PC Peripherals Suggest a UPS

snake

Disciple
I am looking for UPS which can give me atleast 5 min back up without triping
My system config :

Athlon X2 3600+ (will be overclocking this weekend)
Biostar TF 550 SE
19" Viewsonic Monitor
XFX 8800GTS
2 gb RAM
2 HDD
1 DVD Writer
2 LED 80mm Fan
1 120mm Fan
2 Cold Cathode Tubes (optional I can remove them)
1 Mouse
1 Keyboard
Currently I m using Corsair 620 Watt SMPS

And I will be overclocking this weekend so UPS shd support my overclocked components also.
Plz suggest me some good UPS.Will 650 watts ups will be enough for me ???

RiO said:
APC Back-UPS 650VA for 3.2k or a Powercom in the same range.

A 650 VA UPS is likely to supply only around 400W. Will it suffice, especially considering the fact that he is using a 620W SMPS. Also isn't a sine wave UPS very costly?

^ that doesnt mean that the PSU is drawing 620 watts of power at any given point of time. It still draws only what is needed which in his case the APC 650VA should suffice. Yea sine wave ones are a bit more expensive but worth it considering your output is also more :)

janitha said:
A 650 VA UPS is likely to supply only around 400W. Will it suffice, especially considering the fact that he is using a 620W SMPS. Also isn't a sine wave UPS very costly?
His system will probably draw 400W peak, and the 650VA is capable of handling upto 500W, so where is the issue?

Haven't heard a lot of good about Microtek and I haven't heard anything about Luminous... but Powercom has been a reliable brand for it's cost based on a few people I know that own them.

kooabs03 said:
or you can buy APC 800VA for around 4.8K
Get an APC if you are ok with your Corsair buzzing when on battery backup ... else as second choice even powercom and powersafe are decent enough.

thexfactor said:
Get an APC if you are ok with your Corsair buzzing when on battery backup ... else as second choice even powercom and powersafe are decent enough.

Wat u mean by buzzing ??
And is der anyway I can avoid it by buying some other brand reliable UPS?
And wat is Sine Wave UPS ??

most of us have this one wrong. if u are running a 19" lcd with a good rig u cannot use a 650va or something like that. need to get 1kva for that which comes from apc at around 4-5k mininum u need this. i was gettin one as well until i found out and also my dealer told me it wont work for sure.

Looking to buy a new UPS,i am looking for the Smart Ups 850VA from Apc

I want a Ups that Gives a Pure Sine Wave Backup

Wats the Likely cost of this ?

Rave said:
about 2 weeks back, i got a quote of 2.8k for PCM 1KVA UPS....

Thats a good PRICE !! I paid 4K for it a year back :O

@palito - FWIW I run a Corsair 620w with a APC SmartUPS 750i and have no problems with this or with my old APC BackUPS 800 RS

Back