WP Suggest a good Windows 8.1 tablet

Ive used the first gen nexus 7 earlier... Enjoyed the experience a lot... Managed all the above tasks with ease.

No matter how much I want to own a high end tab, never had the pleasure of owning one... Lack of funds.

(I am a student, lack of funds is always there! :p)

I am so torn as to which full sized tablet/laptop to buy. While the specs of omni 10 are great and offering full windows 8,some reviews are not so positive i.e. occasional lagginess, erratic touch response. Im afraid if i purchase this ill end up with half a tablet and half a laptop instead of a good tablet + good laptop combo. And also unlike ipad, you are never sure how long these things will last. Atleast with ipad, you have piece of mind that it is a great tablet and after JB, you can use it with a mouse as well to convert it into a pseudo laptop, but then you miss out on the functionality of full windows 8. Such an exasperating first world conundrum.

Looking forward to your review.

No doubt ipad is ipad

I want to use it to see through the transient phase of final yr of my studies

Then when i start earning i will buy the ipad again!! Plus a windows 8.1 tablet

To try windows 8.1 yesterday i installed 8.1 on my laptop to see the apps and usability

For a user like me if omni 10 actually works ok then i wont miss ipad again!!
Seriously i do nothing more on ipad than youtube,
adobe reader,
chmate for chm books,
some ebay app browsing,
music and basic photo editing which is much better on windows i saw

Vlc player in metro mode works nicely though may not be perfect but i liked the xbox music app

My last tryst with windows 8.1 was on Samsung ativ 500t clovertrail 11.6 inch tablet with digitizer for 40000Rs

That time ibwas frustrated with small things
Music app can now specify which folder to look for e.g SD card
Same with the default Videos app
And Same with Adobe reader touch

Many apps i use will work fine using the browser too ;)

Then there was a issue of chrome which sucked big time though IE was superb, same prob persists but the chrome canary 32bit seems so solve that problem too!!

Rest i will update once i get the tablet

A big concern is many games and apps which are free on android and ios are paid ones on windows, beyond my understanding!!!

Very happy with the OMNI 10 till now
Office student is very touch friendly awesomeeeee[DOUBLEPOST=1405955018][/DOUBLEPOST]ipad 32 gb 3g will be up for sale tomorrow :)

Seeing many Dell Venue Pro 8 for 200USD Manufacturer Refurb with 1 year warranty.
i read somewhere that ms has a hardcore plan to come up with low cost high performance windows tabs in near future to compete with android tabs, some retailing for as low as 100$. i think soon we will have a full fledged windows tab 8 inch with full hd screen and 4 gb ram is available for ~15k

Yea. Cheap tablet is a sure shot way for MS to get domain share. I mean, whoever is using android tablets really needs to give a windows tab a chance. I mean to run EVERY x86 app in a 8" slate is really enticing. I hope the no-app-slogans can be given a rest for a while. Because if that doesnt satisfy people, nothing will.

The way i see it, Wifi x86 tablet that can run the N number of Internet dongles itself will get many takers in India. :D

The real life Problem is people always compare it to laptops!!

Just now i showed the hp omni 10 to a friend and how i was impressed with the touch friendly office 2013 and it's multitasking features....

His reaction was....

How many USB PORTS???

I was bowled and realized what is happening to windows tablets!!

Trust me this tablet is now really useful and just one thing is battery backup is not comparable to iPad air!!!

Hope it atleast charged a bit faster

True. I was in best buy last Saturday with a friend to buy new tabs. He kept telling me, I need to connect dongle dongle. When I said in android if you dont tinker with it, its not possible. He went on and asked the best buy guys itself. They didn't understand what the dongle first off. :)

Anyways I end up buying the Dell Venue Pro 8 and a Asus fonepad for him. :D

:S :(

Anyways I end up buying the Dell Venue Pro 8 and a Asus fonepad for him.

For my room mate. Not for me. :). Although I am looking forward to have a thorough looksie.D

My 11 Pro is a keeper. Its my personal PC now. :D. I cannot say that enough. All my application work on it. :). To be honest, Last 1 week I use that more than the iPad Air. Thinking whether I should keep it or not.Perhaps I may get the Galaxy S 8.4. I loved the form factor, build qlty. and its lighter than my Air. Though I am not happy about the similar applications in Android. :(.

And right now my Snapdragon 800 N9005 feels like lagging. Perhaps placebo, but still irritates me.

Back