PC Peripherals Suggest a UPS

jesal said:
whos got a 19 inch lcd with a 600w power supply and 8series gfx card running on a 500va ups ? and does it really work

i have one.

i was under the assumption that my single battery UPS from Guard/Nexus was 650VA. day before yesterday when i was checking something only that i found that its actually a 500VA UPS:( . and this one is not able to take the load of my system. shuts down the moment the power goes.

Now i have a problem with this UPS. it does not switch to direct power even when the power is there and socket is connected to the wall outlet.

what could be reason? is the relay gone or has some card gone bad. the problem started when i started running the UPS on my inverter (local brand) when the power went off. it was working perfectly fine for around 3 - 4 days but now is not.

plz help.

so i was right with a config like mine or higher or lil lesser we have to invest in higher va ups atleast 1kva for sure

Can someone tell me which is the Cheapest/good if not the best pure sin wave UPS?

Is powercom 1KVA a pure sin wave UPS?

This might be a supid question. anyways curious...how do you connect the normal 2/3 pin power cord to the output connections (IEC 320 C13) available in the APC smart series ups ?

what is the adaptor called ?

This is just what I read while searching for good UPS & accidentally come across UPS Ranking 2008 Year site.

ASIA POWERCOM is on No.1, keeping APC on 2/3... in best technology & cost effective. :)

Hope will through some light for who is searching VFM UPS. :)

jesal said:
most of us have this one wrong. if u are running a 19" lcd with a good rig u cannot use a 650va or something like that. need to get 1kva for that which comes from apc at around 4-5k mininum u need this. i was gettin one as well until i found out and also my dealer told me it wont work for sure.
Don't know what you mean but I run a 22" LCD with APC Back-UPS ES (300 or 390V) wihthout any trouble at all: APC BACK-UPS ES 500VA 230V INDIA

All the computer UPS have power factor of around 0.6... So a 800VA=800*0.6=480W.... So this much of power is enough to power a corsair 450W right... Wont it power up.... Can guys who are using CORSAIR SMPS tel wat UPS you are using so that we can better understand practically what is needed to power up the system safely....

Thats cool...:cool2: Was confused with this pure-sine wave stuff.... Does your SMPS make any extra noise when run on back-up power??? How much mins backup does it give???

I dnt know what noise...But ya, there a very light buzzing sound from UPS which comes...But that comes always be with my earlier Zebronics passive PSU or current Corsair active PSU...
So, no worries about any noise whatsoever...:)

Max i have seen is 20 minutes after which i switch off the PC, though powerchute shows as 34 minutes...:p

whatever it is just dont go for microtek
i saw two products of microtek not lasting even for a year
i have been using wipro's upc for 4 years now and its still working fine
if you dont want to scratch your head for the brand just go for APC

Hello friends,
I bought a new pc yesterday and i am interested in buying an APC UPS. The backup time is not important as i need the ups to safely shutdown my system incase of a power failer, so 5mins backup time is more than enough for me. I have Corsair TX650 and 22" lcd monitor. Which APC model do you suggest??? I guess i need a pure sine wave UPS as TX650 has active PFC. Budget is around 8k.

Eagerly waiting for your replies :) thanks in advance

Regards,
Harley

Back