Video Suggest a VFM 26" LCD

adder said:
well u can always make the samsung look better or u can even make a cheap VU lcd set look better then others ,it all depends upon the settings.
the samsung series 5 was dull due to the settings,i am sure it would have looked better much better since it has quite a lot more contrast to play with.which the lg can only dream off.

i agree to that as well, whats more imp is that u see the same video play on both the panels next to each other - missed mentioning that i was viewing different on different panels...

nikeel said:
Well, actually HD content looks better on most LCD TVs.
Its the performance of the SD content that I am worried about.

well for SD content the sony BE3 has the best upscaler compared to others from samsung,lg,panasonic.

nikeel said:
Well, actually HD content looks better on most LCD TVs.
Its the performance of the SD content that I am worried about.

well for SD content the sony BE3 has the best upscaler compared to others from samsung,lg,panasonic.
btw don't compare the performance of sd content from a older sony with BE or BE2.its only the tvs with BE3 that have improved a lot

adder said:

btw don't compare the performance of sd content from a older sony with BE or BE2.its only the tvs with BE3 that have improved a lot

What I have noticed is that in Sony, for SD signals, only BE3 is not enough for good picture.

It only seems to be taking care of color processing aspect as the SD picture still suffers from some level of pixellation(lacks good anti-aliasing effect).

Just to give an idea for SD picture quality in my LCD,

I feel, due to Full HD(double number of pixels), even the upscaled SD signal of Hathway looks great at even short distances.

I am honestly almost repenting for ordering new Airtel DTH (it has not been installed as yet, but i've already made payment for the starter pack)

cool.aquarian said:
What I have noticed is that in Sony, for SD signals, only BE3 is not enough for good picture.
It only seems to be taking care of color processing aspect as the SD picture still suffers from some level of pixellation(lacks good anti-aliasing effect).
Just to give an idea for SD picture quality in my LCD,
I feel, due to Full HD(double number of pixels), even the upscaled SD signal of Hathway looks great at even short distances.
I am honestly almost repenting for ordering new Airtel DTH (it has not been installed as yet, but i've already made payment for the starter pack)

as mentioned earlier if the source itself sucks then thier is nothing much a image processing can do.its like trying to compare a MP3 vs CD quality,even if u buy a high end audio cd player,if u play mp3 it will suck.
well for dth i have both airtel and big tv,while airtel is slightly better then ur hathway,in big tv their is quite a lot of difference since they use lesser compresion and has a component out.

cool.aquarian said:

From the various posts in these & other forums, I read that Full HD is worse than HD Ready for SD content as the amount of upscaling required for Full HD is much more than HD Ready.

At the same time, as u mention, the Full HD TVs have a higher contrast ratio which is better than HD Ready.

Don't know which of the above 2 arguments is more valid :huh:

get a Full HD TV at the least.make it kinda little futureproof.

for Sony - get V series minimum.

my suggestion - KLV 32V550A/B.

FOR SAMSUNG - LA32B530P7R

Both should be arnd 40k.

Back