Audio Suggest me IEM within 2.5 K

i dont think you should expect a huge improvement on burn in ..universally speaking.

if your expectations are very high , you might fall flat on the face, if it does not improve much and you might hate it as well.

I was not expecting much with my S4, but they did improve with burn in , the treble smoothed a bit. but if i would have been expecting it to improve..I would have wanted the mids better , treble better :p ...and (you can guess)

The K702 on the other hand are improving every day, i think i have done ...1.5K-2K hours on them they still are improving..!

The first impression of M2 is just - "awesome".

However two things that I didn't like:

Isolation is rather poor compared to my old PL11. I travel by metro and I have to pump up the volume quite a bit .But still the noise is clearly audible. Will try with some biflanges and see.

Soundstage is not that great compared to my friend's PL50. The soundstage in PL50 is just amazing.

But overall I'm liking it.

^ I get best isolation with those foam tips . Just press them completely till they are compressed and then push it in your ear. :D

I'm having problem with proper fitting of the M2. The foam tips never work for me - I don't know whether I'm doing it right or not - but I get inferior SQ with the foam tips. Also as the isolation is not that great, I tried a pair of biflanges that came with PL11 - but that didn't fit well either. I normally use medium flanges with the PL11. I tried those on the M2 and they do sound better than the medium single flange that came with M2. I'm yet to compare the isolation though.

Any idea which tips should I try?

Shall I get some Head-direct tips that Amarbir is selling?

Do they provide better fit and isolation than stock tips?

^I hope you compress the foam tips by pressing them between your fingers before inserting in the ear .Thats the best way to get a proper fit with foam tips.

M2 do show (albeit little?) effect after proper burn-in.

Also biflanges give better isolation but poorer SQ, for me. The low-end vibrations (rumble?) are damped by biflanges but are felt more on default tips.

^^ Thats true...

My M2 showed an improvement with heavy burnin (low volume 25 hrs, high volume 10hrs)
It opened up a lot..

Even i can say it has reached the threshold of 320kbps mp3quality..

i.e. I upgrade to a better pair, i need to go for lossless, to perceive difference...

Note: The units were retails (45deg plug) Everywhere the impressions were of the betas..
I think there is an improvement in drivers too..

Well guys its about a week after I got hold of M2. It is surely an improvement from PL11 but I find them too much bass heavy for my taste. I like something more neutral with a wider soundstage and better isolation.

So, hunt has began again for the ideal IEM to my taste. I can extend the budget upto 4K. So, what are the choices within that budget?

RE-0 or RE-Zero

PL-50

or anything other?

Last point to be noted is that I don't like to carry an amp.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

At this point I would like to keep my budget within 4K :( (already extended from 2.5K).

What I read from the reviews is taht RE-0 likes to be amped so I'm thinking.

Pour more suggestions.

And BTW my M2 is up for sale - I would start a sale thread soon (after deciding what to buy).

soundstage wise i am not sur with re0
zero should have better soundstge and tad more quantity.
what about RE1+ an amp. like E7.

if buying the re0, consider sushant's unused offering as well!

BTW ...i would suggest you go all out sell your M2 and buy the DBA 2 at 7.8 (lol, could not stop myself :p )

all we can suggest is to audition and then buy ,

possible choices :

Fischer audio Eterna, the M3 and RE-zero. Re1 also if you have an amp.

you can also EQ the M2 to to suit your bass requirements .. zero cost.

chiron said:
@archat: going by the reviews, the Fischer Silver Bullet perfectly fits that reqirement.
archat , +1 for this .

U can actually consider this !

Make sure to buy the rev 2of silver bullets , they have a improved cable . But these rev2 arent availble uet with marbir , else would have been in my hands till now :p

@ startegy - he has clearly mentioned , no amping as of now .

and budget strictly 4k .

Then tell me how can he go for RE1+ a mp ( atleasta fiio e7 )

What about silver bullet?

Actually I want some input who has listened to RE0, M2 and others like the Silver bullet or Eterna.

I don't have much choice for auditioning here at Kolkata.

anubhav2345 said:
@ startegy - he has clearly mentioned , no amping as of now .

and budget strictly 4k .

Then tell me how can he go for RE1+ a mp ( atleasta fiio e7 )

you are saying this ....!! am shocked ..

here is how
you buy RE1 and E7 second hand at 5-6K

then sell it to him at 4K

and thats not far from reality...seeing you selling streak

@archat68 ..CALL FAHEEM , he has listened to the eterna , M2 , M3 , more he can tell you ...going through his impression of M3 i think they suit you.

Back