WP Suggest a good Windows 8.1 tablet

Lumia 2520 is a wonderful tablet. Checkout the store apps, if they are sufficient go for it. Its one of the few tablet to have a full HD screen and sim slot, in Windows camp.

@killmastern3 how is tge desktop mode?
Last i used a samsung ativ 500t
Got irritated as chrome wont pinch zoom and IE was irritating

THAT was a chief complaint tonmove away
Other problems i had that time:

Metro apps won't detect videos from sd card, only from C drive

No good mkv player though now VLC is launched for metro

Appstore was sorely lacking in average games, not even candy crush, temple run etc
Only average game was riptide 2

Won't sync with gmail

And many more like very small icons in desktop mode and increasing icon size to 125% had it's own set of problems

The desktop application was almost unusable

No good pdf reader apart from the default reader app

Any insights on these??

@killmastern3 how is tge desktop mode?
Last i used a samsung ativ 500t
Got irritated as chrome wont pinch zoom and IE was irritating

THAT was a chief complaint tonmove away
Other problems i had that time:

Metro apps won't detect videos from sd card, only from C drive

No good mkv player though now VLC is launched for metro

Appstore was sorely lacking in average games, not even candy crush, temple run etc
Only average game was riptide 2

Won't sync with gmail

And many more like very small icons in desktop mode and increasing icon size to 125% had it's own set of problems

The desktop application was almost unusable

No good pdf reader apart from the default reader app

Any insights on these??
Using omni in desktop mode is absolutely fine. Icons are of decent size and detects your touch easily.
No idea about games or about videos playing from the hard drives. Didn't try those.
Installed and used foxit for pdf. Gmail sync had no problems. Synced as part of account so default email app synced gmail.
The tab has 1200p resolution. The screen is excellent. For 26k I would say good value for money.

I am not yet too sure about whether to get an atom tablet or not and whether 8 inch will suffice and if 11 would be too unwieldy. Will have to visit a physical store first I guess.

8" is enough if you want it to be portable. But i really recommend the ~10" ones. 8" is not Full HD so the text reading is fine in that.

@m-jeri please tell me can i replace the ipad air with a windows 8.1 atom tablet like dell venue 11 or omni 10??

need a solid pdf reader like adobe or goodreader on ipad plus office powerpoint usability

very happy with ipad air reading but need the powerpoint abilities

4600 for ipad editing is toooo much :(

Since I own them both.

For PDF, I prefer iPad Air
For anything office related, Dell Venue Pro 11. Actually its my personal machine. :D. I only have my 2 company laptops with me. And my personal laptop is with my brother. and My PC is a desktop. :D

If you want to see or know anything specific, shoot.

With all the confusion and my limited budget... Ive decided to go for an android tab for all the basic work and a 11.6" laptop later on as and when I have funds.

I was very eager on buying the dell venue 8 pro... But the 8" screen wont be enough to use windows...though the quad core atom processor is quite capable Ive read.

My first 4 tablets being android, I would really say Android is a total waste as a tablet. I bought the cheap ones, expensive ones, ones with dev activity etc.

If one wants to play some games, Youtube, check mails and browse. then ~70%. Even then performance is a hit or miss.

I want a tab for pdfs, youtube, other videos, browsing lots. I know these can be done on Android tablet easily. But wanted a windows tab or a small laptop because I'm learning some programming languages and need to carry the laptop all the time.

I know @m-jeri is a master in this field

His home turf, even i am quite a lot experienced, never thought i will replace the iPad air, absolute pleasure reading and highlighting pdfs of big text books plus sync onto laptop

But PowerPoint and word editing features are essential now as am writing my post graduation thesis now

Master???hehehe. U mean wasted money more than anyone else.

@ruiner21.

Android tabs...if u buying..make sure u get an expensive one..with a fast proccy...lots of ram..and the best screen. Colors..touch..and very importantly..the viewing angles.

Back