Budget 71-90K Suggest me a replacement laptop for Dell XPS

avi

Skilled
I have Dell XPS L501x, it's 3 4 years old. I am thinking to replace it with a better one. What are my options? Budget is not an issue, can stretch up to 80K.

What I need:
- Latest gen i7 or i5
- 1080p HD screen
- backlit keyboard
- 4GB - 8GB RAM
- 128GB HDD (SSD preferred)
- 2.1 speakers

Last edited:
I run Hackintosh :p

Looking for a better CPU. And also it has become old. it's 4 years old. I am not really sure about replacing, still deciding on it. So wanted to know if I have any options.

Or else I will add 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and keep it.

I am also thinking of adding 4GB RAM and keeping it for sometime but the battery is gone.

I am also thinking of adding 4GB RAM and keeping it for sometime but the battery is gone.
even my battery is also gone. I had 9 cell battery.

btw any idea how much we could get 2x2GB RAMs which are in laptop? Since XPS has two slots and both are used, we have to sell these 2GB ones first.

These are 1330 MHz, DDR3, 2GB RAMs

I think I have a one 4GB one and the other slot is empty. Need to check that once.

I had a 6 cell one and it last a grant total of 3 minutes :D. Abhi TV nahi bana .

My brother is using a L502x since long time too.. upgraded to 80GB SSD at the time of purchase and added additional 256 GB SSD after 8 months or so, Configured with 8 GB RAM by default. He browses extensively with 40+ tabs open never shuts down. (with high uptime sometimes more than a month) replaced the 6 cell battery 4 months ago.

It never shows singes of any slowdown at any point. although he doesn't play games on it.

SSD is very crucial upgrade, which can make a difference of night and day in fast computing as hard disk is the bottleneck for most of the tasks. Please do yourself a favour and get a nice and fast SSD and enjoy fast performance :D

You can check out MSI's GE60 (http://www.flipkart.com/msi) It's a bit higher than your budget but suits your gaming needs. It has many freebies at the moment being sold at Flipkart. (Steelseries accessories and games)

Back