Storage [Hard Drives , Optical Drives, Others]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Srini said:
I want 1 IDE To Serial ATA Converters, what shipping charges will come to Coimbatore?.
hi ,
I Have a Converter that Converts From SATA To IDe and IDE To SATA ,Rs :300 with Shipping to Your Area .

200mph said:
i think the wd ones are single platter and are there easily in the market look at them , they are :eek:hyeah: also good.

I searched WD's website. All the 320 GB drives appear to be double platter. I doubt that a single platter HDD would weigh more than 400 grams, hence the assumption(All the listed 320gb WD drives weigh upwards of 600 grams). If you know of a particular 320 gb model of WD which has the latest pmr technology (i.e. 320gb per platter) like seagate's 7200.11 series, please do share it with us :)

TechHead said:
^There is one.. 320AAKS.. I have one. Single 320GB platter.

Ok. this post reports that both the single platter and double platter 320 gb models from WD have the same model number i.e. 320AAKS.

Bad WD.:mad:

VN Boards - Western Digital reaches 320GB platter density

Here's some info to figure out the single platter models:

WD already makes 320GB drives that use 2 160GB platters as well and the new 320GB platter drive shares the same model number. However if you are able to view the full part number, the B3 in it near the end indicates it is the 320GB platter version. Such as this, WD3200AAKS-00B3A0. Unfortunately online retailers only show the first half of the PN.

EDIT: Was reading some reviews and it seems that the WD 320 GB single platter has pathetic seek times (>16). The 640 GB model from WD is however better. There is some chatter of the Seagate having awesome transfer rates and seek times(~12) due to better NCQ performance. The WDs are silent and cooler though.

Still interested in the Seagate.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Ok. this post reports that both the single platter and double platter 320 gb models from WD have the same model number i.e. 320AAKS.
Bad WD.:mad:

VN Boards - Western Digital reaches 320GB platter density

Here's some info to figure out the single platter models:

WD already makes 320GB drives that use 2 160GB platters as well and the new 320GB platter drive shares the same model number. However if you are able to view the full part number, the B3 in it near the end indicates it is the 320GB platter version. Such as this, WD3200AAKS-00B3A0. Unfortunately online retailers only show the first half of the PN.

EDIT: Was reading some reviews and it seems that the WD 320 GB single platter has pathetic seek times (>16). The 640 GB model from WD is however better. There is some chatter of the Seagate having awesome transfer rates and seek times(~12) due to better NCQ performance. The WDs are silent and cooler though.
Still interested in the Seagate.

Yes, had read about it earlier where it was stated that it is because they want to sell off the stockpile of older ones.

^^there is a thread about seagates terrific NCQ performance and i feel its worth the xtra effort put in to locating it and getting one :p

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
oops. noticed an IC thread on the forum for the Seagate.
Amarbir, please post/pm your quote asap .. :p

hi ,
No Disti Had a Clue, Will Speak To Thier Respective Channel Managers ,Guys I Was thinking That No One Has Interest checks For Hitachi HDD, Give It a Shot Will Yaa .

want to know the lowest prices for these

Intel C2D E8400
Abit IP35-E
XFX 8600GT
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Value
2 x Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz
Seagate 160GB Sata HDD
Lite On DVD-RW with Light Scribe
Antec Nine Hundred
Cooler Master Real Power 500w

dude_tinnu said:
want to know the lowest prices for these

Intel C2D E8400
Abit IP35-E
XFX 8600GT
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Value
2 x Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz
Seagate 160GB Sata HDD
Lite On DVD-RW with Light Scribe
Antec Nine Hundred
Cooler Master Real Power 500w

Sir ,
You got a PM ,check It

Okay, did I miss something here? U're charging 4% tax on the 750 WD? Is it mentioned anywhere here?

edit: Please post honest prices. It does no good to anyone if a dealer here on TE starts adding hidden costs like the hidden 4% tax AND air shipping @ Rs.81 instead of the 55 mentioned here. Surface cargo is mentioned as Rs. 50.63 when one orders from ur site :S , so where's the 55 charge posted here?

If I have to pay only what is quoted here as the price of the WD750 and Rs.81 for air shipping, I'll make the payment. But if the 4% tax is also to be paid, pls take my order as cancelled.

Naga said:
Okay, did I miss something here? U're charging 4% tax on the 750 WD? Is it mentioned anywhere here?

edit: Please post honest prices. It does no good to anyone if a dealer here on TE starts adding hidden costs like the hidden 4% tax AND air shipping @ Rs.81 instead of the 55 mentioned here. Surface cargo is mentioned as Rs. 50.63 when one orders from ur site :S , so where's the 55 charge posted here?

If I have to pay only what is quoted here as the price of the WD750 and Rs.81 for air shipping, I'll make the payment. But if the 4% tax is also to be paid, pls take my order as cancelled.

Hi ,
Yes There Are Two Shipping Methods And You Can Select Any ,I Updated the First post For This .Forget Whats Written In there Just Pay Rs :6100 + Freight What You Selected .Its Hard To Sync All Orders Here And Other Places.Go Ahead and Buy With Confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back