Suggest a good digicam in 10-15k range

Had been to HP 2day and got the following prices:

720 IS - Rs. 8700/- (china made)
S3 IS - Rs. 11700/- (Japanese made)

One other guy quoted 8900/- for the 720 IS and told that he had a Japanese made one, but he didn't show it to me and he will show it only if i ordered it.

Got a price of 14500/- from VT for the 720 IS (BW) and 9500/- without BW.

Todays visit got me all confused about this Chinese and Japanese made stuff:S

I really doubt if a mass market product like the S3/S5 would be buillt by Canon in Japan

If the seller claims it is Japanese indeed, there is a good chance it may be a fake :eek:hyeah:

superczar said:
I really doubt if a mass market product like the S3/S5 would be buillt by Canon in Japan
If the seller claims it is Japanese indeed, there is a good chance it may be a fake :eek:hyeah:

A quote from a forum post may be relevant-
"I deal with lots of Japanese electronic manufacturers. They have extremely strict rules and tight requirements on their products. Typically when a new model is introduced, it is first made in the Japan factory. Once the production process has been streamlined, the manufacturing is then transfered to off-shore factory (in China or Malaysia) to reduce labor cost. The components used are the same, the manufacturing process is the same, and each finished product goes through the same quality control before it can be shipped. So if you trust the brand name, you should trust the quality no matter where it was manufactured.

On the other hand, if we are talking about some no-name brand camera made in China, then I definitely won't touch it."
Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Made in China vs Japan

superczar said:

My S2IS was MIJ as well :)

Oops.. old thread :ashamed:

Back