for hardware changes. It detects my 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) there and as soon as it detects it my computer freezes and i have to reboot it to make it to work.

So the thing is if i dont connect it my PC works absolutely fine but stops as soon as i connect it. I have updated the firmware but that did not solve the problem too. PCB has also been replaced recently and i really dont know what to do. Bios always detects both the hard drives when connected.

Please help !!:(

Hi Guys !!

I am pretty new to this forum and i tried finding solution of my problem in every search engine i knew but no avail.

I have the same ST3500320AS 7200.11 500 GB HDD which is not working. The problem is pretty weird. When i try to boot the windows from this HDD, it progresses upto the windows xp screen and after that comes a flash of blue error screen and it reboots. It does not even allow me to boot in the safe mode. I tried reinstalling the XP but it does nt let me do that too and restarts.

Second scenario :-

I try booting xp from my primary hard drive which is 7200.12 and keep 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) as the secondary drive and then i can not boot from the primary one too. It just stucks on Windows XP logo screen and the bar below keeps on moving. I tried keeping it for few hours too but it doesnt proceed any further.

Third Scenario :-

I unplug my 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) and boot XP normally from my 7200.12 and it boots properly without any problems. I plug in my 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) and windows doesnt recognize it automatically. I go to device manager and scan for hardware changes. It detects my 7200.11 (ST3500320AS) there and as soon as it detects it my computer freezes and i have to reboot it to make it to work.

So the thing is if i dont connect it my PC works absolutely fine but stops as soon as i connect it. I have updated the firmware but that did not solve the problem too. PCB has also been replaced recently and i really dont know what to do. Bios always detects both the hard drives when connected.

Please help !!:(

P.S> i am using a cooler master extreme 450 W PSU and i have tried changing the cables and connecters too.

What is the firmware of the 7200.11 HDD. If its the famed SD15 you better flash it to the stable one; before it stops showing up in your PC.

I had the exact same problem with my ST3500620AS, the bios failed to detect it all of a sudden, so called the Seagate tech support, logged a complaint about the firmware bug and they asked to keep my drive ready for pickup, i carefully packed the drive using layers of bubble wrap, thermocol and a hard cardboard box. Drive was picked up the next day.

Ten days later i.e. today, i get my drive back, updated with the recent firmware SD1A and all the data intact.:D

I got my data back but didnt go through all the Seagate hassle. Dropped it at my friends place on Sat night (who is a data recovery guy; and very good at it.) On Monday afternoon got a mail with the screen shots of the drive and the data. All there !!!!! :hap2:

New update... got the data back without paying any money :bleh: This is the benefit of having friends in the Computer circle :) Anyway gonna backup the data and then flash the firmware. Will let ya ppl know how it goes.

man gt tht hrdsk @ oct 08 was workin fyn until 31st dec :| thn all off a sudden it bricked !! :( went to seagate but thy said thy wont provide data recovery .. as the hrdsk has 1500 days of warranty i was in no hurry .. but the whole hrdisk is of RARE TRANCE MUSIC so its priceless for me :p .. singapore n us are providin free data recovery i hop india provides too :p i'll jst try my luck by callin on the number hemant gave .. else last option data recovery companies !!

any good data recovery company around n mum !!

I want to go for data recovery, have any one heard about Palco data recovery here in Kolkata? How are their jobs?

Back